Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you consider voting for an atheist for president?
Yes 41 70.69%
No 11 18.97%
Not sure 6 10.34%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2012, 12:07 AM

1,391 posts, read 2,656,519 times

Advertisements

You think muslim terrorists are bad, just wait 'til the free world is attacked by <gasp> atheist terrorists! That'll be the end of times for sure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2012, 12:16 AM

24,488 posts, read 41,291,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ♪♫♪♪♫♫♪♥ View Post
You think muslim terrorists are bad, just wait 'til the free world is attacked by <gasp> atheist terrorists! That'll be the end of times for sure.
That won't happen. Atheist aren't united by a belief that influences their behavior. They think on their own. Religious (muslim, christian, etc) terrorists are under a spell that makes them think they are doing the duty of their god. This god is universal among their respective religion, so they will unite and work together. Being Atheist, by definition, means that this couldn't happen.

Old 08-02-2012, 01:25 AM

1,030 posts, read 1,278,973 times
I have yet to hear a valid argument as to why a President must be religious. America is just as much about protecting the state from religion as it is about religion from state. That was the balance that embodied American religious freedom. This isn't a theocracy.

Old 08-02-2012, 01:44 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,125,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by git45 View Post
I have yet to hear a valid argument as to why a President must be religious. America is just as much about protecting the state from religion as it is about religion from state. That was the balance that embodied American religious freedom. This isn't a theocracy.
What is so dangerous about religion in your mind that anyone needs to be protected from it?

Old 08-02-2012, 01:48 AM

1,058 posts, read 1,269,235 times
There was an article on reason.com regarding how atheists are viewed as less trustworthy than rapists in america.

Old 08-02-2012, 04:56 AM

218 posts, read 508,228 times
"Americans are stupid" is a pretty accurate stereotype.

Old 08-02-2012, 05:28 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,226,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Is your fantasy superior to mine? My dear friend....you will never rule...not in a million years...and the fact that you and your religion of atheism will ever prevail...is hilarious...My grandfather was asked one question before the atheists shot him back in old Russian..."Do you believe in God?" He refused to be ruled by a mere mortal...and he gave up his life rather than submit to an atheist....I just don't like any ideology that has murdered a family member- It may be closing on a hundred years but I don't forget or forgive.....Try another planet. Get off mine.
LOL! Ya, and christians never murdered anyone...LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!

My! How you have cleansed your history!!!!

Old 08-02-2012, 05:32 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,226,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
What is so dangerous about religion in your mind that anyone needs to be protected from it?
Why is your religion so weak it fears a secular leader of our country?

Oh, and BTW, history has proven that many people needed protection from religion....religion has killed millions...

Old 08-02-2012, 05:48 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,879,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
I would vote for a Muslim as long the individual was the best candidate and i could be convinced that they would not compromise our national security.

Any one who would reject the Supreme Being of the universe - probally would not get my vote - and realistically - no atheist would seriously run for president because they know that they would have zero chance of being elected. The American people value spiritual things - an atheist as president would make most voters very uncomfortable. I can deal with a Muslim - at least I know that they acknowledge Allah(God).

Allahu Akbar! Asalaam alaikum.
There is little respect for God by some of these ancient corporate collectivists. Sharia law is one created by human beings- It is harsh- it is unjust- it is cruel ....also----what about so called Muslim "extremists" that wage eternal war against all of humanity...The persecution and murder or those that do not fall into line with the strict doctrine?

Even if one Muslim has the idea that the ALL MIGHTY GOD is weak and needs assistance in the killing of so-called infidels...the world is at peril....God does not need the help of the Muslim war maker...for Muslim too insinuate through murder that God is not all mighty....defies logic.

Also: for the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt to allow and encourage the killing of Christians and the burning of Coptic Christian Churches in Egypt tells all...Jesus is mentioned in the Koran as a great and holy prophet...To kill a Christian makes them all hypocrites and liars.

Those that will kill Christians and Jews and atheists in the east- WILL continue to murder Christians and Jews in the west- If Islam was to take hold in North America in full force and authority- There would be pubic beheadings of anyone who would not comply........and a person like me - stating the truth would lose my head......Thank God....That if Islam took over the west- I will be long dead by that time- and at least be buried with my head still on my shoulders.

NO- Islam should NEVER be allowed to dominate the west...They under God are not fit to rule...Those who pander over and over again by shouting "God is great" are fools- We all know God is great- and God does not need some useless compliment.....It is time that human beings behaved in greatness...instead of even thinking of embracing a doctrine of sadism.

Old 08-02-2012, 05:52 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,879,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Why is your religion so weak it fears a secular leader of our country?

Oh, and BTW, history has proven that many people needed protection from religion....religion has killed millions...
Those under GOD do not kill anyone- Those hiding under the dark blanket of religion- do not believe in GOD....and they kill in the name of GOD....Most religious people are atheists....I wonder why the world has not figured this out- If a man screams God is great as he cuts your throat - he is NOT of God....He is a human monster.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies