Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2012, 07:23 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,935,751 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
And what does this bill, H.R. 459, do exactly, besides audit the Fed? What is R. Paul trying to find?
$16 Trillion US Dollars were printed and dished out to not only domestic but foreign Banks and Corporations, with no Congressional oversight or knowledge, and you aren't concerned about that?

Especially considering the same men that sat on the Board of The Fed were often CEO's of the "Too Big To Fail" Banks that were receiving these unprecedented bailouts.
Anyone in Congress that opposes this Bill is a traitor to the American people and the Constitution they were sworn under oath to protect, plain and simple.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2012, 07:25 AM

8,091 posts, read 5,911,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post

Now, replace "breadstuffs" with "real estate" and practically everything else, and you can see what the crooks have been doing. Oh, and the number of families ruined is more like 50 million vs 50,000... Long story short, nothing really changes. There is a certain element among the rich and powerful who will not stop until they own everything and everyone. These types are naturally found in places of privelage and power, where their rotten deeds are not questioned. We should recognize them before they destroy us.
That alone tells you how far gone we are...

United States novelty of independence was gone 100 years ago. England had the last laugh...Andrew Jackson knew this.

Old 07-26-2012, 07:25 AM

36 posts, read 21,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
$16 Trillion US Dollars were printed and dished out to not only domestic but foreign Banks and Corporations, with no Congressional oversight or knowledge, and you aren't concerned about that?

Especially considering the same men that sat on the Board of The Fed were often CEO's of the "Too Big To Fail" Banks that were receiving these unprecedented bailouts.
Anyone in Congress that opposes this Bill is a traitor to the American people and the Constitution they were sworn under oath to protect, plain and simple.
Yes, that.

Old 07-26-2012, 07:30 AM

9,827 posts, read 6,936,232 times
Quote:
This "audit" includes making public, deliberations over changes to the benchmark interest rate.

Bernanke has repeatedly said the legislation would open up Fed policy-making to political pressure and put the central bank’s independence at risk. The bill, which passed 327-98, needs to gain Senate approval and the signature of President Barack Obama before becoming law.

When the Fed was created in 1913, the objective was to make the Fed independent of Congress because prior monetary policy was made by Congress and they proved themselves not to be able to make policy based upon economics and not politics.

If they're looking for a real audit, all Fed banks are already audited: How the Federal Reserve Is Audited - Fedpoints - Federal Reserve Bank of New York
Poppycock

Old 07-26-2012, 07:31 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,948,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post

What does that have to do with R. Paul's bill? The GAO already audited the Fed about that: http://sanders.senate.gov/imo/media/...estigation.pdf

According to The Washington Post, “The GAO report did not condemn the Fed’s actions, it simply illuminated them. The GAO also recommended that the Fed make clearer and more rigorous its policies for hiring independent contractors to manage investment programs.”

Old 07-26-2012, 09:26 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,934,013 times
Quote:
Can you elaborate because it doesn't make sense to me? The Fed is engaging in expansionary policies that have helped keep deflation and depression at bay.

And what does this bill, H.R. 459, do exactly, besides audit the Fed? What is R. Paul trying to find?
In a word: Transparency.

Clue: see post #20

What is your problem with that exactly?

reposted from #69 http://oversight.house.gov/wp-conten...-on-HR-459.pdf

Old 07-26-2012, 09:40 AM

15,089 posts, read 8,634,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Reid isn't my Senator, so I don't write him. I do write my congerssmen (now in a different state, home thank goodness), and urge them to support such legislation. If you are in Nevada, I urge you to urge him to do so.

But all I hear is "well Republicans passed a budget" and "Well Republicans passed a fed audit", but a fed audit isn't going to fix the economy. And the budgets they are passing wouldn't either.

So, how about something that works. Its like running around saying the Titanic is sinking while you're on it, and instead of building life vests and trying to figure out a way of building life boats, you're throwing golf balls at the hole in the ship.

Then when it sinks you say "well I tried something". Yeah, but it was a stupid thing to try with no hope of saving anything.

I agree, and I've written him saying he should push for it. How about addressing the fact that Republicans are spending mine and your tax payer money on things like this, that won't fix our economy.

For people who are using the Clinton motto of "Its the economy stupid", Republicans sure aren't doing anything to actually fix it.
Look .... it's right there, in your face. The Democrat Leader of the Senate says F-U to the American people. Obama, a wall street shill, received more campaign finance money from the banker gangsters than any Presidential candidate in US history ... and not surprisingly, responded by filling his administration with more banker gangsters than any president in US history ... and not surprisingly, there has been more wealth stolen from the American people by the banker gangsters during Obama's term in office than any other presidential administration in US history. All of which is purely coincidental, I suppose? And that sad fact has been exposed by a very limited audit ... the true depth of the theft has yet to be revealed, which is why these CRIMINALS are blocking such a comprehensive audit.

Now I don't expect much from Romney, as he is just another mega-millionaire globalist himself ....but the facts are, because Obama represents such a disaster for America, as does his liberal progressive base ... in this rare instance, the lessor of two evils (a philosophy I normally reject) seems to be our only alternative. We already know that things couldn't get much worse .... so Romney may not represent a fix, but he may represent a "buying of time" to slow down this train wreck.

Old 07-26-2012, 09:44 AM

36 posts, read 21,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
Look .... it's right there, in your face. The Democrat Leader of the Senate says F-U to the American people. Obama, a wall street shill, received more campaign finance money from the banker gangsters than any Presidential candidate in US history ... and not surprisingly, responded by filling his administration with more banker gangsters than any president in US history ... and not surprisingly, there has been more wealth stolen from the American people by the banker gangsters during Obama's term in office than any other presidential administration in US history. All of which is purely coincidental, I suppose? And that sad fact has been exposed by a very limited audit ... the true depth of the theft has yet to be revealed, which is why these CRIMINALS are blocking such a comprehensive audit.

Now I don't expect much from Romney, as he is just another mega-millionaire globalist himself ....but the facts are, because Obama represents such a disaster for America, as does his liberal progressive base ... in this rare instance, the lessor of two evils (a philosophy I normally reject) seems to be our only alternative. We already know that things couldn't get much worse .... so Romney may not represent a fix, but he may represent a "buying of time" to slow down this train wreck.
It won't change under Romney. It would just be passing the baton. He's backed by the same banksters that support Obama. Ron Paul is the last hope.

Old 07-26-2012, 09:45 AM

Quote:
What does that have to do with R. Paul's bill? The GAO already audited the Fed about that: http://sanders.senate.gov/imo/media/...estigation.pdf

According to The Washington Post, “The GAO report did not condemn the Fed’s actions, it simply illuminated them. The GAO also recommended that the Fed make clearer and more rigorous its policies for hiring independent contractors to manage investment programs.”
Turn off your TV ... and stop getting all of your "information" from federalreserve.com

Old 07-26-2012, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggressive Perfector View Post
It won't change under Romney. It would just be passing the baton. He's backed by the same banksters that support Obama. Ron Paul is the last hope.
No, it won't. And I think I mentioned that. But the difference is, a large segment of the liberal progressive base actually supports and defends these democrat financial terrorists, while Romney might need to temper his behavior a bit, and throw a few bones to the conservative base, hence, slowing this thing down.

Ron Paul has nothing to do with anything at this stage. He's already conceded, and his damned Son has already endorsed Romney. What part of this news memo did you not receive?

I was particularly upset about Rand Paul's behavior regarding this, until I thought it through carefully ... and I believe that Rand was simply acknowledging the fact that the Republicans were NEVER going to allow his father the nomination, no matter what. So, rather than split the republicans, which would literally hand the election to Obama, he made the strategic decision to do what is necessary to get Obama out of there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies