Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2012, 05:15 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,934,462 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Childfree35 View Post
Yes, it did.

He's hot!

He served his time. How long should society condemn him? Really, how long. I thought the purpose of prison was to rehab individuals. I guess not.
What has he done to show he's got remorse for electrocuting dogs and torturing them for losing??

Some hot dude, picks on things that can't defend their selves.......... He needs to go away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2012, 05:37 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,832,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Guess some women don't care that habitual animal abuse is a good indicator of sociopathy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Must agree.........after how they described the abuse how could anyone see sexy in this guy. It was way beyond kicking a dog.

Who knows it might take one (dog abuser) to like one!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
What has he done to show he's got remorse for electrocuting dogs and torturing them for losing??

Some hot dude, picks on things that can't defend their selves.......... He needs to go away.
you people might want to take a fresh look at michael vick since he got out of prison. read this;

Quote:
"But at the same time, I think I made a lot of changes for the better and I think in my quest to be an advocate against dogfighting and working with the Humane Society, I've helped more animals than I've hurt."[LEFT]Read more at Michael Vick Thanks God for Helping Him Overcome Dog Fighting Disgrace (VIDEO)
[/LEFT]
from this link;

Michael Vick Thanks God for Helping Him Overcome Dog Fighting Disgrace (VIDEO)

people can change given the chance.

Old 07-28-2012, 09:08 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,926,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
you people might want to take a fresh look at michael vick since he got out of prison. read this;

from this link;

Michael Vick Thanks God for Helping Him Overcome Dog Fighting Disgrace (VIDEO)

people can change given the chance.
Sorry, not that gullible. He was upset that his girls couldn't have a dog in the home and thought his punishment was unfair.

Would you like to buy a bridge?

Old 07-28-2012, 09:31 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,934,462 times
I haven't seen him in any ads advocating to stop pit bull fighting.......have to say him being a spoke person for the humane society(that's if he is) is like Pam Anderson being spoke person for PETA, neither no anything about man's best friend.

People can change, but he seemed to just want his name cleared and has shown no remorse for what he did. After all he claimed the gruesome act on his culture...........read below he's a professional liar........

Vick Admits To Being More Dedicated To Fighting Dogs Than Playbook In New Book

In excerpts of his book Finally Free , Vick wrote that "Back when I was involved in those activities, I may have become more dedicated to the deep study of dogs than I was to my Falcons playbook. I became better at reading dogs than reading defenses. That's just so sad to say right now, because I put more time and effort into trying to master that pursuit than my own profession ... which was my livelihood ... which put food on the table for my family."

Vick compounded matters by lying to commissioner Roger Goodell, who has been known to levy stiffer punishments to players who aren't straight with him.

"I knew how to lie with a straight face," Vick wrote. "Sad to say, Commissioner Goodell bought into what I was saying, and I think he truly believed me that I was telling the truth. I deeply regret not telling him the truth from the outset.

"It was a very nervous time for me. I knew I was going to try to lie my way through the whole dogfighting case and see if money, good lawyers, and manipulating the system could get me out of the position I was in -- which was a terrible position."

Old 07-29-2012, 09:50 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,832,973 times
Quote:
Sorry, not that gullible. He was upset that his girls couldn't have a dog in the home and thought his punishment was unfair.

Would you like to buy a bridge?
and yet he is still abiding by that restriction put on him by the NFL. all i am saying is at least give the guy some credit for changing his life. you may still not like him, that is your prerogative, but he is at least trying.

Old 07-29-2012, 03:59 PM

2,652 posts, read 4,797,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
and yet he is still abiding by that restriction put on him by the NFL. all i am saying is at least give the guy some credit for changing his life. you may still not like him, that is your prerogative, but he is at least trying.
He prefending a home and bet on dogfighting. Did he know the killing was occuring...yes. He didn't kill any dogs...I don't know. I know he's rehabbed.

The same people hating him for dogfighting. Are the same people going to the circus every year. You know Ringling Bros harm those animals. You take your brat every Easter tho. *side eye*

Last edited by CaseyB; 07-29-2012 at 05:21 PM.. Reason: language

Old 07-29-2012, 04:21 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,926,416 times
Quote:
He prefending a home and bet on dogfighting. Did he know the killing was occuring...yes. He didn't kill any dogs...I don't know. I know he's rehabbed. Some of you guys should stop riding his perky.

The same people hating him for dogfighting. Are the same people going to the circus every year. You know Ringling Bros harm those animals. You take your brat every Easter tho. *side eye*
http://www.examiner.com/article/michael-vick-released-time-to-remember-what-vick-actually-did-to-dogs

Quote:
Michael Vick didn't make a mistake. He didn't "make a bad choice." Over a period of five years he forced dogs into deadly fights, and he personally killed, or conspired to kill, thirteen dogs. He didn't pick a quick, painless method of killing, but instead chose a variety of means that qualify as torture. Pit Bulls are powerful dogs. Imagine how hard you would have to work to kill a Pit Bull by forcibly drowning him.
Quote:
A man who can look a dog in the face and deliberately pick the most brutal and prolonged way of killing that dog, for nothing more than being insufficiently vicious – I think most people could reasonably wonder if such a man could ever genuinely be rehabilitated.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIkfYzJaWNw

E: 60 Vicktims--Michael Vick's Dogs - YouTube

That our POTUS would choose to affiliate himself or his remarks to this convicted dog abuser show his own poor judgement lack of character IMO. Just another example of the scum of humanity with whom Obama chooses to surrounds himself.

As to your vulgar comment. Grow up.

Last edited by lifelongMOgal; 07-29-2012 at 04:33 PM.. Reason: link added

Old 07-29-2012, 04:31 PM

2,418 posts, read 2,035,924 times
Quote:
He prefending a home and bet on dogfighting. Did he know the killing was occuring...yes. He didn't kill any dogs...I don't know. I know he's rehabbed.

Actually, no, I don't attend RBBB circuses. I'm not a fan of how the majority of animal-based entertainment corporations treat their animals. That aside, their crap doesn't come close to the s**t Vick meted out to his dogs. A few evidence photos from his trial made public are just plain horrifying. His hands are bloody...but look at it any way you like.

Last edited by CaseyB; 07-29-2012 at 05:22 PM..

Old 07-30-2012, 04:38 PM

2,652 posts, read 4,797,363 times
Quote:
That our POTUS would choose to affiliate himself or his remarks to this convicted dog abuser show his own poor judgement lack of character IMO. Just another example of the scum of humanity with whom Obama chooses to surrounds himself.

As to your vulgar comment. Grow up.
Like I said, attending the annual Circus, Rodeos, Bull fights for entertainment....don't bother me.

Oh, that's right. A dog is man's best friend. *shrugs*

Hypocrite!

Old 07-30-2012, 07:11 PM

2,418 posts, read 2,035,924 times
Quote:

Oh, that's right. A dog is man's best friend. *shrugs*
Well maybe for most men. For Vick and his "hot" cohorts, a dog is practice for the real fun: you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies