Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2012, 11:39 PM

37,121 posts, read 42,189,292 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Whats funny is that formula theft from the super market is at an all time high. Partly to pay for drugs, partly because people just can't afford it, and rather then breastfeed, they are stealing.
My mom made her own. It wasn't nutritious but hey...it's what she could afford. Something with canned milk and Karo suryup I think. Unfortunately I developed a serious allergy to corn.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2012, 11:44 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,377,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
My mom made her own. It wasn't nutritious but hey...it's what she could afford. Something with canned milk and Karo suryup I think. Unfortunately I developed a serious allergy to corn.

LOL, no, thats not what the Karo syrup was for.

Babies can't naturally digest milk, or some can't. So to help with digestion, and to get your kids to drink whole milk, some parents add Karo syrup. I had to do this with my daughter, who is slightly lactos intollerant.

I myself was when I was a baby, my mother slowly added regular cow milk a little at a time to my formula. Then finally I could drink regular milk, still do, love the stuff.

Sorry you developed an alergy to corn, thats got to be a massive headache, with everything made with corn products.

Old 07-30-2012, 12:02 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,917,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Quote:

Babies can't naturally digest milk, or some can't. So to help with digestion, and to get your kids to drink whole milk, some parents add Karo syrup. I had to do this with my daughter, who is slightly lactos intollerant.

I myself was when I was a baby, my mother slowly added regular cow milk a little at a time to my formula. Then finally I could drink regular milk, still do, love the stuff.

Sorry you developed an alergy to corn, thats got to be a massive headache, with everything made with corn products.
Karo syrup has long been used to treat constitpation in babies. Maybe Mayor Bloomberg should drink a case of it.

Old 07-30-2012, 12:25 AM

1,767 posts, read 2,347,608 times

Breastfeeding is best for baby and for mother, psychologically as well as physically.

I wish all mothers could breastfeed for at least the first year.

Old 07-30-2012, 01:24 AM

37,121 posts, read 42,189,292 times
Quote:
Well not now but I'm over 50. I just Googled it and you can still find the old formula online. It was pretty common "back in the day" haha.

Old 07-30-2012, 05:06 AM

37,794 posts, read 40,990,020 times
How can he be re-elected? Hasn't he long since termed-out?

A woman has the right to murder her baby on demand in NYC but God help her if she wants a big cup of soda or to bottle feed her baby. Then she gets a lecture. He treats people like children. He's disgusting. And to think some idiots (mostly in the NY media) floated his name as a Presidential candidate.

Old 07-30-2012, 05:12 AM

2,345 posts, read 1,669,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
How can he be re-elected? Hasn't he long since termed-out?

A woman has the right to murder her baby on demand in NYC but God help her if she wants a big cup of soda or to bottle feed her baby. Then she gets a lecture. He treats people like children. He's disgusting. And to think some idiots (mostly in the NY media) floated his name as a Presidential candidate.
Haven't you noticed? The electorate in this country, especially in New York, and generally speaking, are blithering idiots.

http://www.nationalreview.com/campai...-news-new-york

READ ABOVE More about the ''Nanny State.''

Old 07-30-2012, 07:44 AM

10,228 posts, read 6,309,606 times
Quote:

I nursed my daughter until she weaned when almost 2. She was allergic to both milk and soy. While I was nursing her, even I could not not eat dairy or soy or she would have an allergic reaction. She is now 28 years old and still allergic. The only dairy she tolerates is goat's dairy products, and cannot eat at Chinese restaurants.

Old 07-30-2012, 07:54 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
At what point did government decide that social issues were more important then economic or political issues ?
Is there that little to do these days ?

Old 07-30-2012, 08:01 AM

9,240 posts, read 8,664,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wawa1992 View Post
Bloomberg does NOT need to be re-elected. Any political party is better than the Nanny State Big Government Control Freak party.
He can't be re-elected, thats why he pushing all these extreme agendas.

The same thing Obama will do if he is re-elected.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies