Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2012, 11:34 PM

1,710 posts, read 3,138,473 times

Advertisements

Might as well just issue that kid his MS Department of Corrections inmate # now, there's no fixing him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2012, 11:43 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,040,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
This boy has some issues
I don't means this as an attack on your measured comment but I have to say... issues that's one hell of an understatement.

Old 07-25-2012, 11:57 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,153,979 times
The nine year old needs to be placed in a facility of some sort. Either he is mentally defective and needs specialized treatment or he is being violently raised and needs to be removed from the situation. Either way he is a budding sociopath and intervention is needed for his and society's sake. Sadly, it may already be to late to do any good.

Old 07-26-2012, 12:01 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,288,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
The nine year old needs to be placed in a facility of some sort. Either he is mentally defective and needs specialized treatment or he is being violently raised and needs to be removed from the situation. Either way he is a budding sociopath and intervention is needed for his and society's sake. Sadly, it may already be to late to do any good.
Did you hear the comment by the family? They called him a "normal" boy.

You know that's a dysfunctional household.

Maybe, and this is a big maybe, if you get a decent family with enough resources to adopt him, this kid might have a fighting chance.

Otherwise he'll be in jail by the time he's 21

Old 07-26-2012, 12:12 AM

3,353 posts, read 6,439,741 times
Its sad to see children grow up that way. From my assumptions he never has had any true punishment, probably a lot of spankings that were unjustified, or even the the opposite no spankings, his parents (most likely just his mother because I don't think his father is in his life) don't care about him much, and he probably will be in a gang within a few years. As a African-American from Baltimore I've seen his story far too much. There are thousands if not millions of children just like him that may have potential to be something greater than a child abuser especially at age 9. Show the child love, show him he can be something instead of depending welfare for the rest of his life, and etc. but I believe the exact opposite is happening in his home.

Old 07-26-2012, 05:49 AM

10,125 posts, read 13,983,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Did you hear the comment by the family? They called him a "normal" boy.

You know that's a dysfunctional household.

Maybe, and this is a big maybe, if you get a decent family with enough resources to adopt him, this kid might have a fighting chance.

Otherwise he'll be in jail by the time he's 21
Bingo! And there's a good chance that he's emulating what he sees at home. It's possible that he could be getting abused and the fact that his family thinks it's normal and that he just needs medicine shows me that they are clueless.

Old 07-26-2012, 05:51 AM

10,125 posts, read 13,983,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt. Buzzcut View Post
Might as well just issue that kid his MS Department of Corrections inmate # now, there's no fixing him.
That's the same attitude in this country is why you have kids who go around killing innocent people. If they feel as though no one thinks much of them, they aren't going to think much of themselves and that could very well be the child that robs/kills you.

Old 07-26-2012, 08:03 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,934,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
I don't means this as an attack on your measured comment but I have to say... issues that's one hell of an understatement.
I could have elaborated more, but I'm sure you get what I'm saying.........Yes, he has defiant problems that better be addressed or he's heading for a world of crime and abusing women.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies