Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2012, 11:35 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,782,788 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
Funny how in europe most people don't have guns to protect themselves and the murder rates aren't even close to ours .
BINGO!
'Paranoia strikes deep. Into your mind it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... '
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2012, 11:43 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
Funny how in europe most people don't have guns to protect themselves and the murder rates aren't even close to ours .
Funny how this isn't Europe.

Old 08-02-2012, 11:48 PM

441 posts, read 501,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brookline_sylvia View Post
If you don't like guns, don't buy one.
That doesn't really work.. when everybody else is armed like a Somali warlord.

Old 08-02-2012, 11:52 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,782,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brookline_sylvia View Post
If you don't like guns, don't buy one.
Pacifists don't! They just prefer that non pacifists keep their bullets all to themselves. Their point, and the point of civilization (it's protection of children), trumps a bullets right to exist in their chests. Those who cannot handle the responsibility of bearing arms should rightfully be prohibited from doing so. THE END.

-OR-

LOONEY TUNES UNITE!!! ZOMBIES AND GANGSTERS UNITE!!! I OFFER YOU A $5 BOUNTY, A DOSE OF CRACK, OR A DOSE OF METH!!!

SHOOT THE NRA UNTIL THEY GET THE POINT!

Old 08-03-2012, 12:23 AM

9,827 posts, read 6,936,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Gun? Yes people should be able to have one. I just don't feel like I need to have access to another M16. Nor any other citizen for that matter.
M-16? Who has one? A M-16 is a fully automatic weapon and there are only a few available. It requires a ClassIII . No crimes have been committed with an M-16 that I am aware of...

Old 08-03-2012, 01:36 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
That's why I don't have a smoke detector...because my home has never had a fire.

Great logic.
I cook with flames and have elements in my home that could combust so I'm ok with smoke alarms, although they have gone off many times when the kitchen got smokey, lot's of false alarms. Annoying but no guns were fired.

The logic is more like "that's why I don't keep rattle snake anti venom in my fridge". I mean, there is always a chance I could get bit by one but considering the odds I don't think about it, even when seconds count.

Old 08-03-2012, 05:26 AM

14,247 posts, read 17,922,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by transatlantic View Post
That doesn't really work.. when everybody else is armed like a Somali warlord.
But everyone isn't. Lots of people don't have guns. Most of the people who do have them do not feel the need to flaunt them like an extension of their penis. The C-D gun lobby is not representative.

Old 08-03-2012, 05:31 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,111,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
BINGO!
'Paranoia strikes deep. Into your mind it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... '
"..step outta line, they come and take you away..."

Love that song...

Old 08-03-2012, 09:44 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,369,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
You are anti-gun, there are several small kids in your home, in the middle of the night five or six robbers burst into your home.

You call 911 but it will be 15 minutes until the police arrive.

Now what do you think of "only the police and army should have guns"?
You may have whatever weapons you wish in your home, as afforded by your circumstances and the law. As for me, no, there are no and will be no firearms in my home.

Old 08-03-2012, 09:59 AM

3,869 posts, read 15,171,657 times
As a former boy scout.
I'll be prepared.

East Europe beats us and Europe is right below us.
they are hardly the sits some would have you believe.

Scotland has the second highest murder rate in western Europe and Scots are more than three times more likely to be murdered than people in England and Wales, according to a study by the World Health Organisation.The study, based on the latest crime figures from 21 western European countries, finds that only Finland has a higher murder rate than Scotland.
Scotland's homicide rate is 2.33 deaths for every 100,000 people each year, compared with 0.7 in England and Wales. In Spain it is 1.02, and in Italy 0.96. Germany has western Europe's lowest murder rate: 0.68 per 100,000 people.
While Finland's high murder rate is attributed to its liberal penal policy, which sees offenders sent to jail only as a very last resort, Scotland's rate is put down to the use of alcohol and drugs.
Attached Thumbnails
You have small children, middle of the night, your home is invaded, still against guns?-capturemurder-r.jpg  
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies