Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2012, 12:05 PM

390 posts, read 265,825 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cap1717 View Post
if you were a parent of one of the folks murdered in the theatre in Colorado, would you still wish that the perpetrator had guns rather than knives, or sticks and stones, or other such weapons. . . . . .?
The person is to blame, not the tool used.

Even one of the victims brothers said that event was not a reason to politicize the shooting and turn it into a debate on gun control.

Fortunately he had the emotional maturity to realize that guns are not to blame, but the whackjob who actually did the killing bears the blame alone.

It's pathetic to see how many emotional infants are in this country who want to blame an inanimate object for the actions of its human operator.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2012, 12:51 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,966,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Ten years ago I wanted to find the truth and went searching... I noticed that most of the world was governed by fear- a natural fear. I wanted to over come the natural and be more super natural....fear- became a project for a while- I had a friend down the road with an enclosed yard..In that yard was a very large Saint Bernard dog....usually this breed is gentle- This 200 pound monster was protective and vicious . If I was going to visit..I would have to call first and the owner would have to contain the animal..

Eventually I thought - this dog thrives on my fear...If I exercised the idea of fear removal could I control this mutt...The process took place in degrees...The dog backed off slightly but when it sensed a tiny bit of fear it would embolden and attack...next time my confidence was greater...the dog let me in the yard but followed me growling waiting for me to lose my resolve...Eventually...all the fear was gone...I had total control over the huge dog....and learned a lesson....evil feeds fear....violence feeds on fear....cowards and bullies feed on fear.

America is a nation that lives in fear- the so-called war on terror proved this...Terrorists would have no power without fear...Those who need guns are governed by fear....There is a place for guns..but not in the hands of the fearful..Because they will lose all good judgement and always use the weapon in panic....just sayin
Evidently you have never met a meth head looking for more money, and too fubared to understand you ain't got any more.... The chump has made a living of hurting people weaker than he is, and gets to go to jail 6 times which is most of his life, and after the sheep release him each time he does more harm, and often is not caught for many more times, Also bail is set and jumped over and over many times...

I don't fear chumps like that but i don't want to get bloodies by hitting one either, not these days..
I don;t fear the chump, I fear what's in his blood!

Old 08-02-2012, 01:07 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,966,028 times
Quote:
if you were a parent of one of the folks murdered in the theatre in Colorado, would you still wish that the perpetrator had guns rather than knives, or sticks and stones, or other such weapons. . . . . .?
I am a member of a family where 2 people were stabbed to death.

Since that day i have carried every place i ever went, and have no plans to stop. That counted a 40 state motorcycle ride with my wife.

I was legal in some states and not in others. That's plain just too bad.
I'ld rather be tried by 12, than carried by 6...

Where it gets interesting is I have different guns to carry depending on weather, my mood, where I am going, how I will be dressed, and etc.

Calling me as some do here 'Living in Fear' won't change the fact i am not. I don't lock any doors unless everyone leaves which is seldom, all the vehicals are parked with the keys in them too.

I am prepared for blizzards, high winds, and power outages for so long as 6 weeks.

Guns to me are simply tools...

Old 08-02-2012, 01:08 PM

3,088 posts, read 5,355,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Pancake View Post
The person is to blame, not the tool used.

Even one of the victims brothers said that event was not a reason to politicize the shooting and turn it into a debate on gun control.

Fortunately he had the emotional maturity to realize that guns are not to blame, but the whackjob who actually did the killing bears the blame alone.

It's pathetic to see how many emotional infants are in this country who want to blame an inanimate object for the actions of its human operator.
so. . . .you deny that an "unbalanced" person is able to be just as dangerous and deadly without a gun, than with a gun? You KNOW that is untrue
\

Old 08-02-2012, 01:25 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,452,578 times
Quote:
so. . . .you deny that an "unbalanced" person is able to be just as dangerous and deadly without a gun, than with a gun? You KNOW that is untrue
\
Just ask Timothy McVeigh, or the 9/11 terrorists. No guns were involved.

Old 08-02-2012, 01:27 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,740,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
Just ask Timothy McVeigh, or the 9/11 terrorists. No guns were involved.

That's true. And if you look at the history of mankind, millions and millions of people have been killed without guns.

Old 08-02-2012, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Calling me as some do here 'Living in Fear' won't change the fact i am not.
Of course not. You carry for the same reason most people carry, so you do not have to live in fear. I would never go into the Alaskan bush unarmed for the exact same reason. True fear is knowing that you cannot defend yourself if attacked.

Old 08-02-2012, 01:32 PM

20,459 posts, read 12,381,706 times
Yes if we could get rid of all weapons that use projectiles and iron ships and all kinds of cars.

so long as we can keep AC.

Old 08-02-2012, 01:44 PM

390 posts, read 265,825 times
Quote:
\
Considering that "unbalanced" people are a very small amount of the population, the point is moot. You do not penalize the whole for the actions of a few.

For arguments sake, I will answer your question: Lets use the Aurora nutjob as an example. Obviously a very intelligent kid, he had the knowledge to manufacture explosives that he left in his apartment allegedly.

Take away his gun, and what does he do? He drives his car through a crowd of people, or worse, he uses his intellect to create and deploy explosives INSIDE the theater, possibly causing a much higher body count depending on the components used in his bombs.

An unbalanced person who is determined to injure/kill people no matter what tool is used, is just as dangerous without a gun as they are with a gun.

Old 08-02-2012, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
Yes if we could get rid of all weapons that use projectiles and iron ships and all kinds of cars.

so long as we can keep AC.
I question the need for air conditioning.

While I have not been able to find any confirmed deaths by air conditioners falling out of apartment buildings, there are links to deaths by air conditioner failure.

Evansville deaths linked to air conditioner failure
Bad air conditioner blamed in deaths of nine dogs at Westfield kennel | GazetteNET

FYI: It is currently 50°F here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies