Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2012, 08:26 PM

681 posts, read 1,672,122 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crescent22 View Post
Slap in the face for those who go through the legal immigration route, a process that costs upwards of $2,000 through various fees to file forms.
Agreed, this is the part that pisses me off. I spent thousands of dollars on fees and legal consultation to bring my wife here legally, waited 1+ years, and here we give these illegals a pass to cut to the front of the line.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2012, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Punisher View Post
Man all the blind love for Obama in this forum. There is no sense argeuing with these people. Obama has paid them off with endless welfare, disablitly, & unemployment checks as well as free healthcare. Of course they are gonna support the guy. Come November hopefully there will be a change.
Agreed.... I will be there to vote, along with my family and friends.

Old 08-01-2012, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
I don't get any of that, but I am sure you would enjoy any one of those things if you ever were laid off or injured where you couldn't work. Funny how you talk about the poor as if they are all the problem in the world. Guessing you are listening to what the Republicans are telling you, blame the poor rather than the ones in charge and how they use the system to ********* over without you knowing.
What percentage of people are abusing welfare? I'm sure any of us who gets laid off will be next in line applying for unemployment, and other benefits. What boggles my mind is the amount of people who are healthy and able to work, but choose not to work and milk the system. When I see so many luxury cars parked in lower income areas it kinda makes me wonder how they can afford them.

Old 08-01-2012, 08:36 PM

Quote:
No, he is a politician, if you believe he is some sort of savior then you have no idea how politics work. I vote for those that fit my beliefs and are for goals that I support which include helping the people.

I always laugh though at people who blame the poor, have you ever been poor or tried to live that lifestyle, nothing about it is exciting or wonderful that you are trying to make it sound. Those that are in that situation are struggling to put food on their table and have a roof over their head, but those nets are in place to prevent people from dropping further into poverty and to provide safety nets for people like us in the middle class in case something bad happens in our lives. Which I hope nothing bad ever happens in your life, but if it ever does keep in mind that we Democrats are the ones that are there to make sure you don't fall too far and have that safety net to help you back on your feet.

Also, about 1/3 of the people that use those programs are elderly and another 1/3 are disabled people, the last 1/3 make up the children that benefit from these programs and only a small percentage are people who abuse the system. So keep that in mind when you wish to punish the poor.
I have come across a lot of people who look up to Obama as if he were some type of celebrity, or divine savior....I don't know.

I have no problem with the elderly, or disabled getting benefits, its the able bodied people that abuse the system!

Last edited by Mr. Chad; 08-01-2012 at 09:13 PM..

Old 08-01-2012, 08:39 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
This administration follows the laws when it suits their needs. Otherwise it's EO it or flat out ignore it.

So they don't collect the fee. Who is going to call them out on it ?
We bombed Libya for pete's sake without following the law and no one got in trouble for that did they ?

Old 08-01-2012, 08:46 PM

29,823 posts, read 24,908,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SobroGuy View Post
Sounds like you have all the proof you need...plus you already have all the irrefutable evidence that he was born in Kenya, is a muslim, has no birth certificate, hates America, eats white babies, and is descended from Martians. I agree...let's impeach..it's a slam dunk.
I'm glad SOMEBODY gets it. This guy is a criminal of the highest order. No-bama 2013.

Old 08-01-2012, 09:47 PM

387 posts, read 680,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njnyckid View Post
I guess some people don't know that in his 4 years Obama has deported more illegal immigrants than Bush did in his entire 8 years.
I do know this. Bam has also made it easier for them to waltz right back in 7 stay here, by cuting funding for the border partol & inacting insane policies like the one being dicussed in this thread.

Old 08-01-2012, 09:53 PM

387 posts, read 680,330 times
Quote:
No, he is a politician, if you believe he is some sort of savior then you have no idea how politics work. I vote for those that fit my beliefs and are for goals that I support which include helping the people.

I always laugh though at people who blame the poor, have you ever been poor or tried to live that lifestyle, nothing about it is exciting or wonderful that you are trying to make it sound. Those that are in that situation are struggling to put food on their table and have a roof over their head, but those nets are in place to prevent people from dropping further into poverty and to provide safety nets for people like us in the middle class in case something bad happens in our lives. Which I hope nothing bad ever happens in your life, but if it ever does keep in mind that we Democrats are the ones that are there to make sure you don't fall too far and have that safety net to help you back on your feet.

Also, about 1/3 of the people that use those programs are elderly and another 1/3 are disabled people, the last 1/3 make up the children that benefit from these programs and only a small percentage are people who abuse the system. So keep that in mind when you wish to punish the poor.

The problem with this way of thinking is that people who really need help don't always get that help because there are more people gaming the system by never leaving it.

I read a report recently that 1 out of every 625 people are on some type of goverment assitance in this country. Nea.rly 9 million people in this country are on some type of federal aid. Many of them have been on this aid for 10 years or more.

The disabiltly fund will run out of money in 2014. The real people who need it like the Elderly & truly less forunate will the ones being screwed.

Obama has been pushing for an entittlement socalist state since he was elected. HE continues spending money we don't have with at a non sustainable pace. He had more than doubled our deficet, unemployment offically is 8.7%. The real number is around 14-15%.

At some point Obama has to own up to his failures. he bottom line to a sustainable viable country is economic growth & national security home & abroad, we have none of that right now. All the things people tout that Obama has done amount to a hill of beans if the afore mentioned things are not acomplished.

LBJ was a great man with great vison, who acomplished many things. He is only remembered for one thing, Vietnam. Carter a nice man, terrible president. Obama will be judged as worse than Carter.

Last edited by Baby Punisher; 08-01-2012 at 10:02 PM..

Old 08-02-2012, 09:14 AM

9,240 posts, read 8,668,081 times
Quote:
I guess some people don't know that in his 4 years Obama has deported more illegal immigrants than Bush did in his entire 8 years.
Do you believe that?

Old 08-02-2012, 12:04 PM

62,953 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
I guess you didn't know that even Obama said those numbers were skewered because it includes those being sent back at the border and those who have left voluntarily. I guess you didn't know that he also gave instructions to Homeland Security not to deport any illegal immigrants that haven't been convicted of a felony and gave over 1 million of those a stay of deportation along with work permits? It helps to see the whole picture, doesn't it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies