Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2012, 02:44 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,154,780 times

Advertisements

Many are regretting going to an expensive school because they have a 30 year high mortgage to pay back on their education.

Some have 160 thousand and up to pay back..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2012, 03:05 PM

16,215 posts, read 11,331,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Pancake View Post
Well she has a better chance of doing a good job in the kitchen than she does spewing her "opinions" on TV. At least she would probably make sense in the kitchen.
And if she needs to be legally confined there to assume responsiibility for her follies, fantasies and foolish choices .... so be it!! Better that than the honest taxpayer footing the bill.

Old 07-25-2012, 04:45 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,934,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Pancake View Post
Well she has a better chance of doing a good job in the kitchen than she does spewing her "opinions" on TV. At least she would probably make sense in the kitchen.
Maybe!!

Old 07-25-2012, 04:50 PM

6,391 posts, read 5,166,596 times
After listening to the arguments, both sides have valid points. I also disagree with some points both sides make. I think colleges are charging more money in many cases, because they need more to support their sports or other extracurricular activities.

I also think everyone should have the opportunity to go to college, but going to college isn't a right. If I need to explain why it isn't a right, then look up the word.

Old 07-25-2012, 09:16 PM

2,918 posts, read 5,607,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
I dare you to post a clip or a quote from Peter Schiff where he espouses sexist views towards women and their roles in modern society.

Good luck finding that clip or quote...
prolly wont. i met him at freedomfest back in 2002 or 2003 and i remember him rtalking about it, specifically the the negative impact of women coming into the labor force. maybe his views have changed but i personally agree with him (even if that makes me a "sexist")

Old 07-25-2012, 09:22 PM

29,817 posts, read 24,898,335 times
The rolling of the eyes is just too precious. And she clearly understands how free markets work... Because she said so. The unfortunate fact of the matter is we have a government run more along the lines of the way this women thinks, instead of the way most sensible Americans think. Get ready for more bubbles on the horizon. All those student loans are guaranteed by the government and packaged as AAA rated investments. Yea, when that bubble pops, nothing bad will happen or anything...

Old 07-25-2012, 09:33 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,946,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
Both people in the video are actually right. Of course the premise of the OP is absolutely wrong. There is a middle ground to the argument. Govt. should pay for all qualified secondary education and regulate the costs. If a degree program has a low repayment rate, then that institution should be cut off from federal funding.

Old 07-25-2012, 09:43 PM

29,817 posts, read 24,898,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
Both people in the video are actually right. Of course the premise of the OP is absolutely wrong. There is a middle ground to the argument. Govt. should pay for all qualified secondary education and regulate the costs. If a degree program has a low repayment rate, then that institution should be cut off from federal funding.
Yes, this won't lead to bloated costs or anything. Oh wait, you said they should "regulate" it, so it will work out just fine than, won't it... And when you say the government should pay, you really mean "we the people" should pay. Sorry, I don't like your idea one bit, because it would have the same results.

Old 07-25-2012, 09:48 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,946,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Yes, this won't lead to bloated costs or anything. Oh wait, you said they should "regulate" it, so it will work out just fine than, won't it... And when you say the government should pay, you really mean "we the people" should pay. Sorry, I don't like your idea one bit, because it would have the same results.
Well you don't like my idea. O.K. I do. Yes taxpayers would guarantee the loans, but schools should be restricted to those that actually lead to jobs. Basically the govt. (us) would make sure that our employees remain globally competitive, which would be good for the u.s. economy.

Old 07-27-2012, 08:53 AM

5,960 posts, read 5,545,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foadi View Post
prolly wont. i met him at freedomfest back in 2002 or 2003 and i remember him rtalking about it, specifically the the negative impact of women coming into the labor force. maybe his views have changed but i personally agree with him (even if that makes me a "sexist")
Yes, he has talked about that in regards to latchkey kids and the additional workers pushing down wages but he has NEVER said that "the woman's place is in the home" or any crap like that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies