Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2012, 11:14 AM

1,058 posts, read 1,159,946 times

Advertisements

Just two questions for the pro-lifers.

1. Do you feel that the morning after pill is abortion?

2. Do you feel that the extra fetuses that are created during IVF should be implanted?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2012, 11:15 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,207,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Book Lover 21 View Post
These posts remind me why this whole topic is so toxic. Oleg sounds like the most peaceful, loving person in the world (btw, someone tell my husband that I am leaving him for Oleg!!) But many of you have no qualms with tearing him apart. I didn't read anything where he wanted to force woman to go through with a live birth. He is just gently, carefully advocating for life.

After all, Mayor Bloomberg is "strongly encouraging" breastfeeding in NYC hospitals. That's okay, right? But Oleg can't strongly encourage women to consider life?

Just please really READ what he says before you spew your invective.
I have no problem with encouraging women to give birth, I have done so myself. What I have a problem with is using force of law to MAKE women give birth to a child.
Counsel all you want, offer your home to a potential child, offer to pay all costs of pregnancy, child birth, and raising that child to age of majority. But you, or anyone else can not FORCE any woman to give birth.

Old 07-31-2012, 11:21 AM

3,393 posts, read 4,011,503 times
[quote=Arus;25422035] You shed 30,000 - 40,000 skin cells a day (8 pounds of it in a year), so in essence, you should be preserving all those skin cells because they are "living" (and when you do shed them, they aren't "dead" cells)

History has proven you wrong. The majority is in our favor. As the old coots from the 60's age and die off, the new generation of intelligent people realize that women's rights outweigh the wants of the minority who are still stuck in the 17th century.

and she has the option of not being forced into one of the most dangerous health condition to a woman in her life. Pregnancy comes with a slew of health issues, including the death of the mother.

Courts have determined that a fetus has no rights.

That's one person, for another, having a baby or being pregnant could lead to more abuse, and teh child to be abused as well.

Anyway, why should we take anything that you say seriously, since you yourself are not even old enough to vote?[/quote]

Wait a minute, is she part of the new intelligent generation? Or is she not old enough to vote and thus not to be taken seriously. Make up your mind.

Old 07-31-2012, 11:30 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,046,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Don't be so proud- every nation on earth has it's pockets of "crap holes" - America has third world conditions here and there. The problem is not population...the problem is the lack of human intelligence..and the use of it..The earth can not generate more people than it can sustain- if the population gets to viciously large- Nature will abort full term humans all on it's own- Abortionists are like radical Islam- who are such infidels that they think GOD needs their help to kill--- Just like abortionists that believe that nature is weak and needs their help to kill off humans....both concepts are wrong.

There is no such thing as a forced birth anymore than there is such a thing as forced sex- other than rape- then that becomes another debate.. Also- what is it to a comfortable well fed American that they have to force their ideas about birth on others- at home and abroad...It's none of your business...right now I have to take care of business- I have to go water the garden...I suggest that pro-lifers and pro-death crowd do something useful and go out and water and bless some people - instead of hating your own species.....off goes this dumb lap top- cheers....
While your out there in your garden......don't pull any weeds.....they are a form of life too and deserve to live just as much as your precious sunflower.

Old 07-31-2012, 11:31 AM

1,438 posts, read 1,146,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
You shed 30,000 - 40,000 skin cells a day (8 pounds of it in a year), so in essence, you should be preserving all those skin cells because they are "living" (and when you do shed them, they aren't "dead" cells)

History has proven you wrong. The majority is in our favor. As the old coots from the 60's age and die off, the new generation of intelligent people realize that women's rights outweigh the wants of the minority who are still stuck in the 17th century.

and she has the option of not being forced into one of the most dangerous health condition to a woman in her life. Pregnancy comes with a slew of health issues, including the death of the mother.

Courts have determined that a fetus has no rights.

That's one person, for another, having a baby or being pregnant could lead to more abuse, and teh child to be abused as well.

Anyway, why should we take anything that you say seriously, since you yourself are not even old enough to vote?
It's different, and you know it.

http://sas-origin.onstreammedia.com/...tznnfmbeqa.gif

Abortion
Try again.

Are you saying that abortions have no risks?

Yes, and courts are always right.

Yes, abort the child because of all of the "ifs". If we all aborted based on "ifs", we would be extinct.

Its not about age, it's about right and wrong. My age has nothing to do with anything, and the fact that I am even on here expressing my opinion confidently and discussing it should make you want to take me seriously. But I couldn't care less about what you think of me or my age. Shall we get back on topic? Lets.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Obvious View Post
Just two questions for the pro-lifers.

1. Do you feel that the morning after pill is abortion?

2. Do you feel that the extra fetuses that are created during IVF should be implanted?
1. Yes

2. Idk, I'd have to think about that one for a while.

Last edited by CaseyB; 07-31-2012 at 02:39 PM.. Reason: copyright

Old 07-31-2012, 11:34 AM

3,393 posts, read 4,011,503 times
My personal opinion is that the baby boomers are not longer in their childbirth years, so, no longer having to face this decision, many have become pro-life in an effort to get into heaven.

This explains the chart posted above.

Old 07-31-2012, 11:40 AM

1,058 posts, read 1,159,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personwhoisaperson View Post

1. Yes

2. Idk, I'd have to think about that one for a while.
Thanks for responding!

I think there are a lot of troubling policy outcomes with the belief that the moment of conception grants 14th amendment personhood.

I also think that given people's knowledge and access to contraception it is crazy that there are still a bunch of unwanted pregnancies happening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Book Lover 21 View Post
My personal opinion is that the baby boomers are not longer in their childbirth years, so, no longer having to face this decision, many have become pro-life in an effort to get into heaven.

This explains the chart posted above.
Is that bad?

4,466 posts, read 1,606,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Don't be so proud- every nation on earth has it's pockets of "crap holes" - America has third world conditions here and there. The problem is not population...the problem is the lack of human intelligence..and the use of it..The earth can not generate more people than it can sustain- if the population gets to viciously large- Nature will abort full term humans all on it's own- Abortionists are like radical Islam- who are such infidels that they think GOD needs their help to kill--- Just like abortionists that believe that nature is weak and needs their help to kill off humans....both concepts are wrong.

There is no such thing as a forced birth anymore than there is such a thing as forced sex- other than rape- then that becomes another debate.. Also- what is it to a comfortable well fed American that they have to force their ideas about birth on others- at home and abroad...It's none of your business...right now I have to take care of business- I have to go water the garden...I suggest that pro-lifers and pro-death crowd do something useful and go out and water and bless some people - instead of hating your own species.....off goes this dumb lap top- cheers....
I respectfully disagree. There are already too many people for the world to sustain. I agree, why do you and other people think they can tell women what they can or can't do? Why I'd it ok for you to meddle but not others?

Old 07-31-2012, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Obvious View Post
Thanks for responding!

I think there are a lot of troubling policy outcomes with the belief that the moment of conception grants 14th amendment personhood.

I also think that given people's knowledge and access to contraception it is crazy that there are still a bunch of unwanted pregnancies happening.
No problem.

Such as?

Agreed!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies