Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2012, 12:54 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,209,134 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
What happened to the purity of sport?

NHS SOCIALIZED MEDICINE OLYMPIC PROPAGANDA - YouTube

Why do we have to inject debt-based progressiveness into something that should be about athletic achievement?

The UK ought to be ashamed of what they've done to the Olympic Movement.
Would the fact that you said some uncomplimentary things about the whole boring show have anything to do with the fact that the Olympic Committee has blocked your link?

I think that the attempt to top the Chinese performance was one huge failure. I don't remember being so bored at one of those things,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2012, 12:54 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,431,657 times
Quote:
Your post made no sense.

How is it closed minded to actually budget for expenses as opposed to borrowing for everything?

The purpose of government isn't to provide compassion. That is what mommies are for.
That was the point of my post in the rebuttal of your inane offering. YOU are the very epitome of a country that hasn't budgeted for anything rational in the last 20 years at least. You're even prosecuting wars on borrowed money.

Kinda goofy to go swanninga ll over the world forcing foreign policy down the throats of other countries citizens while doing it with dollars propped up by the Chinese wouldn't you say?

Mommies are for any number of functions that are of a higher moral plane than you will ever reach my friend.

Old 07-28-2012, 12:58 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,209,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
I hope you get help with your crack addiction. I am all for free healthcare to treat that. It is money well spent.
Free health care? What is that and how can anyone think it is free?

Old 07-28-2012, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Why do you think that is? Just like social security and medicare/medicaid in the states it would be political suicide to actually oppose it. I mean the other side would immediatly start calling you a baby killer and hater of old people and on and on. Hell they do that now if anyone even hints about trying to fix the damn problem to begin with. That is why the can is kicked down the road heading right for the cliff at the end.
Kinda unique to Britain is it? I mean that can getting kicked down the road over the concept of something actually beneficial to all of a countries citizens instead of, say, a can getting kicked down the road for the concept of maintenance of a military that does the bidding of Wall Street power brokers.

I think I know which reason I'd rather go over that cliff for. gonna be a whole heap of folks at the bottom of that cliff regardless, on both sides of the Atlantic.

Old 07-28-2012, 01:09 PM

77,012 posts, read 47,481,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Would the fact that you said some uncomplimentary things about the whole boring show have anything to do with the fact that the Olympic Committee has blocked your link?

I think that the attempt to top the Chinese performance was one huge failure. I don't remember being so bored at one of those things,
I am pretty sure they specifically said they will NOT try to top the chinese show. The London one was definitely a low budget show.

Old 07-28-2012, 01:17 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,080,845 times
Quote:

Top the Chinese? Why attempt to? They have already topped the Chinese by not fraudently offering up athletes that are underage with doctored up birth certificates.

At least the British athletes are not wearing uniforms made in China. Shame on us.

BTW...you can omit the videos when responding to posts by deleting their URL. It's just annyoing to have the same video again and again within one thread.

Old 07-28-2012, 01:21 PM

29,409 posts, read 21,967,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Kinda unique to Britain is it? I mean that can getting kicked down the road over the concept of something actually beneficial to all of a countries citizens instead of, say, a can getting kicked down the road for the concept of maintenance of a military that does the bidding of Wall Street power brokers.

I think I know which reason I'd rather go over that cliff for. gonna be a whole heap of folks at the bottom of that cliff regardless, on both sides of the Atlantic.
Beneficial to all countries citizens? Is Britain now paying for airfare to there so folks can get free healthcare? It does appear plenty of muslims have found their way there to get the freebies here lately.

Old 07-28-2012, 01:24 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,268,003 times
Quote:
What happened to the purity of sport?

NHS SOCIALIZED MEDICINE OLYMPIC PROPAGANDA - YouTube

Why do we have to inject debt-based progressiveness into something that should be about athletic achievement?

The UK ought to be ashamed of what they've done to the Olympic Movement.

Pretty soon the world doing that will be enacting scenes out of the movie Soilent Green. Beyond the most basic care it is unsustainable. Push beyond basic care and you will no longer in this country be able to help the elderly and disabled. It may already be too late. We gave away so much of the treasury to those not deserving of it and the rest of the worldalreadyd doubled down on that stupidity years earlier.

Old 07-28-2012, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Free health care? What is that and how can anyone think it is free?

Nothing is ever free but an indication of a countries worth is what it's citizens are prepared to sacrifice a portion of their earned welath to support.

You are indeed free to choose which ones you spend your tax dollars on. Choose wisely grasshopper!

Old 07-28-2012, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Beneficial to all countries citizens? Is Britain now paying for airfare to there so folks can get free healthcare? It does appear plenty of muslims have found their way there to get the freebies here lately.
My error; should have typed "to all of a country's citizens" but I think you already knew my intent didn't you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies