Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2012, 02:14 AM

4,919 posts, read 4,811,487 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneTraveler View Post
My question is what happiness does owning a hand gun or automatic rifle give any of you people? Why would you want to own something that has only one purpose and that is to kill other humans?

One of my friends bought a hand gun a few years ago. He brought me out to his car to show me (I didn't know what he wanted to show me of course). He picked it up out of his center compartment in his car and dangled it laughing, as though he had bought something to be proud of.

I told him exactly what described him. That he's GHETTO! Because that is exactly what owning a weapon like that is.

Well op, if you wish to be ghetto as well then so be it. You may still legally be so for the time being.
You don't even show on the Darwin scale.
But, your user name is quite appropriate!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2012, 02:16 AM

18,822 posts, read 14,010,419 times
A left wing collectivist must always oppose an armed populace.
It is not safe to steal other people's property when they can shoot back.

Old 07-28-2012, 02:32 AM

20,170 posts, read 24,228,162 times
They'll settle down now. Their master says cool it.

White House makes clear: No push for new gun laws - Businessweek

Old 07-28-2012, 02:45 AM

9,827 posts, read 6,902,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
That's the problem with you people, everything is a conspiracy, a coverup...a lie. That's why having an intelligent conversation and working on serious issues like this is next to impossible, the GOP is filled to the brim with puffed up, hyperbolic children who present a false argument to attack. In the meantime little kids get gutted all across our country. Congratulations.
Well, we all see your condemnation, so where is your brilliant solution?

Old 07-28-2012, 03:07 AM

9,827 posts, read 6,902,490 times
So you want to reduce the violance huh? Here's a novile approach you may consider... RAISE YOUR CHILDREN INSTEAD OF LETTING THEM RAISE THEMSELVES. There will always be a raving lunatic. He will use a homemade firearm, a bomb or whatever else is at his disposal.. If you really want to do something about violence, stop making your children your "buddies" and start being a PARENT!!!

Old 07-28-2012, 04:33 AM

24,450 posts, read 33,122,402 times
There is a saying that goes, "If guns are outlawed, then only outlaws will have guns."

Old 07-28-2012, 05:36 AM

4,255 posts, read 3,465,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
So you want to reduce the violance huh? Here's a novile approach you may consider... RAISE YOUR CHILDREN INSTEAD OF LETTING THEM RAISE THEMSELVES. There will always be a raving lunatic. He will use a homemade firearm, a bomb or whatever else is at his disposal.. If you really want to do something about violence, stop making your children your "buddies" and start being a PARENT!!!

Always wondered why that dude that shot Gabriel giffords used a gun and not a truck. She was set up on a sidewalk. A truck could have been just as devastating.

Old 07-28-2012, 05:39 AM

5,450 posts, read 8,729,715 times
Once again, someone intent on doing harm will do harm. Gun laws won't stop them.

In places where people have the right to carry, crime is down. Wonder why that is?

Old 07-28-2012, 05:41 AM

22,230 posts, read 17,776,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
With the wake of Aurora in our minds, why not just ban guns? Guns kill people, right? So lets just ban them, so no one else will die, by their hands.

Or is it that simple? What do we do with the MILLIONS of guns, already legally possessed by people? Kick in their doors and confiscate them? Send the police (brown shirts) into peoples homes and businesses, and forcibly take their firearms from them?

What about the MILLIONS, and I do mean MILLIONS of firearms, which aren't registered to anyone? What about the MILLIONS of firearms which WERE registered, which have been sold, transferred, etc to other persons and their is no record of this? What do we do now?

Background checks, waiting periods, etc I am all for. I have no problems with them. Of course, a waiting period and background check would not have stopped the moron in Aurora from getting his firearms. So, I am asking the liberal anti gun crowd:

What would you do? What is it you want?

The ONLY way to get firearms off the streets, is to institute some sort of "martial law." Then, send the police and military into people's homes, without warrants, search them, and recover ALL firearms. Doesn't matter if they were legally or illegally obtained. Without confiscating these firearms, "gun control" is a worthless idea; all meant to make some liberals "feel good."

My firearms will be in my locked safe. They will last longer then ANY of us on this board will be alive. HUNDREDS of years. So ban them. Ok. Mine and MILLIONS of others will be still be here. What are you going to do with the millions already in the United States? Say, well, "Ok. At least we are doing something?" Again, so you can "feel good?"

"Gun Control" is another liberal lie, for GUN BANNING. At least you liberals should be honest and tell the US and world the truth. You don't want "control." You want to ban the private ownership of firearms. THAT is your goal. Plain and simple.
I don't know of any credible efforts to ban guns in the USA, do you?

Old 07-28-2012, 08:20 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,421,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mortpes View Post
I suggest looking at the crime statistics. In spite of massive public and private expenditures on police and crime prevention this country has a huge crime problem. This country also has a huge drug problem. If we disarm citizens the criminal would then have no restriction. Legally the police are not responsible for your individual safety. Only you are responsible. I suggest we first try to eliminate the crime and drug problem.
Yes -- and the exact same people who want to legalize every drug and claim that prohibition doesn't work want to make guns illegal -- which is idiotic because the same cartels that supply our middle school kids with all that meth and pot which is sold right in the cafeteria of the middle schools can easily add guns and ammunition to their shipments.

There is certainly nothing stopping tons of meth and heroin and cocaine from making it easily over the border, not to mention many thousands of illegals coming every single day. Making guns illegal will simply move them over to the black market, no tracking forms would have to be filled out and any 13 year old could buy them from the same dealer that provides the pot and meth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies