Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2012, 03:59 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,731,507 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
Most gun people want the self defense from a perceived robber who would also be carrying a gun. That is eliminated if you have no guns, and its just his violence vs your violence.

magic wand??i would use it to get rid of all the thug types, rapest, thieves, bad politicians,and all the super greedy corrupt elite!! then guns would not matter..

and i would poof up a winning ticket to the powerball
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2012, 04:00 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,966,028 times
ban whining.....

Old 08-01-2012, 04:03 PM

2,725 posts, read 6,113,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Pancake View Post
So your solution would be to leave the 5' 100 lb woman unarmed against a 6'5 250lb rapist?
Typical fear mongering.

Old 08-01-2012, 04:03 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,003,340 times
Definitely not. As a military guy I like the idea of being able to aim in and shoot. I know that my enemy can do it, too, but I'll take my chances. It sure as hell beats lining up in a phalanx and using swords and spears!
Besides, at one point in man's history there were no guns. Guess what? We invented them. Take guns out of the picture and we still have war and violence, and would likely just resort to using other tools with which to destroy one another.

Old 08-01-2012, 04:05 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,003,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
magic wand??i would use it to get rid of all the thug types, rapest, thieves, bad politicians,and all the super greedy corrupt elite!! then guns would not matter..

and i would poof up a winning ticket to the powerball
Gee, there's a thought. Get rid of bad people instead of the tools they sometimes use. At least someone is not treating the symptom and ignoring the disease.

10,581 posts, read 9,783,616 times
If you could wave a magic wand and remove all guns from the face of the earth, would you?

Hell yes.

Then I could fire up the mill and the lathe, make a new one for myself, and rob and rape anyone I wanted to.

Payday!!!!!

9,984 posts, read 10,392,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by destinedtodave View Post
Hell, no. The physically weak would have no chance and we'd be back to the iron age ideal of "to the strong go the spoils".
That is probably true.

Old 08-01-2012, 04:07 PM

10,581 posts, read 9,783,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Clavin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Pancake
So your solution would be to leave the 5' 100 lb woman unarmed against a 6'5 250lb rapist?
Typical fear mongering.
Typical evasion and namecalling by someone who can't - or is afraid to - answer the question.

Last edited by Little-Acorn; 08-01-2012 at 04:27 PM..

390 posts, read 265,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Clavin View Post
Typical fear mongering.
Typical avoidance of a common sense question.

10,564 posts, read 12,820,368 times
Yes - I would get rid of all the guns in the world------Then I would have to wave my wand and get rid of all the people that figured out how to sharpen sticks into spears-------------after that - the skilled rock throwers would have to go...then all those with powerful hands and forearms would have to be tied up too keep from strangling their fellows..there would be no end.

The only plus with no guns in the world is that those who are not equal in brains- strength and skill...would stop committing crimes of violence- They would naturally be held in check. Most if not all criminals and cowards were disarmed- they would not rob or murder...because they would be the weaklings- Some punk who walks into a gas station with a gun and demands money- could not fight their way out of a wet paper bag...Guns have given the weak a sense of power- all gun crime creeps are worms....

Take their guns away and they would be out working a job and behaving themselves...as for a knife...You are taking your chances - a stronger faster person can turn that weapon on you......

My over view is that gun abuse does not occur when the strong hold the weapon but when the weak hold the weapon...I as a white person never feared shifty black youth...now I am weary of them because they may be packing a weapon and bad attitude. As a very young guy I spent a few nights in a city jail...I noticed there was a lot a violence- Black youth only fought in a swarming formation- on their own the average young black male who is so "gangsta" has no real skill when it comes to hand to hand combat....unless trained....and most are not trained and gun dependent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies