Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2012, 03:14 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,820,368 times

Advertisements

You would be surprised how many of these elite have this dated and stereo-typical notion that Jews are all brilliant- they are all magicians when it come too money and they are all lurking in the shadows controlling the international banking system..This is a myth-Jews are no more clever or shrewd than any one else...When I saw Allan Greenspan address Congress- He walked out and they stood in applause as if god had arrived....the great Jew with the magic money want...it was silly the way the view him...In the end Greenspan said - Sorry guys I can not keep making something out of nothing.. and he walked away- Israel is just an imperial out post for America...in time they will be dumped...America is a user...not a friend to Israel.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2012, 03:29 PM

5,960 posts, read 5,546,690 times
The list of the great things Israel has done for America is too long to list here.

But here are just a few of them...

Spoiler

Old 07-31-2012, 03:56 PM

1,303 posts, read 1,098,094 times
What minority group controls a large share of our media and money (banks)?

And are the media and banks truthful or dishonest?

Old 07-31-2012, 06:00 PM

43,663 posts, read 44,393,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maurb View Post
I don't think there's any political downside to modifying or breaking the treaty outright.
The political downside would be a war in the Middle East which could effect the USA indirectly or perhaps directly!

Old 07-31-2012, 06:01 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,008,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maurb View Post
We're talking about a country with only about 6 million people(the size of a small US state) and a land mass similar to a New England state. Yet, they continue to get foreign aid from us and we keep finding ourselves in conflict with other middle-eastern countries, due in no small part to our defense of Israel. One can even argue that 911 was spawned by resentment of our aiding and abetting Israel.

All of the untold billions we spend a year on Israel is akin to the Neocon's version of welfare yet, nobody in Washington has the balls to question it.

Why all the sanctimonious treatment? It's not as if Jews make up a significant part of our population.
Define the "political class".

Old 07-31-2012, 06:05 PM

43,663 posts, read 44,393,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I'm not anything close to being an Anti-Semite, and we shouldn't give a DIME to Israel in the form of foreign aid. I know we agreed to it some years ago, but it's an anachronism. Moreover, Israel can EASILY raise the 3 billion dollars they get from us from private donors (and they really don't need it from them either). Israel is a wealthy nation...the wealthiest in it's immediate region, and it's flat out robbery for them to take a red nickel from us.
I would think that Saudi Arabia which is in the same region as Israel is much richer than Israel.

If the USA stops the financial aid to Israel it should also stop the financial aid to Egypt which is part of same financial aid package that USA is obligated to pay as part of the Egypt-Israel Peace Treaty of 1979.

Old 07-31-2012, 06:26 PM

57,285 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by russiaonline View Post
Israel is of a huge importance to maintain American military presence in the ME. The question is - why do you need it? A rhetorical question.
We have heard that generalization for decades what does their presence in the ME do for us, nothing. Does our connection to Israel offer us an advantage with Egypt, Syria, Iran, Libya. We cannot use their bases, they cannot attack any Arab country other than Palestine, what's the point. They need us, we do not need them at all, our connection to Israel is a huge liability with the arab world that surrounds them.

Would love to hear any specifics on "military presence" and how that benefits the US.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies