Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should the government control the sale of machine guns
No, guns should be available to the average citizen 66 51.56%
Yes, machine guns should not be accessible to citizens 62 48.44%
Voters: 128. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2012, 03:42 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,963,815 times

Advertisements

Chucksnee it's ok i don't care about things I can't controll, and i can't controll being dyslexic.. my hearing is worse... I don't even bother with a phone.... My wife can do that part for me if it must be done at all.. I can read pretty good though..

Sf got to me about owning so many guns... out of fear? naw i fear nothing, not after the Easter 1999 Murders...

The idea got to nme though and made me laugh... Why I am so scared i own 2 muskets! A flint rifle and [pistiol, a cap and ball rigle and pistol, (4)n .45's a .32 acp several .22 pistols, a few ,22 bolt rifles a semi in .22 a bolt in .22 4 shotguns 3 are 12 ga one is 16.... the 2 AK's a lever gun a few hunting bolt guns, and if I don't bother to go count it comes up to more than 20 guns....

I like all of em.... I also have a full sized 3/4 ton van from 1986 with no rust which is a big deal in NH, 2 pick ups one plows, 1 volvo wagon and 2 motorcycles. I forget why the cars were important to SF....

i also have battle ready swords for ceremonies, dirks, 40 tomahawks, I just like them.... 3 scalps LOL a mess of switch blades (NH legalized them) and a partiseaian real one from the french and Indian war... Then a cannon cast in gun bronze from a 1750 pattern duiscovered in canada, and a real belguin blunder buss for naval use that needs to be re-stocked and have a lock made/fitted...

I must be scared right out of my whitts but just don't know it huh? Funnyb thing is i don't feel scared but I have before.... if this is scared i am all for it..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2012, 04:08 PM

46,281 posts, read 27,093,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Chucksnee it's ok i don't care about things I can't controll, and i can't controll being dyslexic.. my hearing is worse... I don't even bother with a phone.... My wife can do that part for me if it must be done at all.. I can read pretty good though..

Sf got to me about owning so many guns... out of fear? naw i fear nothing, not after the Easter 1999 Murders...

The idea got to nme though and made me laugh... Why I am so scared i own 2 muskets! A flint rifle and [pistiol, a cap and ball rigle and pistol, (4)n .45's a .32 acp several .22 pistols, a few ,22 bolt rifles a semi in .22 a bolt in .22 4 shotguns 3 are 12 ga one is 16.... the 2 AK's a lever gun a few hunting bolt guns, and if I don't bother to go count it comes up to more than 20 guns....

I like all of em.... I also have a full sized 3/4 ton van from 1986 with no rust which is a big deal in NH, 2 pick ups one plows, 1 volvo wagon and 2 motorcycles. I forget why the cars were important to SF....

i also have battle ready swords for ceremonies, dirks, 40 tomahawks, I just like them.... 3 scalps LOL a mess of switch blades (NH legalized them) and a partiseaian real one from the french and Indian war... Then a cannon cast in gun bronze from a 1750 pattern duiscovered in canada, and a real belguin blunder buss for naval use that needs to be re-stocked and have a lock made/fitted...

I must be scared right out of my whitts but just don't know it huh? Funnyb thing is i don't feel scared but I have before.... if this is scared i am all for it..
Mac, I'm with ya, I just get tired of leftist speaking....well speaking in general, but when they complain about others and then do exactly that the same but worse, I tend to call them on it and it pisses them off.

You know, there is a reason my "what's the difference in these 2 guns" questions has NEVER been answered.....

They know if they do answer truthfully, they will get slammed and caught in a true leftist lie.....

Old 08-01-2012, 04:25 PM

8,278 posts, read 6,274,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal. View Post
LOL! You are ridiculous. Hands were not created for the sole purpose of destruction. What about kicks? LOL. A gun, a semi-automatic, full automatic, etc was created for the purpose to kill, defend or disable. Military and police dept should use weapons to kill and disable. IMO, regular janes and joes should use weapons that disable or defend. A regular handgun should and can do the job.
Guns were not created for the sole purpose of destruction either. They were created for the sole purpose of containing a fast burning propellant within a chamber so a small metal projectile could exit the barrel at transonic speed. It's irrelevant what the action is they just allow additional shots to be made more rapidly. A gun never killed anyone, bullets did.

Police should NEVER use weapons to kill, they should use weapons as required to protect the public, killing is incidental and should never be the goal. If you believe it should be the goal, they you've just eliminated the whole purpose of due process, the legal system, and pretty much everyone's rights. The police are also civilians, if you create a class of civilians that are given license to kill, you might want to hang on to that gun.

You also overlook the many people who live in remote areas that may justifiably need something with a little more power than a handgun can provide to protect themselves against wildlife.

Old 08-01-2012, 04:48 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,005,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal. View Post
Military and police dept should use weapons to kill and disable. IMO, regular janes and joes should use weapons that disable or defend. A regular handgun should and can do the job.
Please explain your insistence on making a distinction between law enforcement personnel and "regular janes and joes"? It is rather disturbing to say the least. What makes a cop special and someone who is not a cop "regular". Does that mean that the cop is more valuable than the "regular jane and joe"? Why should a "regular jane and joe"(note - I use this term sarcastically - because I see nothing that makes a police officer more special or valuable than anyone else) be not able to use deadly force while defending their life, lives of others, and property?

Another thing - you say that military and police should be able to kill or disable - and therefore need access to a semi-automatic rifle. Then you say that a "regular joe or jane" should act only to disable or defend - and state that a handgun should suffice. Here is the problem with that: if you are going to shoot a firearm at a living thing(person or animal) you never do so with the intent to disable - if you make the decision to pull the trigger while it is aimed at a person or animal - it had better be with the intent to kill. If you aren't prepared to kill - then you shouldn't be aiming the firearm at the target. Therefore - "defending" using a firearm - will involve shooting to kill - unless it is possible to defend by the threat of the weapon by itself - like Mac Muz demonstrated with his experience in the White Mountains.

A handgun most certainly can kill a person - and I already established above that one does not point a firearm at a person and pull the trigger unless they intend to kill - so why you would think that the handgun should be used to defend but not kill is beyond me - and you most certainly don't try to 'disable" someone with it - you shoot to kill.

I think you have been confused by the anti-gun propagandist language of "assault weapons". You view a semi-automatic rifle as an "assault weapon" and a handgun as a "defensive weapon". There is no such distinction - both are firearms - and can be used defensively.

Last edited by Harrier; 08-01-2012 at 04:56 PM..

Old 08-01-2012, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Mac, I'm with ya, I just get tired of leftist speaking....well speaking in general, but when they complain about others and then do exactly that the same but worse, I tend to call them on it and it pisses them off.

You know, there is a reason my "what's the difference in these 2 guns" questions has NEVER been answered.....

They know if they do answer truthfully, they will get slammed and caught in a true leftist lie.....
True the gun grabbers are well versed but still ignorant in guns and terms of guns... The ignorance itself is a problem and lack of ability to get chances to try guns..

That kiwi female i mention was stunned I could own guns muchless an AK.. When i told her she could shoot it she was more stunned. I had to grab her hand a squeeze it a little to get her to come back around ... Then she made excuses LOL, My wife was laffin at her for the excuses.

That cut it.... So off we went with apx 60 rnds (2) mags worth in mags.... After that she was after spending a lot more money in rounds than I had thought to spend, but every single round was worth it... I was happier when she found the Ruger Single Six was as good to shoot as the Ak's were.

She had no idea about costs....

Nuther gal out in upstate NY was kate.... She was about 95 pounds soakin wet and the gal of a friend of mine, not my gal.......

She found out i had a WW-2 vintage remington rand, and became curious.. I heard words like 'can a little woman like me, shoot a big gun like that?'

I grinned and said sure.... I set up a paper 1 qt milk jug with a pic of a flower on the pannel and she hit that flower dead center.... I sort of hoovered around her and the gun for the first shot, but not after.... When the mag was empty and the slide locked back she said 'What do i do now?' still pointing the gun at the milk jug....

Dammned nice I thought..... I have been in the mud more than a few times with a newbie pistol shooter in the next bay over.... I bet you have too.....

Old 08-01-2012, 06:02 PM

57,271 posts, read 26,199,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
As a matter of fact yes, they may be employed in recreational use as well.

USPSA Media Photos - United States Practical Shooting Association

http://3gunnation.com/assets/matches..._header3_1.jpg

http://www.teamblackrainordnance.com/Sandara_rifle.jpg

Recreational use has nothing to do with the 2nd Amendment.
You could make an argument that M50's & 60's are recreational. This is all about where you draw the line, some weapons should not be in the publics hands, that is why we have severe restrictions on machine guns (I know some people possess them but they are not generally for sale).

If you are correct, that assault weapons (semi-automatic) are purely a 2nd amendment issue, then why were restrictions allowed on machine guns. Much leeway in the 2nd amendment, not every move is a violation sensible regulations should prevail as in the case of Class III weapons.

Old 08-01-2012, 06:07 PM

46,281 posts, read 27,093,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
You could make an argument that M50's
What's an M50?

Old 08-01-2012, 06:13 PM

57,271 posts, read 26,199,434 times
Quote:
What's an M50?
50 Calibre machine gun WWII vintage

Old 08-01-2012, 06:14 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,005,925 times
Quote:
What's an M50?
Apparently this - though I don't know why that poster would be mentioning a practically obsolete weapon.
M50 Reising - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 08-01-2012, 06:18 PM

Very well done Goodnight... But you need not worry as these guns are not really in the hands of the public, not unless they were owned and registerd before 1968.... I have never once heard of any criminal activity where either has been used ever.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies