Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2012, 11:11 AM

5,787 posts, read 4,713,608 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
I NEVER said that Jerusalem was not the capital of Israel.

I said that the international community (that something--all the countries outside of Israel would be the international community--nothing to do with the UN) do not recognize Jerusalem as the capital of Israel.

No, you only said:

Quote:
This was a "gotcha!" question, because there is no right answer.
Actually there IS a right answer....according to US LAW which the last time I checked Obama is SWORN to UPHOLD.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2012, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Oooooh, Republican Jews are planning on voting for Republicans. That's news, in jt800land. Because the majority of Jewish voters aren't Republican Jews. You did know that little factoid?

You obviously didn't bother to actually watch the video because the man states quite CLEARLY that he's a DEMOCRAT and he's NEVER VOTED REPUBLICAN in his LIFE.

Please, don't allow the FACTS to interrupt your moonbattery!!

Old 07-27-2012, 11:15 AM

2,548 posts, read 2,162,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jt800 View Post
You obviously didn't bother to actually watch the video because the man states quite CLEARLY that he's a DEMOCRAT and he's NEVER VOTED REPUBLICAN in his LIFE.

moonbattery would be believing anything you hear on youtube.

Old 07-27-2012, 11:16 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
Obama's press secretary knows that internationally (and that would include the United States), no capital of Israel has been recognized. The Brits don't recognize Jerusalem as Israel's capital. The Russians don't recognize Jerusalem as Israel's capital. The Australians don't recognize Jerusalem as Israel's capital. The Chinese don't recognize Jerusalem as Israel's capital. The Jordanians certainly don't recognize Jerusalem as Israel's capital. The Brazilians don't recognize Jerusalem as Israel's capital. No country other than Israel recognizes Jerusalem as Israel's capital. And that is why there are no foreign embassies in Jerusalem. Because there has been a long-standing dispute about how Israel acquired all of Jerusalem. And diplomatically, the United States, along with the rest of the international community, chooses to remain neutral on the issue. Which is why Obama's press secretary didn't fall for the trick question, and simply alluded to the fact that our policy regarding the capital remains unchanged.

And yet, you seemed to be able to answer the question.

Old 07-27-2012, 11:17 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,861,612 times
Quote:
No, you only said:

Actually there IS a right answer....according to US LAW which the last time I checked Obama is SWORN to UPHOLD.
Yeppers, and Obama, like Clinton and Bush, is upholding US LAW. The division of powers between the three branches, as stated in the US Constitution--you know, the foundation of all law in the United States. When Congress infringes on another branch's powers, the other branch IGNORES it. That's all the branch has to do. And if Congress thinks it has a leg to stand on, they can sue to force the other branch to comply. And if Congress knows it doesn't have a leg to stand on, they don't do anything. The Constitution of the United States doesn't give Congress the power to recognize foreign capitals. That pesky Constitution trumps the lipservice legislation.

And, my darling, I've said much more than one post. You should know, you keep trying to argue with me.

Last edited by DC at the Ridge; 07-27-2012 at 11:25 AM..

Old 07-27-2012, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frugality View Post
moonbattery would be believing anything you hear on youtube.

Ahhhhh...so since the Jewish group's ad is posted on YouTube, it's all lies?

Is THAT your position?

I guess THIS is a lie too in YOUR WORLD?????:

Old 07-27-2012, 11:18 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
REALLY????

What do you have to back-up that blanket statement?
In Poll, Jewish Voters Overwhelmingly Support Obama

In Poll, Jewish Voters Overwhelmingly Support Obama - NYTimes.com Internet Security&version=19.1.0.28&layout=OEM30&partner=To shiba Ams(30)&ispid=&sitename=&actstat=not activated&substatus=expired&ncoap=1

Sorry for the broken link. Not sure how to fix it.

Old 07-27-2012, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
And yet, you seemed to be able to answer the question.
Carney wasn't there to give a lesson in history and diplomacy. Especially when none was needed. All the reporters present are well aware of the situation regarding Jerusalem. You don't cover the Middle East without being aware of it. The question was intended as a "gotcha" question, if Carney answered, "Jerusalem", it would have created a diplomatic nightmare, if Carney answered, "Tel Aviv", it would create a diplomatic nightmare. If Carney started to give an extended explanation, it opens the door to more questions. The proper thing to do is to simply assert that US policy regarding that question remains unchanged.

Old 07-27-2012, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Yeppers, and Obama, like Clinton and Bush, is upholding US LAW. The division of powers between the three branches, as stated in the US Constitution--you know, the foundation of all law in the United States. When Congress infringes on another branches powers, the other branch IGNORES it. That's all the branch has to do. And if Congress thinks it has a leg to stand on, they can sue to force the other branch to comply. And if Congress knows it doesn't have a leg to stand on, they don't do anything. The Constitution of the United States doesn't give Congress the power to recognize foreign capitals. That pesky Constitution trumps the lipservice legislation.

And, my darling, I've said much more than one post. You should know, you keep trying to argue with me.

So that's why the DOMA signed into law by Bill Clinton gets IGNORED by Obama....because US Law means nothing even though he swore an oath to uphold ALL those laws.

Also.....if it's just a "gotcha" question as you say, then why do so many other reporters in the room demand that he answer it? It certainly isn't JUST ME wondering why he cannot answer it.

Not being able to say that Jerusalem is the capital of Israel (along with many other things) just cements that Obama is no friend to Israel.

THAT my friend is the POINT.

Old 07-27-2012, 11:24 AM

Quote:

Doesn't matter. It's an AD by REPUBLICAN JEWS!!!!

Do you think a REPUBLICAN partisan group is going to air an ad saying anything about supporting Democrats?

Really???

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies