Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2012, 12:27 PM

707 posts, read 687,420 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozzferrahhtoo View Post
Now you are just outright lying. It is right there in your OP. The first post in the thread. For all to see.

That was not you saying "only that I have never heard it said". That was you, outright in black and white, saying no one says it. And now here you are claiming never to have said that.

I replied to that saying that yes we do indeed say it all the time and you are just ducking, dodging, back pedaling and now lying rather than simply admit you were wrong to say it.
That was meant more as an expression. It is not meant to be taken so literally. Maybe you just take things too seriously.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2012, 12:29 PM

707 posts, read 687,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozzferrahhtoo View Post
Now you are just outright lying. It is right there in your OP. The first post in the thread. For all to see.

That was not you saying "only that I have never heard it said". That was you, outright in black and white, saying no one says it. And now here you are claiming never to have said that.

I replied to that saying that yes we do indeed say it all the time and you are just ducking, dodging, back pedaling and now lying rather than simply admit you were wrong to say it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
You're being ridiculous. No one says "he or she at too many hamburgers". If you want to take the time to dispute that, where's your proof? You are playing gotcha for no reason. What's your problem?
Some people just want to argue. Even about death. Very sad.

Old 08-14-2012, 01:19 AM

7,801 posts, read 6,373,852 times
Quote:
You're being ridiculous. No one says "he or she at too many hamburgers". If you want to take the time to dispute that, where's your proof? You are playing gotcha for no reason. What's your problem?
It is a discussion forum and I am merely pointing out how and why the OPs claim was wrong. That is how a discussion forum works. Rather than say "Oh yes I see your point" however the OP has engaged in ducking, dodging, back pedaling and even now outright lying. That is not really conducive to open discourse and the "problem" does not lie with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vansdad View Post
That was meant more as an expression. It is not meant to be taken so literally. Maybe you just take things too seriously.
I can only take you to mean what you say you mean. I am not inside your head and can not decide between cases where "X means X" and "X means Y". I can only take it to mean what you say. IF it was not meant to be taken literally you could have said that from the very first reply I sent you. Instead you dodged for awhile, then back pedaled, then outright lied, and now are back pedaling again.

Maybe next time when you say something and someone rebufs it you can, from the OUTSET say "Oh actually I did not mean it that way, it was just a figure of speech, what I actually meant was.....". You did not do this however. In post #1 you made a claim, in post #71 I explained why the claim was wrong, and from then on you never said what you just said here but defended the claim based on lack of personal anecdote and nothing else, before then outright lying and saying you never made the claim at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vansdad View Post
Some people just want to argue. Even about death. Very sad.
Well I am not about to apologize for having a discussion on a discussion forum. If you never want to be disagreed with then I question the wisdom of being on a discussion and debate forum in the first place. Especially if you are going to back pedal and even lie whenever something you say is debunked or contradicted.

Old 08-14-2012, 09:17 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Ya think? I've met a lot of "No ones", then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies