Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2012, 04:31 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,778,885 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by joebaldknobber View Post
Despite being a Muslim country, Egypt really knows how to party and widely accepts homosexuality.

Gay Arab Muslims-Party in Egypt
Really? Did you live in Egypt? Gays live in the shadows and underground. "Parties" such as the one you posted take place in homes. This is true in every Muslim country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2012, 04:38 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,778,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangman66 View Post
When I was deployed to the Middle East we were told that their views were that women are for reproducing and men are for pleasure. WHen we were able to go down town you would always see the females and children walking around together, and then you would see the guys walking around holding hands together. I was quite shocked, in a few occasions I saw some guys that were meeting friends apparently or had bumped into friends and they would kiss each other instead of say shaking hands.

DOnt get me wrong, not everyone was like this but way more than I would have ever imagined. I was not deployed to Egypt, but same area.
Have you ever put your arm around the shoulders of a buddy? Have you ever greeted another male with a hug? Or is that too gay for you? Have you been to France or any other European country where men "kiss" each other on the cheek (usually once on each cheek) and/or give a hug? Middle Easterners and Europeans are more open with their affection than Americans. It doesn't make them gay!!! If that's the case, my husband has been in the closet for the past 24 years. Maybe it's time I let him out??

Old 08-04-2012, 08:03 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,456,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
The penalty for homosexual activity under Sharia Law is often death.
I'm surprised Bible literalists aren't arguing for the same here.

Quote:
If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.
Leviticus 20:13 (KJV)

After all, if you're going to claim homosexuality is a sin on a Biblical basis, why not go the whole nine yards?

Old 08-04-2012, 11:24 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,766,724 times
How does a man lie with another man like he would a woman?

Old 08-04-2012, 11:28 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,094,770 times
Homosexuality is widely accepted in Egypt? Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Anybody remember the Cairo 52?

Old 08-04-2012, 11:30 AM

11,974 posts, read 25,460,386 times
Christians in the USA stand in line to support pro Christian businesses

Muslims in the Middle East stand in line for an opportunity to stone homosexuals to death

Old 08-04-2012, 11:53 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,720,646 times
maybe 'cause you can't tell the guy from the gals?

Old 08-04-2012, 11:57 AM

5,653 posts, read 5,150,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gallowsCalibrator View Post
I don't doubt that in 50-100 years, the Middle East will regard homosexuality the way America today does.
That badly eh? Oh well....

Old 08-04-2012, 12:50 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,668,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangman66 View Post
When I was deployed to the Middle East we were told that their views were that women are for reproducing and men are for pleasure. WHen we were able to go down town you would always see the females and children walking around together, and then you would see the guys walking around holding hands together. I was quite shocked, in a few occasions I saw some guys that were meeting friends apparently or had bumped into friends and they would kiss each other instead of say shaking hands.

DOnt get me wrong, not everyone was like this but way more than I would have ever imagined. I was not deployed to Egypt, but same area.
I saw that same thing at college here in the USA. Muslim men walk across campus holding hands all the time.

In a polygamist culture where only a few wealthy men can buy up all the women and girls, you would expect that the majority of men will turn to each other for romance and sex.

Old 08-04-2012, 01:05 PM

2,553 posts, read 2,434,822 times
A soldier who had served in Afghanistan told me about "man love" Thursday.

Afghanistan's dirty little secret - SFGate
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies