Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2012, 08:53 AM

13,620 posts, read 12,692,471 times

Advertisements

droughts are bunrning, zombies are walking, politicians are crawling, ice caps are melting, big corps are currupting, middle east is collapsing, europe is sinking, tsunami's are drowning,food prices are skyrocketing,dollar is collapsing, illegal aliens are squirming across the desert..gun crazies are packing...

sounds like it could be true
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2012, 08:56 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,206,481 times
Nah..they found a new calendar that goes past 12/21/2012 this past May. Ain't that convenient ?
So put your fears away because they discovered this just in time.
The lizard men won't be coming this year.

Newly discovered Mayan calendar goes way past 2012
Newly discovered wall writings found in Guatemala show the famed Maya culture's obsession with cycles of time. But they also show calendars that go well beyond 2012, the year when the vanished civilization, according to popular culture, expected the end of the world.

Old 07-25-2012, 08:57 AM

3,201 posts, read 3,846,246 times
It's about time the planet gets off of methadone.

Time for a fresh start.

Good news.

Old 07-25-2012, 08:58 AM

41,478 posts, read 59,590,047 times
I am already buying a supply of sausage, cheese, wine and whiskey (I'll bake bread that morning) so I can watch the day on the TV. Should be like watching the millenium arrive.

Addendum: those new calandars are fake. I'm not giving up my party.

Old 07-25-2012, 09:01 AM

13,620 posts, read 12,692,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Nah..they found a new calendar that goes past 12/21/2012 this past May. Ain't that convenient ?
So put your fears away because they discovered this just in time.
The lizard men won't be coming this year.

Newly discovered Mayan calendar goes way past 2012
Newly discovered wall writings found in Guatemala show the famed Maya culture's obsession with cycles of time. But they also show calendars that go well beyond 2012, the year when the vanished civilization, according to popular culture, expected the end of the world.

i saw that,, it's the new calender for after the apocalypse of 2012.. one needs a new sheet of bounty after the crap hits the fans

Old 07-25-2012, 09:36 AM

13,673 posts, read 8,955,497 times
I admit, I am becoming concerned.

In an idle moment I was looking at my 2012 Hallmark Calendar (the one with the cute Kittens in humorous poses), and discovered, to my horror, that it ends December 31, 2012!

What does this mean? Is the end of the world coming on December 31st (as opposed to those Mayan idiots, who stated that it is December 21st, which is the first day of winter)?

Indeed, I believe Hallmark must has knowledge about the coming horror, for the photograph for December 2012 shows an adorable kitten, improbably clutching, with its cute little front paws, what appears to be a rope, and obviously dangling over a vast, deep gorge (not pictured, but you can tell from the kitten's look of concern on its fuzzy little face), with the caption "Hang in there!"

I shuddered. Did Hallmark actually span the Grand Canyon with a rope, and then toss the kitten onto the middle of the rope span, in order to take a photograph of the little kitten's struggle to avoid a fall to certain Death?

Yes, I decided.

Why? To warn us non-kittens (for the world is divided into kittens, and non-kittens) that our world, as we know it, will come to and end December 31st.

Hang in there indeed!

I don't know about you, but I plan to hug a kitten today, and cash out my 401.

Old 07-25-2012, 09:39 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,206,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
I admit, I am becoming concerned.

In an idle moment I was looking at my 2012 Hallmark Calendar (the one with the cute Kittens in humorous poses), and discovered, to my horror, that it ends December 31, 2012!

What does this mean? Is the end of the world coming on December 31st (as opposed to those Mayan idiots, who stated that it is December 21st, which is the first day of winter)?

Indeed, I believe Hallmark must has knowledge about the coming horror, for the photograph for December 2012 shows an adorable kitten, improbably clutching, with its cute little front paws, what appears to be a rope, and obviously dangling over a vast, deep gorge (not pictured, but you can tell from the kitten's look of concern on its fuzzy little face), with the caption "Hang in there!"

I shuddered. Did Hallmark actually span the Grand Canyon with a rope, and then toss the kitten onto the middle of the rope span, in order to take a photograph of the little kitten's struggle to avoid a fall to certain Death?

Yes, I decided.

Why? To warn us non-kittens (for the world is divided into kittens, and non-kittens) that our world, as we know it, will come to and end December 31st.

Hang in there indeed!

I don't know about you, but I plan to hug a kitten today, and cash out my 401.
OR ....start buying those 18 month calendars

Old 07-25-2012, 09:44 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,890,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I am already buying a supply of sausage, cheese, wine and whiskey (I'll bake bread that morning) so I can watch the day on the TV. Should be like watching the millenium arrive.

Addendum: those new calandars are fake. I'm not giving up my party.
LOL we should meet in the mountains somehwere over a hot toddy.... With our wives of course....mac
I'l bring some cigars.

Old 07-25-2012, 09:46 AM

1,262 posts, read 1,295,270 times
Default Reminds me of an old tv show

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
droughts are bunrning, zombies are walking, politicians are crawling, ice caps are melting, big corps are currupting, middle east is collapsing, europe is sinking, tsunami's are drowning,food prices are skyrocketing,dollar is collapsing, illegal aliens are squirming across the desert..gun crazies are packing...
Car 54 where are you?

Old 07-25-2012, 09:50 AM

12,322 posts, read 17,066,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post

sounds like it could be true
Have not seen any zombies...Wait! There's one now!

Sorry, Charlie Sheen is drunk again. It was just Charlie stumbling along.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies