Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should the government control the sale of machine guns
No, guns should be available to the average citizen 66 51.56%
Yes, machine guns should not be accessible to citizens 62 48.44%
Voters: 128. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2012, 02:21 AM

29,094 posts, read 25,996,493 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
What that individual is saying is that only a M-60 and guns of the like are "machine" guns, that not even full auto weapons like AK-47's are machine guns.

He's right about the specifics, but its a poor argument against the OP. Most people who don't follow guns closely call all full auto weapons machine guns.
Why would you want to encourage the ignorance of people who might be called upon to make decisions concerning firearms. If a person does not understand what a machine gun is - and is falsely labeling a weapon as something that it is not - they should not be involved in any activity that may affect public policy pertaining to firearm ownership.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2012, 07:24 AM

455 posts, read 651,437 times
why would an ordinary citizen need an AK47?? Do you have that much enemies??

Old 08-01-2012, 07:25 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,104,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
I always wanted to mount a 50 cal on top of my car to blow the folks driving slow in the left lane off the road.
A bazooka works better.

Old 08-01-2012, 07:27 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,286,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
If you have never seen any firearm before - then how can you describe one as "hideous"?
Many people have never seen the results of a shotgun blast to the face, I guess they can't call it hideous, using your stupid logic.

Old 08-01-2012, 07:38 AM

57,221 posts, read 26,172,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Why would you want to encourage the ignorance of people who might be called upon to make decisions concerning firearms. If a person does not understand what a machine gun is - and is falsely labeling a weapon as something that it is not - they should not be involved in any activity that may affect public policy pertaining to firearm ownership.
Actually an AK-47 is a machine gun (ATF definition) but no longer for sale to the public, the versions that are for sale are semi-automatic and can easily be made automatic. Additionally there are plenty of existing AK-47's fully automatic, pre-1986 although there are rules regulating their transfer.

Most people think of AK-47's as fully automatic as it was the weapon of choice for North Vietnam. Still waiting to hear where Lougher got the AR-15 and the 100 round magazine,but to me that's a miltary assault rifle capable of killing many people,not a recreational weapon and that is the argument.

Old 08-01-2012, 08:23 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,955,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earlyretired View Post
Well I have a Romanian SKS and I had a lot of ammo for it so I picked up the WASR 10 cheap, it's a lot of fun

It's very reliable and that 75 round drum never malfunctions, but it's not very accurate compared to my good stuff, for close work though It would be just fine...

Too bad those surplus rounds cant be reloaded though...

The little AR15 is a mouse gun, accurate but my 11 year old niece wont ever give it back to me when she's here

Now .308 is a different story...
Yeah what's with little women that won't share? My wife is a little bigger than a little woman, but she won't share either and that's how i bought Ak numba 2!

I don't really care for the poor wood to metal fit of the Ak's much, but they sure do make gun grabbers whine!

I much prefer my flintlocks with pristine browning, and some serious tight wood to metal fit.

I wouldn't have a AK at all if uit hadn't been for some fool woman in a red dress come on FOX News Oct after 911... She said something close to this:

If Americans were not allowed private gun ownership, 911 would never have happened!

I went ballistic at hearing that!~ took up my wife by the hand at 4:45 pm and went to the local gun store looking for something mean and evil... Just before 5 pm we walked out with SAR-1 (1)

My wife shot that, in a few days later and I got the 'LOOK'... I have seen that look a few times before and it means this is mine, so i have to go buy another SAR-1...

The 3rd Ak a Yugo underfolder came ina boat deal as a down payment. private sale.

Old 08-01-2012, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Actually an AK-47 is a machine gun (ATF definition) but no longer for sale to the public, the versions that are for sale are semi-automatic and can easily be made automatic. Additionally there are plenty of existing AK-47's fully automatic, pre-1986 although there are rules regulating their transfer.

Most people think of AK-47's as fully automatic as it was the weapon of choice for North Vietnam. Still waiting to hear where Lougher got the AR-15 and the 100 round magazine,but to me that's a miltary assault rifle capable of killing many people,not a recreational weapon and that is the argument.
Who is Lougher? I thought everyone was upset about a James Holmes? BATFE is a joke, and while they may be 'In Charge' it sure doesn't mean they really know anything...

And yup you can buy parts to make the AK a full auto.... I said you can, because i can't. The reason you can is you don't have the gun, and I do.

All I have to do is buy these parts and have the gun, and the parts don't even have to be installed in the gun, which is nuts, but I get a Go straight to jail do not pass GO, do not collect 200 dollars...

And I am just not all that fond of Govt green or gray paint.

If you ask me that's a dumb law... but we are a nation of Dumb a$$ laws..

Anyone who is over 18 and not a felon can buy a AR, and i see 100 rnd mags on line for sale...

I think 'we' will find Holmes is a sicko idiot with maybe some form of genius, but otherwise lacking in ALL other social skills, and that 'We the People' bought the gun, mag and ammo, plus his makeup and armor, that media is in part to blame for his sins......

of course when that makes news 'we' as a people will pamper his a$$ and coddel him, cooing and purring, and some laywers will get fat !

Then later the system will play it all out in the corcle it does and this chump will be released, and the gin grabbers will dance in the street singing Kimbya....

Fry this demon and get it done Quickly!

Old 08-01-2012, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal. View Post
why would an ordinary citizen need an AK47?? Do you have that much enemies??
Why do you need to drive a car. Can't you just walk? Why do you live in a big box when a little one under your desk at work will do?

Old 08-01-2012, 09:01 AM

455 posts, read 651,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Why do you need to drive a car. Can't you just walk? Why do you live in a big box when a little one under your desk at work will do?
A car is a means of transportation. A house is a source of shelter of the elements. An AK47 is an over the top weapon for an ordinary person to have. So let's sell bazookas, grenades, nuclear weapons to ordinary folks so they can feel protected.

Should people have the right to bear arms? Yes but nothing extreme. A handgun will do the same damage.

Old 08-01-2012, 09:10 AM

29,094 posts, read 25,996,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal. View Post
A car is a means of transportation. A house is a source of shelter of the elements. An AK47 is an over the top weapon for an ordinary person to have. So let's sell bazookas, grenades, nuclear weapons to ordinary folks so they can feel protected.

Should people have the right to bear arms? Yes but nothing extreme. A handgun will do the same damage.
You use words such as "over the top" and "extreme" to describe the AK-47. Why?

You also use the term "ordinary person". Tell me - who would you consider an extraordinary person - priveleged enough to own an AK-47?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies