Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2012, 02:41 PM

90,316 posts, read 120,488,465 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by valerie d View Post
When a woman complains I need to buy her enough rubbers to have sex 24/7, yes, I might draw some definitive observations about that. That would seem to support the definition, yes! I don't see the analogy. One is based on hatred the other on analysis of what the young and stupid demorat operative was reporting about herself. Who would not make that objective analysis. Unless of couse that is the norm for democrat women?
No one asked you to buy anyone rubbers to have 24/7 sex.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
That's the difference between the right and the left.

Many liberals/leftists have come out against Griffin's comments.

Try to find a right winger who will condemn Limbaugh's statement.
Isn't that the truth! His lackeys rush (pun intended) to defend him every time he makes one of these statement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
A prostitute is also one who gets paid. Said college student wants someone else to PAY for her protection; therefore, the term fits. It's a stretch, but it fits.
It's a huge stretch, so much that the rubber band (again, pun intended) breaks. She was asking to have this as part of her beneifits.

Quote:
I guess you've never heard of perks or benefits.

Birth control pills don't just fall off shelves into someone's hands. When birth control pills are added to policies, premiums go up for everybody. That means I'm paying for her to screw around.

It's very simple logic but eludes a lot of people, obviously. If she wants to screw around, she needs to pay for it herself and not ask everyone else to support her disgusting lifestyle.

I guess it's more of that rocket science stuff. One needs to have an IQ over 50 to get it.

Damn!
Knock of the snark. You're not making any points as it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Fluke is 30 far from 17, 17 is just an adult........get real

It was wrong for Limbaugh to address her in this way and I've already said this.

By the way at 30 she should pay for her own birth control and not ask the rest of us to pay for her/others sex life.
WILLOW PALIN IS 18 YEARS OLD!

Old 07-29-2012, 02:42 PM

812 posts, read 594,344 times
Quote:
Kathy Griffin calling Willow ***** = bad

Limbaugh calling college student ***** = good

Not buying your hypocrisy or faux outrage.
I think it is because you are not capable of processing the difference. Could be morality could be intelligence either way=bad!

Old 07-29-2012, 02:43 PM

90,316 posts, read 120,488,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by valerie d View Post
I think it is because you are not capable of processing the difference. Could be morality could be intelligence either way=bad!
Maybe you could enlighten us, since your morality and intelligence are obviously much higher!

Old 07-29-2012, 02:53 PM

30,286 posts, read 51,837,829 times
Quote:
You were asked for proof and can't provide it. Instead, you choose to again denigrate the daughters. You don't know jack squat about how the daughers were raised.
I wasn't asked for anything, since he was addressing another poster... if it really matters that much to you, I'm sure a little research would provide such "proof" (which is an abstract request at best).

Quote:
Maybe you should go post that crap in the Bible Belt state forums.
I'm not aware of a "Bible Belt" forum, but clearly my comment was related to THIS thread - and if you need to dictate where people post things, why not ask the OP to post this crap in the Entertainment forum? After all, Kathy Griffin is an entertainer and clearly not a political figure.

Old 07-29-2012, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Using the liberal mindset, I suppose if you want to attack someone in an immature, disgusting manner, just call it comedy. After all, you can just say you are being comedic and I guess you can say nearly anything you want. You can joke about rape, shootings, murders, terrorism. You can attack teenagers or children. You can wish death on other people. You can call anyone the worst names you can think of. BUT, I believe things like making fun of gays is actually still off limits and perhaps making fun of blacks. Other than that, just call yourself a comedian, and you get a pass. Except if you're not a liberal.
And on the flip-side, the conservatives like to call their vile hate speech "talk radio."

Quote:
And is it me, or are most of the most vile "comedians" liberal. Sure seems that way.
Yup, it is just you... I guess some people have selective hearing, LOL.

Old 07-29-2012, 02:57 PM

37,953 posts, read 22,062,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
Could a mod change the title of this post? Since she is 18, not 17, the premise of this thread is incorrect and misleading.
Misleading? How? Would it really matter if she turned 18 last week or next month?

Try this, buy different panties and they won't bunch up on you so much.

Old 07-29-2012, 03:01 PM

37,953 posts, read 22,062,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Um, duh?? Hasn't that always been the case, or are you guys pretending this is something new (and/or exclusive to liberals)? I thought that was the whole point of stand-up comedy, LOL.

And like I said above, the conservative version of this takes the form of "talk radio" - and I have no problem with that, since I can always change the channel if something offends me! Face it, people from ALL sides of the political spectrum say offensive things sometimes... occasionally it's in the context of comedy or talk radio/tv, while other times it is simply an exercise in free speech. Are you guys implying she shouldn't be allowed to say this, or are you just whining for the sake of whining?
I think you read a little too much into my post.

Some people do hide behind comedy like a shield, as a way to savagely attack their perceived foes. It is not exclusively done for political reasons. People can make truly hateful jokes aimed at specific races, social standings, educational levels, genders, religions, handicaps and yes even political parties.

Last edited by Wapasha; 07-29-2012 at 03:25 PM..

Old 07-29-2012, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Being a comedian seems to be a shield that hateful people can hide behind, because they can claim a type of immunity as they attack their political and personal foes.
Um, duh?? Hasn't that always been the case, or are you guys pretending this is something new (and/or exclusive to liberals)? I thought that was the whole point of stand-up comedy, LOL.

And like I said above, the conservative version of this takes the form of "talk radio" - and I have no problem with that, since I can always change the channel if something offends me! Face it, people from ALL sides of the political spectrum say offensive things sometimes... occasionally it's in the context of comedy or talk radio/tv, while other times it is simply an exercise in free speech. Are you guys implying she shouldn't be allowed to say this, or are you just whining for the sake of whining?

Old 07-29-2012, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Misleading? How? Would it really matter if she turned 18 last week or next month?
What matters is that people are referring to her as a CHILD, when she is legally an adult - and even at 17, she was old enough to know better.

We have two designations for youth here in the library, children and young ADULTS. Anyone over 12 is considered a young adult, so in my book she hasn't been a child for at least 5 years now. I don't know about you, but at 17 I was already living on my own (graduated from HS at 17, since I'm a fall birthday) and more than capable of knowing certain words aren't appropriate to use.

Quote:
Try this, buy different panties and they won't bunch up on you so much.
The same could be said to all who are whining about a comedienne, who is known for saying shocking/offensive things... I mean, does this really surprise anyone? Were you also shocked and outraged when George Carlin did his "Seven Dirty Words" schtick?

Old 07-29-2012, 03:36 PM

29,198 posts, read 22,269,306 times
Quote:
#1, it wasn't in private it was no national television

#2, she isn't 17, she's 18, an adult
it wasn't private! The comments were nationally televised on Bristol's show! If they had been private, we would not even be discussing this!
To be fair, Willow and Bristol weren't the only young people on her series who had potty mouths. All of them were bleeped often.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.