Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2012, 04:34 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,659,127 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilVA View Post
Violation of California Law.
I know, but I disagree with the law. I don't think government should have the power to force private business owners to serve anyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2012, 05:54 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,446,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
It'll be fun to watch their yelp.com review rating drop in the coming days. It's started - the last 2 ratings are due to this story.

Shangri-La Hotel - Santa Monica - Santa Monica, CA
They've got stinky reviews going back to 2010.

I've never heard of anybody staying here or recommending it.

Old 07-31-2012, 05:59 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,917,108 times
Default Hold the press!

Quote:
The Muslim owner of the Shangri-La says that the participants in a pro-Israeli event were trespassing.
An anti-semetic Muslim business owner? I'm shocked, shocked I tell you.

What does CAIR have to say on this one?

Old 07-31-2012, 06:16 PM

3,201 posts, read 3,856,223 times
Arabs are Semitic.

Maybe the Muslims were Persian, East Asian, or European?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
An anti-semetic Muslim business owner? I'm shocked, shocked I tell you.

Old 07-31-2012, 07:05 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,347,105 times
Messed up. Where was this person's ethics? Really....money trumps. Business rules. Turn away Jews with money? Now....that is beyond messed up. And stupid. Business people need to act professional and put their own biases away.

The only issue is....what if she had a Jewish party...and all of her rich Arab friends were offended? Maybe they spend more than a token Jewish party...

Old 07-31-2012, 07:24 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
If you stay at a non-major chain, you can bet it is owned by middle eastern, or Indian.

Old 07-31-2012, 08:15 PM

3,617 posts, read 3,881,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
The law suit is sort of like a Georgian owned hotel discriminating against Friends of the Russia Army;

A black hotel discriminating against the Sons of the Confederacy;

A Chinese owned hotel discriminating against the Friends of the Japanese Imperial Army;

A Kurdish owned hotel discriminating against the Friends of the Baath Party;

I could go on for days.
Quote:
Adaya Tehmina learned that they were Jews, she canceled the party despite which had been approved by the hotel management before.The news media reports that when Adaya made the discovery, she shouted, "Get the fu**ing Jews out of my pool.
Quote:
"Get the fu**ing Jews out of my pool.
Replace 'Jews' with the N-word (or even a more polite "blacks") and you would be FURIOUS.

Further, every single one of you in this thread defending "Get the fu**ing [Jews in this case, but insert any ethnic group here] out of my pool" in AMERICA should feel ashamed of yourselves. Your politics with regard to the middle east is irrelevant - this is not acceptable behavior in this country.

Last edited by ALackOfCreativity; 07-31-2012 at 08:24 PM..

Old 07-31-2012, 08:22 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,414,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALackOfCreativity View Post
Replace 'Jews' with the N-word (or even a more polite "blacks") and you would be FURIOUS.

You are being the worst kind of hypocrite here.

Further, every single one of you in this thread defending "Get the fu**ing [Jews in this case, but insert any ethnic group here] out of my pool" in AMERICA should feel ashamed of yourselves. Your politics with regard to the middle east is irrelevant - this is not acceptable behavior in this country.
You might lack creativity but you certainly don't lack logic. You hit the nail on the head.

Old 08-01-2012, 02:42 AM

3,437 posts, read 6,072,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ancap View Post
They were trespassing or can you not read that well? Course I wouldn't want supporters of the murderous IDF in my hotel either christ that's like inviting the SS over.

Try reading the whole article.

Old 08-01-2012, 03:13 AM

4,698 posts, read 4,070,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
The anti-religion crowd will be along shortly to defend the behavior....

Ironic that the liberal "gay rights" party defends a religion who would just as soon hang them as cut their heads off because they are gay or support gay rights.
Most american liberals won't, luckily.

However, shamefully many Europeans such as the Swedes would.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies