Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2007, 02:16 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,639,746 times

Advertisements

Do they have automated hotel cleaning machines now? What about carne guisada makers in your favorite restaurant?

The point is, people immigrate here to work. If there wasn't any work, they wouldn't be here. We ALL benefit economically, although probably not ethically, from cheap labor. If Americans take the jobs the illegal immigrants have today, they're going to organize, demand decent wages and health care and sue when they're injured on the job. The prices of everything will go up. Immigrants are here because they'll do crappy work for crappy wages. When that situation changes, we'll no longer have an influx of illegal aliens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2007, 02:26 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,636,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
So your family has an automated farm and you're on here kicking and screaming about having to push a button on the ATM?

Jeez, lady. Most of us would give our right -- uh -- arm to be in your shoes!

You ought to give thanks you've got it so darned easy.
Hello what is it with people assuming things!!!!!! I DONT WORK THERE!!! it is called family not me. I have to do manual labor and design jobs, yes female I create things and put on bags to make them. Wow quite concept I know a citizen doing labor who would have thought that.

Old 10-02-2007, 02:29 PM

1,354 posts, read 4,574,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
Do they have automated hotel cleaning machines now? What about carne guisada makers in your favorite restaurant?

The point is, people immigrate here to work. If there wasn't any work, they wouldn't be here. We ALL benefit economically, although probably not ethically, from cheap labor. If Americans take the jobs the illegal immigrants have today, they're going to organize, demand decent wages and health care and sue when they're injured on the job. The prices of everything will go up. Immigrants are here because they'll do crappy work for crappy wages. When that situation changes, we'll no longer have an influx of illegal aliens.
This is getting old.........American corporations are breaking the law and should be prosecuted; illegal aliens are breaking the law and should be prosecuted. PERIOD! Oh and these bought and paid politicians should be TRIED & CONVICTED by the American citizens and documented immigrants who came here the right way! Imagine that?

Old 10-02-2007, 02:34 PM

This is getting old.........American corporations are breaking the law and should be prosecuted; illegal aliens are breaking the law and should be prosecuted. PERIOD! Oh and these bought and paid politicians should be TRIED & CONVICTED by the American citizens and documented immigrants who came here the right way! Imagine that?

As long as you're willing to pay the increased prices and deal with the other results of a labor shortage, get to prosecuting!

Old 10-02-2007, 02:34 PM

5,408 posts, read 7,779,474 times
I think the point being made is that perhaps the anger and frustration expressed towards the illegal immigrant segment of the country is being misplaced and they as individuals are being unfairly characterized and stereotyped; perhaps the issues run deeper and are due to macro socio-economic and political causes where the immigrants are merely the pawns or victims, and as such do not deserve the scapegoating they receive. The villains can be the employers hiring them, the consumers enjoying the benefits of their labor, the governments that both put up with the situation because in the end it benefits both countries. You pick.

Old 10-02-2007, 02:35 PM

20,170 posts, read 24,264,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Hello what is it with people assuming things!!!!!! I DONT WORK THERE!!! it is called family not me. I have to do manual labor and design jobs, yes female I create things and put on bags to make them. Wow quite concept I know a citizen doing labor who would have thought that.
People assume things because that is what you tell them. I mean, Duh.

You "create things and put on bags to make them"? What the HECK does that mean?

You know what? I'm not so sure English is your native language.

(p.s. I'm just kidding, you know.....)

Old 10-02-2007, 02:35 PM

I think the point being made is that perhaps the anger and frustration expressed towards the illegal immigrant segment of the country is being misplaced and they as individuals are being unfairly characterized and stereotyped; perhaps the issues run deeper and are due to macro socio-economic and political causes where the immigrants are merely the pawns or victims, and as such do not deserve the scapegoating they receive. The villains can be the employers hiring them, the consumers enjoying the benefits of their labor, the governments that both put up with the situation because in the end it benefits both countries. You pick.

Thank you!

Old 10-02-2007, 02:37 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,450,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bily4 View Post
Well said.

More of you should wander into the Immigration forum and represent the many perspectives of the illegal presence here in the US.

Old 10-02-2007, 02:42 PM

5,408 posts, read 7,779,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50Thunderdart View Post
Well said.

More of you should wander into the Immigration forum and represent the many perspectives of the illegal presence here in the US.
Too much ignorance and hate in there for me, amigo... the negativity of that place drains the life energy out of you after a while.

Old 10-02-2007, 02:44 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,636,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
People assume things because that is what you tell them. I mean, Duh.

You "create things and put on bags to make them"? What the HECK does that mean?

You know what? I'm not so sure English is your native language.

(p.s. I'm just kidding, you know.....)
hahahah, forgot to laugh. Lovely people we have here. And I didnt say I had a farm I said my family had a farm. People assumed it was me.

lets see, in easier terms for you, I design jobs, like houses, kitches, bathrooms, an so forth , then I go to the jobsite put on my girly bags and grab a nail gun and get to framing, or tiling, or installing fixtures. In other words I dont sit on my ass.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies