Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2012, 08:36 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,351,670 times

Advertisements

Childish words used by childish people, that sums it up. Everyone has an opinion, likes and dislikes, that's all there is to it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2012, 01:02 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,782,788 times
Default Legislation is NOT free therapy!!! It's VERY EXPENSIVE Dr Demento therapy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
Childish words used by childish people, that sums it up. Everyone has an opinion, likes and dislikes, that's all there is to it.
No those words far exceed childish as if there were innocence behind them. Do you so hate pistachio ice cream to such an irrational extreme that you bomb the supermarkets that carry it? Have you made it your lifes work to annihilate the existence of another group of people you don't even know and never bothered to learn anything truthful about? Should grown adults out of control with their own issues be permitted to bully gay children to the point where they're committing suicide?

I had mentioned boundary issues much abused earlier. Everyone has an opinion, qualified with facts or not. That's true. What people are animating themselves to do with that opinion is where it goes wrong. This world does not exist to please me. I do not demand every human being walking past me entertain me or cater to my personal tastes. THAT would be childish of me, and ultimately, yields a sterile Truman show community. When I take it upon myself to petition the law and acquire legislated demands on others, it's oppression of others for what credible justification? Should a whole town, state, or nation be obliged to compensate for my intellectual lack, or my aversion to having therapy applied to myself? How far should all have to go to accommodate a town drunk?

If we're all to be held responsible for our own selves IAW law, we must all have control over ourselves to the utmost of our capacity. When people rob us of any ounce of autonomy it had better be for a good reason. We all make sacrifices to make civilization work. We sit still at traffic lights and stand on annoying lines at the super market. It beats the pants off taking a week of walking to get to work, or maintaining a full blown farm in 5 different growing regions to keep fresh food in the house all year round. It's still my choice to grow it myself and/or walk to work. No one needs to legislate in either direction when people solving it for themselves by voting with free market is often effective. It only becomes an issue when they're unwittingly involved in self destructive behavior, but we've got free speech to raise our concerns amongst ourselves for the sake of the greater good.

People who are so intolerant of multi culturalism and freedom of choices are free to do as Amish have done and create gated communities for themselves. If they choose to subject themselves to 5,000 pages of ordinances prohibiting purple paint on their neighbors house etc etc, I choose not to live there and I do not want legislation prohibiting them from their self determined existence no matter how anal retentive I feel they are. It becomes a cat of another stripe when it is they imposing their 5,000 pages of ordinances universally to all of free society. This behavior is reliably an attempt to control others to serve themselves at the expense of all others (and the greater good). It's an abuse of the law.

Judgments are irrelevant to the world save for the world you've put yourself in the business of creating for yourself. Discernment is good. Advice from my very wise grandmother long ago- "just because you can do a thing doesn't mean you should". If you can't handle gays, don't invite them to dinner. If you don't like donuts, don't buy them. If free society is too big and scary for you to get along in, stay home, or get therapy. If you hate book x, y, or z, don't read it. If your notion of greater good is so different than what others believe is the greater good, serve your notion of greater good to your utmost and excuse yourself from the rest. Conscientious objection clauses exist for a reason, but not to be abused to undermine the work of all others.

Old 07-29-2012, 01:24 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,782,788 times
selrahC just posted on my wall:
Quote:
I will be stalking your posts from now on.
Looks like CD has it's very own Zimmerman!

Can you imagine someone has no life at all, no creative ability, and no intention of serving any version of greater good to the point where they abuse freedom to prey on anyone?

Whose job is it to stalk the stalker? ROFL Nope, I'm not calling mods. Leave it right there on my wall as testimony of demented individuals out of control with themselves. It's proven my point that some people are incapable of living up to their freedom and ought not have the right to vote because their 'representation' would manifest as a legislative disease. Not remedy. The legislation most needful has to apply to selahC. Not normal people who refrain from predatory behavior.

Old 07-29-2012, 02:08 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,351,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
No those words far exceed childish as if there were innocence behind them. Do you so hate pistachio ice cream to such an irrational extreme that you bomb the supermarkets that carry it? Have you made it your lifes work to annihilate the existence of another group of people you don't even know and never bothered to learn anything truthful about? Should grown adults out of control with their own issues be permitted to bully gay children to the point where they're committing suicide?

They are just childish names used by childish people who are very paranoid that every one who disagree's or has a different opinion hates them, it's just that simple. Everybody has an opinion and likes and dislikes and just because you don't agree doesn't mean the other person is intolerant or a bigot, it means they have different beliefs than you.

Old 07-29-2012, 05:41 PM

272 posts, read 229,163 times
Quote:
selrahC just posted on my wall:
Looks like CD has it's very own Zimmerman!

Can you imagine someone has no life at all, no creative ability, and no intention of serving any version of greater good to the point where they abuse freedom to prey on anyone?

Whose job is it to stalk the stalker? ROFL Nope, I'm not calling mods. Leave it right there on my wall as testimony of demented individuals out of control with themselves. It's proven my point that some people are incapable of living up to their freedom and ought not have the right to vote because their 'representation' would manifest as a legislative disease. Not remedy. The legislation most needful has to apply to selahC. Not normal people who refrain from predatory behavior.
I hope you're joking... because that statement was actually a compliment. Meaning, I like what you have been posting (even repped you) and would be reading all your future posts.

Hmm. I might have to reconsider that.

Last edited by selrahC; 07-29-2012 at 05:52 PM..

Old 08-02-2012, 08:00 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,835,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
Wow, you sound just like one of the apostles. I read your words and it's like getting the truth and love that comes from the Gospels.
LOL.

Quote:
Then don't practice homosexuality. Then don't get an abortion. Frankly what you do comes across as nothing more than judgmentalism and condemnation. Evangelism is suppose to be rooted in respect, and there is none of that in what you are doing. None.
LOL, judgmentalism andcondemnation, really? I have merely shared the truth. As for respect that is a two way street and for your information Evangelism is spreading the truth no matter who you offend with the truth, there is more respect in sharing the truth than there is in tolerating a lie.

Quote:
Deism.
Actually it was Christianity not Deism you are using rewritten history not facts.

Quote:
And? Do you think that that was productive for the Catholic Church and service to the Lord? Frankly, if you know anything about the Church's history then, you would easily see the way in which power corrupts His love.
Not productive in the least. True power does corrupt, no arguement there. But think of the need for different denominations, they all keep each other in check.

Quote:
Do not do, or be, any of these things IAW your beliefs. Nothing in all of western civilizations secular law forces you to do or be any of these things. Matter of fact, because you have the option to reject them, it is a meaningful choice you've made because a gun wasn't held to your head to make the choice for you. All of the above are not statistically significant in the larger scheme of the majority. What is statistically significant is the violence & persecution aimed at them in the hands of self proclaimed (c)hristians in defiance of scripture.
"You shall know them by their works" and as you can see all of my comments are based on scripture if you think not then show me otherwise.

Quote:
Rather than chase others, you need to see how you've already contradicted yourself. Nothing in the Bible issues you a license to mete out God's wrath (which is the old covenant, not the new) to anyone. You're instructed to not participate and to shun what in your understanding is wrong. Not to put out a rally cry for a hate posse or use legislation to control all others to suit yourself. Unless these people you take issue with are impeding your personal choices or inflicting harm upon you, you have no legitimate grounds for complaint.
Evil thrives when good men(women) do nothing.

Quote:
But the complaint is legitimate when you're obstructing the way or robbing another adults free will. Severing the mental connection between them and the fate they are forging. Taking away their responsibility to accept fully the consequences of their choices naked before God on Judgment day. You'll have to put your faith where it belongs and refrain from standing in Gods way. Romans 12:17- 19, Leviticus 19:18, Hebrews 10:30. When people are saying they don't want or need your help, you need to leave them be and not play God with their lives.
So you want me to hate them so much as to not care that they are driving off a cliff? I am sorry but when I see evil I have to say something even if it is "Go and sin no more." I am not powerful enough to stand in Gods way and deffinitely not powerful enough to play God.

Quote:
Did your behavior and abuse of others earn it?
You'd also be considered a hypocrite if you're throwing stones rather than leading by positive example with your own life choices and offering an open door to those seeking healthier choices. What in the whole of western law or policy prohibits you from offering an open door to better choices?
Behavior and abuse? Are you kidding? Throwing stones? LOL. I share the word of God. I open the door. And all that I do is as lead by God and God does the rest. Sheesh for that matter God does it all and I am merely blest to serve Him in anyway I can.

Quote:
I do not expect a burning bush to sprout up telling me I'm doing something wrong. The practice of Christianity is the willing embrace of self discipline. It's my responsibility to be self aware and police myself using Scripture as a guide for moral choices. Sometimes I ask for advice, but I'm free to accept or reject it because only I will pay for the mistake in judgment. Navigating around the specks and beams in the eyes of people is always work, no matter who you are, or who you're talking to. We do have to forgive each other some flaws because only Jesus was perfect. That's tolerance. Tolerance is not permission to decorate the beam in someones eye (or our own), is it? Or lie that it exists? At the same time, there's more to people than the beam in their eye, so why make yourself blind to all that is there? They are more than the thing you're taking issue over.
I understand what you are saying but do you. I deal with the beams in my eyes and if the speck in anothers eye is similar to the beam in mine, I share my struggle, but if their speck is something I don't struggle with or have overcome I share as well.

Quote:
All of the above came to be... based on primitive Judaic law that evolved through the new covenant. To presume we (individuals, or denominations) have achieved full understanding of that new covenant is hubris. It IS our responsibility to evolve toward that full understanding, but that can't happen so long as you convince yourself you've got all the answers to the meaning of life and can read Gods mind like Ms Cleo. Nobody has that power.
LOL, I am sorry, I am not laughing at you, I by far have not acheived full understanding, no not at all. I leave that to the Holy Spirit who I am confident does have full understanding and leads me in my understanding.

Quote:
The founders were very delicate in their language regarding their "creator" for a reason. Religion was, and continues to be, abused by many. This is something they intentionally rejected when they left Europe. This is also something the Bible itself warns about. Matt. 23. Furthermore, they also spoke about separation of Church and state to preserve the integrity of both. The constitution is NOT an extension of the Bible. It is separate. It is secular management tempered in judgment by Judeo-Christian ethics. I don't know anyone with an altar or shrine making burnt offerings to the constitution. Do you?
You do realize that "seperation of Church and state" is not within the constitution? That is a perversion of the Constitution. And do you realize that the Constitution is based on the Bible. As for altars or shrines, you would be surprised, but actually there are many who want to and try to deconstruct both the Constitution and the Bible.

Quote:
You do realize that no denomination has achieved omnipotence or perfection, don't you? The reason why you know what Catholics did and did not do during that era is because Catholics recorded it truthfully. No matter how badly it made them look. They owned their sins. Same with Jews who do not use magic erasers on the Torah. They highlighted their mistakes and call them what they are.
Ok, whats your point?

Quote:
Behold, Robin. A Pope in Catholic history once declared "Kill them all, let God sort them out". How evil is that? Very! Some Catholics fought him. Some Catholics recorded the truth faithfully. And other Catholics followed his orders in blind obedience. Judge for yourself who among them were Christians. Who won if the truth itself prevailed to serve as a moral tale for us all? Should it surprise you that I'm Catholic and agree with much of the criticism leveled by Martin Luther? So does the Vatican in part, after much deliberation. Has your denomination subjected itself to such scrutiny to admit wrongdoing throughout it's history?
Well you see that is just it, my denomination is not me, what my denomination has done in the past has nothing to do with me. No matter what my denomination may be, I serve the Lord not the denomination.

Quote:
I'll tell you something else. There's nothing nuttier than watching a hard headed catholic and a hard headed protestant chase each other around like chickens while foxes pitch logs under a cooking pot meant for them both. The longer they argue, the longer the greater good is neglected and under served. What do you suppose we ought to do about it?
We should both serve the Lord rather than the group.

Quote:
I'm not going to hide that I'm very angry at the behavior of people calling themselves Christian. Patience is not my virtue and I'll readily admit my tone of voice is very harsh on this subject. Individuals misrepresenting faith by putting crowns on their own heads only instructs their children to become atheists. Worse still is the cult behavior denigrating religion itself, not just my denomination, or just Christianity for that matter. The glory is God's, not OURS to covet. Not in the secular world and not even in the afterlife Kingdom of God. The Glory is, was, and will forever be... Gods.
True.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies