Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2012, 08:59 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,643,519 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
Liberalism is extreme. It is all about beating people into submission. They are angry little people who cannot stand it when others are not dependant.

LIBERALISM IS EXTREME and this thread is all the proof anyone needs.
According to another poster, you will have to prove your assertion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2012, 08:59 AM

20,457 posts, read 12,376,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
I wish people would stop misusing the term liberalism. Today's "liberal" is as far removed from classic liberalism as today's moderate Republican is removed from Conservatism. The real statist extremism is modern Progressivism (on both sides of the aisle), Neo-Marxism/Pan-Leninism & Maoism.
blather. everyone here knows what is meant by liberal. we arent talking about Adams. we are talking about modern American liberals. And yes there are statists in both parties.

move on.

Old 08-01-2012, 09:03 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,675,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Uh.....................

You might want to review the video. With an open mind. He said what he said, and he was NOT referring to infrastructure. Stop drinking the MSNBC kookaid and think for yourself. We KNOW what he said. And we are pizzed!

He was right about one thing, though: There are a lot of smart, hard working people out there. Unfortunately for him, his minions aren't amongst those smart, hard working people.
Not so fast! There are a lot of smart hard working people who work hard to get those ObamaCare waivers, work hard to get those $500 million taxpayer guaranteed loans, work hard to get all sorts of Obama kickbacks and free stuff.

5,787 posts, read 4,714,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
No....you directly called me a liar.

My words are there in print. That's what you called a lie.

I notice you've YET to PROVE YOUR assertion that I lied.

20,457 posts, read 12,376,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post

i will be glad to. see the OP of this thread.

Old 08-01-2012, 09:07 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,666,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Not so fast! There are a lot of smart hard working people who work hard to get those ObamaCare waivers, work hard to get those $500 million taxpayer guaranteed loans, work hard to get all sorts of Obama kickbacks and free stuff.
And work hard to waddle their fat butts into a motorized cart at Walmart so they can get their Twinkies with food stamps that I paid for. And then bellyache and complain because the Twinkies are on a shelf too high for them to reach from their motorized carts.

I stand corrected.

Old 08-01-2012, 09:23 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,582,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Obama was not talking about building roads, he specifically said "somebody financed roads and bridges" he was not referring to building them.

It is clear as a bell, from the pause used to put emphasis on the word "business" and then reemphasizing the word by verbally pointing to it and saying "that", it's clear he wanted his audience to know that he was referring to "business" and how business owners did not make their businesses happen on their own.

"If you've got a business, .... that, .... you didn't build that. Somebody else, made that happen."
Exactly. The context also includes his statments about people thinking they're doing well because they're so smart and are hard workers - he was trying to refute those points. In that effort he refers to the infrastructure etc.

Old 08-01-2012, 09:28 AM

1,187 posts, read 995,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oduval00 View Post
So two weeks ago I found an interesting list of companies that ThinkProgress.org posted an article about listing all the companies and brands that support and donate to right-wing attack ads. You can read that thread here. A Guide to Consumer Brands Helping Bankroll Right-Wing Attack Ads

Here's another interesting list of companies the left has planned to boycott that I found surfing through the internet. Prepare to laugh and take note.

From Liberal Info - List of Companies Supporting Right-Wing and Tea Party Causes and Candidates to Boycott

Is this insane or what? I thought it was a joke at first. I can't believe these people are seriously about to boycott all these companies. Good luck liberals.
Interesting that I didn't see any of the Science Channel or Discovery Channel shows listed under the Koch Brothers who are HUGE sponsors/donors to some pretty major programs on there. Guess they don't pay attention to whos paying for those?

Old 08-01-2012, 09:41 AM

29,407 posts, read 21,999,290 times
Are you saying they are cheating on their little boycott list? LOL

These folks definitely have too much time on their hands. Maybe like some have said if they spent as much time trying to find a job as they do with this nonsense the country would be better off. Of course then some of their dollars would be stolen to pay for their buddies to laugh at em and boycott stuff so they would probably claim mental distress for getting bullied and go on disability in the end.

Old 08-01-2012, 09:45 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,525,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Looking thru that list and I am happy to report that the only thing that is there that I watch is Natgeo. And I don't buy any of the listed products.
Same here....clean conscience
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies