Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2012, 02:44 PM

1,692 posts, read 1,959,158 times

Advertisements

A lesbian couple was recently shot in a Texas park and another was attacked in Nebraska and had slurs carved into her body. This is what your attitude engenders, OP.

If that's not hate, I'm not sure what is. I'd rather have my business boycotted any day than have "dyke" carved into my face.

Where's the outrage from you about those acts?

Last edited by gallowsCalibrator; 07-31-2012 at 02:47 PM.. Reason: Discussion of moderator action
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2012, 02:48 PM

8,323 posts, read 15,164,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazzer View Post
The sale is an obstruction to business. Thats all he needs to show.
Not sure how you can go about proving this, but the gay couple was illegally discriminated against. Plain and simple.

Old 07-31-2012, 02:49 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,197,584 times
Quote:
The sale is an obstruction to business. Thats all he needs to show.
Selling something he sells is an obstruction of business? What?

Old 07-31-2012, 02:54 PM

390 posts, read 265,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gallowsCalibrator View Post
Not sure how you can go about proving this, but the gay couple was illegally discriminated against. Plain and simple.
The elimination of private property rights is the true tragedy here.

As a business owner, he/she should have the right to serve AND refuse service to whoever they want for whatever reason they decide.

It is their capital, their risk, and their decision. Government has no power to dictate who I must and must not deal with in my business.

Old 07-31-2012, 02:55 PM

3,448 posts, read 3,131,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by db108108 View Post
A lesbian couple was recently shot in a Texas park and another was attacked in Nebraska and had slurs carved into her body. This is what your attitude engenders, OP.

If that's not hate, I'm not sure what is. I'd rather have my business boycotted any day than have "dyke" carved into my face.

Hold on...freaks that hurt people like that are not anti gay....they are anti people and simply try to excuse violence with a pseudo psycho reason.

Violence comes in many forms, Id say dressing up and displaying non-sense to young students a remark of violence against their normally expected life future goals and hopes..little girls drag around little dolls and young male toddlers romance their mother in very cute innocent ways....Presenting adult role model examples in the rejection of whats naturally inherent in children is a clear violence disrupting the flow of momentum in the designs within gender...It is an adult example which militates against embedded hope, a violence.
I'd like to see the gay people dress up for the interview to "get the job in the first place in education...

Old 07-31-2012, 02:55 PM

2,463 posts, read 2,787,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by db108108 View Post
Okay, let's post that again since a moderator didn't deem it as "appropriate." For some reason, the mods at CD find it perfectly reasonable to hate gays, but don't like so much when the gays strike back.

It's just the way it is. A perfect situation. It's like your being held down, and can't fight back.

Last edited by 9162; 07-31-2012 at 02:57 PM.. Reason: edited quote to reflect current version

Old 07-31-2012, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Pancake View Post

As a business owner, he/she should have the right to serve AND refuse service to whoever they want for whatever reason they decide.

It is their capital, their risk, and their decision. Government has no power to dictate who I must and must not deal with in my business.
Except it's not private property rights at play here. The business is considered a public accommodation. In Colorado, public accommodations cannot discriminate based upon race, gender, blah, blah blah - up to and including sexual orientation.

That law is in play because of scenarios like this.

And quite frankly, if somebody doesn't like the laws in place that deal with their business, then they need to close their doors or petition to change the laws.

Old 07-31-2012, 02:59 PM

3,448 posts, read 3,131,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Selling something he sells is an obstruction of business? What?

If you back up and read the posts, it will be easier to follow

Old 07-31-2012, 03:00 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,041,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Pancake View Post
Not really.

A boycott is not going to eliminate private property rights

Quote:
Unless that reason is discriminatory, like in this particular case.

Old 07-31-2012, 03:00 PM

Quote:
If you back up and read the posts, it will be easier to follow
You mean the blathering post where you attempted to claim that a heterosexual would boycott the place because they sold to a homosexual?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies