Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2012, 04:52 PM

3,201 posts, read 3,857,922 times

Advertisements

I had a Chargrilled Chicken Breast Sandwich at Chick-Fil-A this afternoon with a cup of water.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2012, 04:54 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,228,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joebaldknobber View Post
I had a Chargrilled Chicken Breast Sandwich at Chick-Fil-A this afternoon with a cup of water.
As is your Constitutional right to do so. Hope you enjoyed it.

Old 07-30-2012, 04:56 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,351,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinArmageddons View Post
Right.

The million mom boycotts have been actively ignored. THere wasn't a big issue over Ellen Degeneras being the spokeswoman of JC Penny.
Nope

Old 07-30-2012, 04:58 PM

667 posts, read 516,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
If you had checked the links I directed you to, you would've been sure

Wrong. The evidence suggests that homosexuals "fail" at about the same rate if not LESS OFTEN than heterosexuals, in both marriage and parenting. Therefore, there is no justification for being pro-heterosexual marriage/parenting and anti-gay marriage/parenting.

And then you have people who want to blame it all on "God" or their religion. The fact is, the bible does not say gays shouldn't be allowed to marry or adopt. Only in regards to the verse where it says to kill them can a person claim the bible says they shouldn't be allowed to marry or adopt. And then the question becomes, "What about all the other people the bible says to kill?" Where is the opposition to people of different faiths getting married, for example? Nowhere. You know why? Because the want to keep gays from getting married or adopting is a personal prejudice. It cannot be defended using evidence, and it cannot be defended using religion.

And what have I said or done that makes you think I dislike the people rather than their actions?

The bible calls many things wrong. And yet, all the people who do these other things have all the rights enjoyed by anyone following the bible... except gays. Don't you find that just a little transparent?

And we don't have to discriminate against gays either.
To me, this is not about who makes the best parents. That does not determine my morals.

The consequence of rape is not the same as telling a lie. It is really not that hard to understand. As a society, we determine what are reactions to behaviours are and what boundries we set for recognition.

I know discrimate is being used to convey a negative persona of anyone who opposes gay mariage. However, you are choosing to discriminate against women as sexual partners.

We continue in this circuitous conversation but the point really is that you are desperately trying to justify your sexual preference as morally acceptable to those who strongly believe otherwise. Your approach is not convincing nor flattering for those you argue for. I refer to God and the Bible while you refer to articles related to parenting skills. I point to sexual design and you can only counter with your sexual desire. I tell you that I can like you while not liking your sexual oreintation and you say I can only agree with you or hate you. You project a very sad and close minded lifestyle.

Old 07-30-2012, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
As is your Constitutional right to do so. Hope you enjoyed it.
Actually, I don't need a Constitutional right to go to Chick Fil A.

Old 07-30-2012, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joebaldknobber View Post
I am going on Wednesday. I imagine with this boycott thing going on it won't be busy. But then again, I could be surprised.

Old 07-30-2012, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNEC_Dad View Post
Actually, I don't need a Constitutional right to go to Chick Fil A.
Freedom of choice, actually.

You're allowed to choose to go wherever you want.

Does it specifically say in the Constitution that you can choose to go Chick Fil A? No of course not and I'm not even suggesting that.

What I am saying though is that it's Joe's Constitutional...or rather American-born right to go to Chick Fil A. No one is going to demonize him for going there.

I choose not to go there because there isn't one near me and I don't like their food as it were.

I was a little vague, so I apologize for that.

Hope that clears it up.

Old 07-30-2012, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
Freedom of choice, actually.

You're allowed to choose to go wherever you want.

Does it specifically say in the Constitution that you can choose to go Chick Fil A? No of course not and I'm not even suggesting that.

What I am saying though is that it's Joe's Constitutional...or rather American-born right to go to Chick Fil A. No one is going to demonize him for going there.

I choose not to go there because there isn't one near me and I don't like their food as it were.

I was a little vague, so I apologize for that.

Hope that clears it up.
No clarity needed and I appologize that you didn't know that already.

Old 07-30-2012, 05:06 PM

Off to Chick Fil A, everyone have a great evening.

Old 07-30-2012, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNEC_Dad View Post
No clarity needed and I appologize that you didn't know that already.
lol I already knew that, but apparently you were confused.

Can't say I'm surprised though.

Enjoy your meal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies