Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2012, 05:54 PM

37,221 posts, read 19,219,451 times

Advertisements

From an interview that Page did on Label 56, a white supremacist website. His band was promoted on Stormfront's website. Yet he was still able to legally purchase a firearm.

This is why there should be background checks for anyone who wants to purchase a firearm. People who are members of hate groups like Stormfront and their ilk should be refused.

Chilling Interview with Oak Creek Shooter Wade Michael Page | Liberal Info
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2012, 07:20 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,712,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
From an interview that Page did on Label 56, a white supremacist website. His band was promoted on Stormfront's website. Yet he was still able to legally purchase a firearm.

This is why there should be background checks for anyone who wants to purchase a firearm. People who are members of hate groups like Stormfront and their ilk should be refused.

Well even if he was associated with the Nazi skin heads, if he had no crimminal record then he could still get a gun.

So again the gun grabbers feeble attempts fall flat.

I would consider the many in the Democratic Party part of a hate group. Should I be able to restrict them from purchasing guns?

Old 08-06-2012, 08:07 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,410,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Well even if he was associated with the Nazi skin heads, if he had no crimminal record then he could still get a gun.

So again the gun grabbers feeble attempts fall flat.

I would consider the many in the Democratic Party part of a hate group. Should I be able to restrict them from purchasing guns?
Obviously you're unfamiliar with hate groups.

Old 08-06-2012, 08:10 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,410,261 times
Quote:

Actually that was a chilling interview. I read it. I am wondering if Page decided that he would try to "End Apathy" (as he saw it) by taking the actions he took...

Old 08-06-2012, 08:11 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,316,377 times
Unfortunately, you can't ban someone from purchasing a gun just because they're using their 1st amendment rights, assuming they haven't yet acted on any of their vile hate and disgusting rhetoric.

Old 08-06-2012, 08:23 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,421,542 times
Quote:

So anyone from Occupy is disqualified? What about black activists or La Raza?

I searched for "hate republicans" and there were more hits than I could ever visit. Guess they should be banned also. In fact, we should just lock them up before they act.

Old 08-06-2012, 09:02 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,712,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Obviously you're unfamiliar with hate groups.
YOU, pay attention to the next post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post

I searched for "hate republicans" and there were more hits than I could ever visit. Guess they should be banned also. In fact, we should just lock them up before they act.

Old 08-06-2012, 11:36 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,716,559 times
You do have to wonder what's changed in America that a couple generations ago, thousands of Americans died fighting Nazis and Nazis weren't allowed here but now they are. Communists also weren't allowed here and now are allowed.

And if you forbid white race groups, you would have to also ban all the La Raza, Mecha, Black Panthers and so on also.

Old 08-07-2012, 02:46 AM

6,193 posts, read 5,370,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post

And lest we forget:

Old 08-07-2012, 02:53 AM

22,632 posts, read 14,948,315 times
I think bringing in other racist groups is irrelevant.

To stay on topic, the murderer of so many innocent people in this case was a white supremacist skinhead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies