Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2012, 09:03 AM

9,394 posts, read 15,690,230 times

Advertisements

First off, big ups to lifelongMOgal for posting this in the Chick-fil-A thread:

Rahm welcomes help from Farrakahn, ignores anti-Semitic remarks - Chicago Sun-Times

The Rahmbomb recently enlisted the head of the Nation of Islam to help police the streets since apparently CPD ain't up to the task. This is the same Rahm who is blocking Chick-fil-A from expanding in Chicago because of their anti-gay marriage stance. He claims that their CEO's position is against Chicago values, which in turn means that Chicago values are pro gay marriage.

Fine by me, I support gay marriage 100%. But here's where it gets comical, like some stuff you'd expect in a satire about politics but not in real life. Alas, Chicago is a living satire.

Louis Farrakhan and the NOI adamantly oppose gay marriage on the same religious grounds as Chick-fil-A's CEO, albeit through their interpretation of Islam rather than Christianity:

Louis Farrakhan Critiques Obama's Gay Marriage Endorsement

I'm guessing that ol' Louis and his gang of radicals are a little deeper in Rahmbo's pockets than Chick-fil-A, hence the turning of a blind eye.

Oh Chicago!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2012, 09:09 AM

5,821 posts, read 5,302,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
First off, big ups to lifelongMOgal for posting this in the Chick-fil-A thread:

Rahm welcomes help from Farrakahn, ignores anti-Semitic remarks - Chicago Sun-Times

The Rahmbomb recently enlisted the head of the Nation of Islam to help police the streets since apparently CPD ain't up to the task. This is the same Rahm who is blocking Chick-fil-A from expanding in Chicago because of their anti-gay marriage stance. He claims that their CEO's position is against Chicago values, which in turn means that Chicago values are pro gay marriage.

Fine by me, I support gay marriage 100%. But here's where it gets comical, like some stuff you'd expect in a satire about politics but not in real life. Alas, Chicago is a living satire.

Louis Farrakhan and the NOI adamantly oppose gay marriage on the same religious grounds as Chick-fil-A's CEO, albeit through their interpretation of Islam rather than Christianity:

Louis Farrakhan Critiques Obama's Gay Marriage Endorsement

I'm guessing that ol' Louis and his gang of radicals are a little deeper in Rahmbo's pockets than Chick-fil-A, hence the turning of a blind eye.

Oh Chicago!
I guess Rahm is just anti-Christian and/or anti-white? ''Oh, what tangled web we weave,
When first we practise to deceive!''

Old 07-26-2012, 09:12 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
The left is not known for being consistent.

Old 07-26-2012, 09:13 AM

9,394 posts, read 15,690,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
I guess Rahm is just anti-Christian and/or anti-white? ''Oh, what tangled web we weave,
When first we practise to deceive!''
He himself is Jewish so I doubt that he's anti-white or anti-Christian. He's just a man who sees securing votes as more important than being consistent with his morals. There aren't enough conservatives in Chicago for him to risk losing votes by opposing Chick-fil-A. Whereas if he distanced himself from the NOI, it could bite him in the ass later.

Old 07-26-2012, 12:41 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,074,302 times
Politics is, after all, the art of the possible. This is something the American right wing has forgotten, accounting in no small measure for the rigid impotence of the current congress.

Old 07-26-2012, 12:49 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,440,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Boy is this an understatement!

Old 07-26-2012, 12:53 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,542,421 times
thee hypocrisy, it amuses.

Old 07-26-2012, 12:53 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,373,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
And the right, with 'flip-flop' Mitt at the helm, is?

Old 07-26-2012, 12:55 PM

78,366 posts, read 60,566,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
He himself is Jewish so I doubt that he's anti-white or anti-Christian. He's just a man who sees securing votes as more important than being consistent with his morals. There aren't enough conservatives in Chicago for him to risk losing votes by opposing Chick-fil-A. Whereas if he distanced himself from the NOI, it could bite him in the ass later.
By allowing the NOI to do thier thing he's getting some of the heat off of himself for the cities decades old racist policy of just cooping up the poor in dead-end neighborhoods and letting them police themselves.

You guys also are giving Rahm wayyyyy too much credit.

He's probably keeping Chick F out because a bunch of alderman and their rich backers have rival food franchises and they don't want the competition.

They kept wallmart out forever with excuses of helping the people but in reality they were helping their cronies keep their monopoly on overpriced groceries etc. All under the lie of standing up against big evil wallmart.

Old 07-26-2012, 01:04 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
This is of course how politics are done in Chicago. I certainly hope that those here have more backbone, scruples and decency than Rahm.

Though compared to Rahm that could be describing a turd.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies