Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2012, 02:06 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,003,124 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Allen 242 View Post
That you don't by choice does not preclude you the possibility of one day doing so. The ADA gaurantees everyone that right given reasonable accommodation. A couple cent part on the part of a multinational corp is a much more reasonable accommodation than a $15k swimming pool lift.

Lol, I'm not but possibly some in this thread could benefit from such customer interactions.
Paying in cash, hitting the credit button or writing a check sounds reasonable to me. I guess I'm crazy though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2012, 02:09 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,270,899 times
Sorry to answer in two posts:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post

Here ya go..check writing shelves:
pa_pos_equip_story | PanOston.com156
and what prevents Walmart from being proactive and installing similar fixtures for their credit card reader machines on their checkout counters for the disabled to use?

Quote:
They are a mfg of supermarket/retail equipment..buy your pieces and put them together.
www.panoston.com

don't see anything that is exactly like Walmart's counters. And again, what prevents walmart from proactively installing fixtures to their counters that would make it easy accessible for a disabled person to use?

Old 07-26-2012, 02:09 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,238,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Who is perfect? What is wealthy? No what is amazing is folks who take advantage of the system and the same folks who support them in their actions when in the end they are stealing from YOU. Amazing how ignorant some people are too.
Sir you are a real crash. So much with the hateful argument.

Old 07-26-2012, 02:10 PM

7,150 posts, read 10,897,373 times
Quote:
Paying in cash, hitting the credit button or writing a check sounds reasonable to me. I guess I'm crazy though.
Concur. Roger that.

Old 07-26-2012, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nullgeo View Post
As a combat veteran with multiple disabilities incurred in the line of duty, and married to a woman profoundly disabled since birth, I'd like to ask how do you determine who is "leeching off frivolous lawsuits by crooked lawyers"? How do you, a person with clearly not the slightest grasp of disability issues and realities present yourself as an expert in what is frivolous in regard to disabilities?

I note in other posts you protest how these issues affect "*[your]* money" ... I don't protest my sacrifice on behalf of *your* citizen welfare ... but you knock yourself out there "Chief".
I determined this to be one because as I mentioned there is nothing unreasonable about paying with a check or cash. It is MY money because the costs of the lawsuit are passed on to the consumer. I never presented myself as an expert where did you get that from? I must sound pretty smart on here I guess. lol

Old 07-26-2012, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Sir you are a real crash. So much with the hateful argument.
Nothing hateful about my argument. Your plane crash picture is pretty sad too. Try harder next time and maybe I'll give you a rep point at least.

Old 07-26-2012, 02:13 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,270,899 times
Quote:
I determined this to be one because as I mentioned there is nothing unreasonable about paying with a check or cash.
How about the freedom to choose the form of payment I would like to use? It's none of your business whether I use check, credit card, cash, debit card, or gift card to pay for items.

what I do expect that retailers be willing to ACCEPT my form of payment and make it reasonable and easy for me to do so.

Quote:
It is MY money because the costs of the lawsuit are passed on to the consumer. I never presented myself as an expert where did you get that from? I must sound pretty smart on here I guess. lol
A $20 fixture attachment is a nominal cost to a corporation that earns $20 in less than 30 seconds.

Old 07-26-2012, 02:13 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
From the OP link..sounds more like these 2 people have a personal grudge against Walmart.
Not only do they want the machines in Walmart, they also want unspecified damages paid to them.

From the OP link (bold is mine):
The lawsuit, which attorneys say is the first of its kind, seeks unspecified damages and the installation of accessible payment machines at the company's California stores.

Hard-to-reach credit-card readers are common at retail stores throughout the world, but disability advocates say they are launching their campaign to change that by targeting Wal-Mart, said Arlene Mayerson, directing attorney at the Disability Rights Education & Defense Fund.

Old 07-26-2012, 02:14 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,238,044 times
Quote:
Nothing hateful about my argument. Your plane crash picture is pretty sad too. Try harder next time and maybe I'll give you a rep point at least.
Surely you have removed all the mirror from your house.

Old 07-26-2012, 02:15 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
How about the freedom to choose the form of payment I would like to use? It's none of your business whether I use check, credit card, cash, debit card, or gift card to pay for items.

what I do expect that retailers be willing to ACCEPT my form of payment and make it reasonable and easy for me to do so.

A $20 fixture attachment is a nominal cost to a corporation that earns $20 in less than 30 seconds.
Well then take a Saturday off and go install them in all the Walmart's across California.
Disabled folks will thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies