Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you consider voting for an atheist for president?
Yes 41 70.69%
No 11 18.97%
Not sure 6 10.34%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2012, 05:54 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,869,763 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
LOL! Ya, and christians never murdered anyone...LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!

My! How you have cleansed your history!!!!
What makes you believe these people were Christians- those who murdered? They were not Christians- just declaring you are something does not make it so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2012, 05:55 AM

24,813 posts, read 24,475,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
AMERICANS have forgotten their own revolution already and what it was about....Do I need to remind you that when AMERICAN revolutionary forces were in full charge and going into battle - some ready to lose their lives for freedom - had a war cry....that war cry was against dictatorship through a monarchy....The war cry was never to submit to an earthly king......the war cry was NO KING BUT JESUS

Are you ready to have the war lord prophet Mohamed push Jesus off the American throne...and have Mohamed sit where Christ sat- the Christ that built the empire- are you ready to surrender all you fought for?
You do know that many of the founding fathers thought Jesus was a man, not a God right?

Google the Jeffersonian Bible. Jefferson felt that all miracles and supernatural events of the Bible were made up. So he got out his scissors and cut out all parts of the Bible that had Mosaic law, the "miracles of Jesus " and anything else like a fish swallowing Jonah, so he didn't have to read such hogwash.

Many founding father's were deists, who felt there is a Creator, but that Creator has no influence on earth past the point of creation.

Old 08-02-2012, 05:57 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,869,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
Hahahaha
Highly intelligent response....ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha .....did I out do you?

Old 08-02-2012, 06:01 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,215,268 times
Quote:
What makes you believe these people were Christians- those who murdered? They were not Christians- just declaring you are something does not make it so.
Your total ignorance of, or denial of, history will never change it. It's there for all to see

The history of christianity is one of blood, murder, torture, intimidation, rape, theft...and general all around scumbaggery...ya can't cover it up

Old 08-02-2012, 07:01 AM

13,680 posts, read 10,075,192 times
Quote:
Who wants a person in office who will one day stand up and say- There is no god- there is no god but me- I AM GOD. This is the final declaration of all atheists...I'm not ready to be ruled by a small g god....I avoid giving myself the title of God...That is just ground that you do not tread on..That has been rule since the advent of mankind....This law has sustained mankind and kept some sort of order for a million years- Last thing we need is a person who has the non-religion of atheist as President....That would be like taking the mythical Satan and giving him the big chair----------------sorry- not on my watch.
Um, no it's not.

What a ludicrous belief you have. How can someone declare themselves something that they don't believe exists? The fact that they exist and they believe God does not (in any form put forth by whatever religion) negates the possibility of thinking they are God.

Contrary to popular misconception, the large majority of atheists (atheist is a noun, not a dogma) go about their daily lives in the Universe in which we live, abiding by the rules of decent society, without much thought of God and whether or not He plonked us here. You don't generally wake up everyday and wail "There is no God but ME."

Seriously, you all read way too much into the fact that some people don't feel the creed. They just don't. There's nothing evil about it. They don't eat kittens or torture puppies because of it. They aren't walking around thinking they're the Almighty. They can't, they don't think there is one.

Old 08-02-2012, 08:21 AM

1,058 posts, read 1,164,244 times
Quote:
Who wants a person in office who will one day stand up and say- There is no god- there is no god but me- I AM GOD. This is the final declaration of all atheists...I'm not ready to be ruled by a small g god....I avoid giving myself the title of God...That is just ground that you do not tread on..That has been rule since the advent of mankind....This law has sustained mankind and kept some sort of order for a million years- Last thing we need is a person who has the non-religion of atheist as President....That would be like taking the mythical Satan and giving him the big chair----------------sorry- not on my watch.
How is an atheist saying "I AM GOD" any different from a religious person saying "GOD TOLD ME TO"?

Old 08-02-2012, 08:26 AM

272 posts, read 230,151 times
Quote:
Those under GOD do not kill anyone- Those hiding under the dark blanket of religion- do not believe in GOD....and they kill in the name of GOD....Most religious people are atheists....I wonder why the world has not figured this out- If a man screams God is great as he cuts your throat - he is NOT of God....He is a human monster.
If this is true, then you and your religion should be wondering why extreme people are drawn to it.

Old 08-02-2012, 08:29 AM

1,140 posts, read 1,306,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Your total ignorance of, or denial of, history will never change it. It's there for all to see

The history of christianity is one of blood, murder, torture, intimidation, rape, theft...and general all around scumbaggery...ya can't cover it up
Maybe you should actually consider reading the Gospel, and then you can point to me one area where Jesus says to murder people.

Old 08-02-2012, 08:30 AM

409 posts, read 500,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Um, no it's not.

What a ludicrous belief you have. How can someone declare themselves something that they don't believe exists? The fact that they exist and they believe God does not (in any form put forth by whatever religion) negates the possibility of thinking they are God.

Contrary to popular misconception, the large majority of atheists (atheist is a noun, not a dogma) go about their daily lives in the Universe in which we live, abiding by the rules of decent society, without much thought of God and whether or not He plonked us here. You don't generally wake up everyday and wail "There is no God but ME."

Seriously, you all read way too much into the fact that some people don't feel the creed. They just don't. There's nothing evil about it. They don't eat kittens or torture puppies because of it. They aren't walking around thinking they're the Almighty. They can't, they don't think there is one.
Seriously, where the hell do people get these ideas?

I'm an atheist and I don't think this way. Or rather I'm a de facto atheist since I don't know if there is a god, but I'm inclined to live my life as though there isn't one.

Old 08-02-2012, 08:30 AM

1,140 posts, read 1,306,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by selrahC View Post
If this is true, then you and your religion should be wondering why extreme people are drawn to it.
How can someone be Christian if they read the words of Christ and then do the exact opposite of what he said?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies