Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2012, 06:00 PM

2,608 posts, read 2,097,108 times

Advertisements

It supplies oil to refineries that serve the Chicago area....

I say shut it off and let em all drive "green" electric cars, "they" think oil is evil anyway, problem solved....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2012, 06:05 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,183,047 times
Don't ya just love hypocrites who sit in their air conditioned homes, burning power on the internet, drinking a refrigerated beer, mowing their lawns......

and complain about oil and gas production.

Old 07-29-2012, 06:08 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,811,747 times
I am all for the development of green energy. Petroleum causes damage to the water, land, and air. What do you need happen for you to realize we are crapping in our own beds!

Old 07-29-2012, 06:45 PM

3,201 posts, read 3,857,513 times
Wisconsin is the biggest bunch of whiners in America!!!

Old 07-29-2012, 06:48 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,930,375 times
Default the convenience of NIMBY

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
I am all for the development of green energy. Petroleum causes damage to the water, land, and air. What do you need happen for you to realize we are crapping in our own beds!
All those solar panels are being built in China. Toxic waste is dumped out the back doors of the factories and poisoning rivers and the soil there. I see hypocricy is the order of the day.

Does Enbridge have an abysmal record? It would appear so, yes. Is Enbridge representative of every pipeline company which operates and maintains lines? No. Laws and regulations are in place already. Enforcement is always the problem. Nothing man-made is 100% guaranteed to be fail safe. Don't like it? As another poster suggested, get a horse. I'll add go off-grid completely and be your own energy producer. Talk is cheap from greenies who don't walk the walk but want the taxpayers' dime and the government to do it for them.

Old 07-29-2012, 07:58 PM

5,787 posts, read 4,715,346 times
Strange????

I saw a road sign yesterday warning that on Monday the road crew would be oiling the dirt road.

They do this every summer to keep the dust down.

The oil they use is old motor oil out of people's car crankcases. They spray it right on the ground. When it rains, some of that runs off into the culvert and eventually into streams.

But of course, I live in a part of Pennsylvania where oil just bubbles up from the ground naturally. It's kind of a nuisance and it makes the little streams have funny streaks in them. But my point is that it's Mother Nature.

Oil comes from the ground, it sometimes goes back onto the ground. It's not the End of the World and nature did this long before mankind ever walked the Earth to complain about it.

Old 07-29-2012, 08:00 PM

5,787 posts, read 4,715,346 times
I'll bet those evil oil people WANTED their pipeline to break....right?

Sure, they wanted to lose millions of dollars of oil!!!!

Old 07-29-2012, 08:15 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,930,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
It is a Canadian pipeline for a Canadian company. Yes, I can blame this Canadian company!
Your thread title blamed Canada as though Enbridge was a national company when in fact it is a Partnership. The left wasn't blaming Britain for the Gulf spill, they blamed BP and other individual companies. Accuracy and consistency in terminology is helpful; otherwise, all you have is disinformation.

Old 07-29-2012, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
All those solar panels are being built in China. Toxic waste is dumped out the back doors of the factories and poisoning rivers and the soil there. I see hypocricy is the order of the day.

Does Enbridge have an abysmal record? It would appear so, yes. Is Enbridge representative of every pipeline company which operates and maintains lines? No. Laws and regulations are in place already. Enforcement is always the problem. Nothing man-made is 100% guaranteed to be fail safe. Don't like it? As another poster suggested, get a horse. I'll add go off-grid completely and be your own energy producer. Talk is cheap from greenies who don't walk the walk but want the taxpayers' dime and the government to do it for them.
So your position is to do nothing to improve, just leave a toxic world to our children.

Old 07-29-2012, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Your thread title blamed Canada as though Enbridge was a national company when in fact it is a Partnership. The left wasn't blaming Britain for the Gulf spill, they blamed BP and other individual companies. Accuracy and consistency in terminology is helpful; otherwise, all you have is disinformation.
It is a Canadian pipeline for a Canadian company to profit from. We are giving our ass away to other countries.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies