Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2012, 10:08 PM

5,190 posts, read 4,839,638 times

Advertisements

Ephesians 5:31

31 o“Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and hold fast to his wife, and pthe two shall become one flesh.”

how can anyone not possibly see the relevance of this passage?

it means only man and woman can marry.

not the abomination of man and man.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2012, 10:10 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,211,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth-Kaunda View Post
it's not possible for anyone to be sin free, but one can at least try as hard as possible, especially with sexual immorality.

and as for SSM, there is no justification for it in a religious sense.
It's a good thing that our laws do not need religious justification.

Old 08-23-2012, 11:44 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,776,567 times
Quote:
Fiyero: What do you think Paul and Jesus would have to say about the idea of same-sex marriage?

I think that is the key issue here.
Since Paul said the majority of humanity was not blessed with the gift of celibacy, I think Paul, knowing what we know today would have no choice but to support it based on his beliefs regarding marriage and celibacy.

Seeing as Jesus pushed love and compassion above religious legalism and rules, I don't see why he would care. Only mere mortals would make a transcendent, spiritual, supreme being care so much about what gender someone falls in love with. That's a human issue, not a divine one.

"You can safely assume you've created God in your own image when it turns out he hates all the same people you do." - Anne Lamott

The "Anti-gay god" is a fabrication of religious extremists, as they created him in their image. They despise gays and can't understand it, therefore they project their beliefs on God's believes. There are even scientific studies showing this phenomenon.

Old 08-23-2012, 11:46 PM

Quote:
it's not possible for anyone to be sin free, but one can at least try as hard as possible, especially with sexual immorality.

and as for SSM, there is no justification for it in a religious sense.
Why do you place sexual immorality above other sins? Jesus doesn't make that distinction. Jesus said nothing on this subject in fact.

The sins Jesus did discuss, are committed the most by those claiming they are the most devout Christians.

Old 08-23-2012, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
What do you mean by "support?" That's what I never understood. What am I supporting when it comes to LGBT? Do people like you mean letting them live their lives? Because if that is what you mean then I think the majority of us heterosexual people DO allow LGBT people live their lives. Are we going to be marching for them? Not I and yes, my religious beliefs do have something to do with that.
Your incorrect religious beliefs are the main reason gays have been so mistreated in this country for so long. That's why gay rights are so much father ahead in 1st world countries where religious conservatism is not so dominate.

Old 08-23-2012, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Ephesians 5:31

31 o“Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and hold fast to his wife, and pthe two shall become one flesh.”

how can anyone not possibly see the relevance of this passage?

it means only man and woman can marry.

not the abomination of man and man.

Where does that statement say ONLY a man and woman can marry? 95% of the audience that verse was directed to would naturally marry the opposite sex. The Bible does not deal with unknown minorities and exceptions. That verse doesn't say what to do with intersex people either. Who can a person who is both male and female marry?

You claim you want to learn more about this subject, and then you make stupid comments like calling it an abomination, and ignoring everyone who tells you your views are 100% factually wrong. If this is the tactic you intend to employ, let me know so I can put you on ignore.

Old 08-24-2012, 12:39 AM

5,190 posts, read 4,839,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
The "Anti-gay god" is a fabrication of religious extremists, as they created him in their image. They despise gays and can't understand it, therefore they project their beliefs on God's believes. There are even scientific studies showing this phenomenon.
some people may think like that, but I oppose SSM because (amongst other reasons), it clearly goes against scripture.

that does not make me anit-gay though - surely you can agree here?

but one thing that does annoy me, is when people try to fit SSM into the theology by playing the heavy-handed semantics game.

it can't be made to fit so why not just drop it, ie: the idea of SSM within Christianity
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies