Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2012, 11:44 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,042,433 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ancap View Post
Would be if its my child and they pull some stunt like this. They WILL find their own place to live since they want to act like an adult and don't think they have to obey their parents then they can be an adult on their own.
Yea, throw your daughter and that OH SO PRECIOUS BABY out on the streets to fend for themselves....let the taxpayer's pick up the tab. I guess it's OK for you to dodge the consequences of your inferior parenting skills, huh? How about YOU taking personal responsibilty for the way YOU raised YOUR child?

Typical pro-fetus/anti-baby response from the "pro-life" crowd.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2012, 12:52 PM

1,403 posts, read 937,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Yea, throw your daughter and that OH SO PRECIOUS BABY out on the streets to fend for themselves....let the taxpayer's pick up the tab. I guess it's OK for you to dodge the consequences of your inferior parenting skills, huh? How about YOU taking personal responsibilty for the way YOU raised YOUR child?

Typical pro-fetus/anti-baby response from the "pro-life" crowd.
Another fool. If my 16 year old wants to act like an adult she needs to take adult responsibility. Now if my daughter came to me and said she was pregnant me and her mother and our daughter would discuss the 2 options. Either adoption or she keeps the baby. She would not have the choice of abortion now if she decided to go around me and her mother and go to the courts to help her murder her baby then she is obviously old enough to take care of herself since she no longer needs her parents permission or guidance in her life. Figures you didn't read the link since I would only do that to my daughter IF she decided to disobey her parents and go to the courts. I am a very open minded parent I would be disappointed if my daughter or son for that matter got pregnant or got a girl pregnant but I would not throw them out or banish them unless they decided to go around me and my wife in our jobs as a parent. You may not like it and personally I don't care who doesn't like it. They are my children and until they are 18 what I say goes or they can get themselves emancipated if they think they can do so much better on their own.

Old 07-30-2012, 01:06 PM

2,635 posts, read 3,510,952 times
Quote:
Would be if its my child and they pull some stunt like this. They WILL find their own place to live since they want to act like an adult and don't think they have to obey their parents then they can be an adult on their own.
Judge not, lest ye be judged...

Old 07-30-2012, 01:12 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,277,661 times
Quote:
Appeals court OKs teen abortion without notifying her parents

Then she can find herself her own home and pay her own way as well. Just where do these idiots think they get the power to tell a parent what they can and can not do with THEIR child. Baffles me....
Are the parents pregnant?
Funny, the potential parent doesn't get a say in your world?

You don't see the irony, do you?

Quote:
Maybe you missed the point that it is NOT your child.
Geez.

Quote:
Another fool. If my 16 year old wants to act like an adult she needs to take adult responsibility.
Again, not your daughter, is it?

Old 07-30-2012, 01:13 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
Well it's an easy out for the teen. She had her sex and got pregnant. Now she can just get an abortion and go home to Mommy and Daddy and they'll never know.

Old 07-30-2012, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Another fool. If my 16 year old wants to act like an adult she needs to take adult responsibility. Now if my daughter came to me and said she was pregnant me and her mother and our daughter would discuss the 2 options. Either adoption or she keeps the baby. She would not have the choice of abortion now if she decided to go around me and her mother and go to the courts to help her murder her baby then she is obviously old enough to take care of herself since she no longer needs her parents permission or guidance in her life. Figures you didn't read the link since I would only do that to my daughter IF she decided to disobey her parents and go to the courts. I am a very open minded parent I would be disappointed if my daughter or son for that matter got pregnant or got a girl pregnant but I would not throw them out or banish them unless they decided to go around me and my wife in our jobs as a parent. You may not like it and personally I don't care who doesn't like it. They are my children and until they are 18 what I say goes or they can get themselves emancipated if they think they can do so much better on their own.
Well, if your daughter ended up pregnant......so much for "what I say goes". At that point....you have already failed as a parent, haven't you? And then you want to make demands, then you want to parent.....too little, too late.

I would also like to add.....if you are going to demand that your daughter has the child and she keeps it.....I hope you are man enough to do it on YOUR dime.....not the taxpayers. See to it that you or your daughter supports that child WITHOUT relying on government handouts. If you want to take on the responsibilty of making all of the decisions.....take on ALL of the responsibilty.....not just some of it.

Old 07-30-2012, 01:24 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,870,989 times
Quote:
What makes you think that this 16-year-old's parents would react the way you say you would react?

Do you have a history of beating your children? Because this girl has testified that her parents have beaten her and her siblings.

Do you have a history of mentally and emotionally being your children? Because this girl has testified that her parents do have that history.

Just because you would react rationally, putting the interests of your daughter first, doesn't mean that other parents react the same way.

Old 07-30-2012, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Well it's an easy out for the teen. She had her sex and got pregnant. Now she can just get an abortion and go home to Mommy and Daddy and they'll never know.
Well......there are TWO teens here having sex and I assume their parents don't know. That horse is already out of the barn, isn't it?

Old 07-30-2012, 01:30 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
Quote:
Well......there are TWO teens here having sex and I assume their parents don't know. That horse is already out of the barn, isn't it?
But only the girl got pregnant. She is the one in court, not the boy.

Old 07-30-2012, 01:32 PM

1,403 posts, read 937,206 times
Quote:
Well, if your daughter ended up pregnant......so much for "what I say goes". At that point....you have already failed as a parent, haven't you? And then you want to make demands, then you want to parent.....too little, too late.

I would also like to add.....if you are going to demand that your daughter has the child and she keeps it.....I hope you are man enough to do it on YOUR dime.....not the taxpayers. See to it that you or your daughter supports that child WITHOUT relying on government handouts. If you want to take on the responsibilty of making all of the decisions.....take on ALL of the responsibilty.....not just some of it.
Where you think you get off trying to tell me what to do? Go play in traffic please. What my children do is none of your concern its mine and your fail parent horse dung is just that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies