Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2012, 11:17 AM

7,800 posts, read 10,106,357 times

Advertisements

Because GW Bush has something called CLASS.

For a very long time it was an unwritten rule that former presidents did not get involved in politics once they left office. Of course such rules do not apply to Jimmy the Peanut Farmer or Open Fly Billy Blythe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2012, 11:39 AM

9,394 posts, read 15,691,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
He's been told to stay as far from the Romney campaign as he can. His name is poison and linking him to Romney would be disastrous for the GOP.
Citation needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
Agreed........
Right? People should read his memoir. I wasn't a big fan of his presidency before reading, I'm still not a fan of it now, but I think he's a good person at heart and I'd have a beer with him.

Old 08-02-2012, 12:40 PM

3,128 posts, read 6,533,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
Because GW Bush has something called CLASS.

For a very long time it was an unwritten rule that former presidents did not get involved in politics once they left office. Of course such rules do not apply to Jimmy the Peanut Farmer or Open Fly Billy Blythe.
Nixon Class!! Watergate Class! Lets make up some **** and kill thousands of Americans and Hundreds of Thousands of others class.

exactly

Old 08-02-2012, 12:51 PM

8,891 posts, read 5,369,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjohnny38 View Post
I think it's a little bit of both!
I think it's classy that he isn't running around looking for attention. Until recently that's what formner Presidents did. Are you listening, Bill Clinton?

Old 08-02-2012, 12:57 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
Bush was just sick of politics. A recent quote said something to the effect of "I got out of that swamp, I have no intention of going back into it or near it."

Now he can finally relax after years and years of being in politics, I can't say I'm surprised that he's kept a low profile. He just sticks to his ranch, his family, and humanitarian work.
I always thought Bush was a yokel with a great last name...no more, no less. He was expected to do certain things as the oldest boy, and he did them. He's not a skilled politician, he's not a policy wonk, or any type of political expert in the least. He's just a guy that tried his hand in the oil business (with mixed results), as a baseball team owner (with mixed results), and made it to the governors office because of who he is. It's a fairly weak governorship, but it's a big enough state to give him the gravitas to run for president.

Put Bush in a room full of Karl Rove's and Bill Bennett's, and he's a fish out of water. That's not his crowd, and they're only useful to him to help him navigate policy and politics.

Besides, what in the hell is he gonna do at a convention? Nothing. It ain't like anyone wants him to get up there and speak. About what? LOL...no way. The guy loves his ranch and his life back in Texas.

I'll always give Bush credit for being a decent person and a guy with high moral character.

Old 08-02-2012, 12:58 PM

4,139 posts, read 4,528,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
Citation needed.

Right? People should read his memoir. I wasn't a big fan of his presidency before reading, I'm still not a fan of it now, but I think he's a good person at heart and I'd have a beer with him.
Fascinating. I tried to read his memoir to determine if the man was all that different from the president. I didnt' get more than 70 pages into it before I had to put it down. I thought to myself, this guy doesn't even have an inkling of how entitled and arrogant he is. I wanted to continue but every page annoyed me more. I'm glad he is enjoying retirement and doing humanitarian work. That said, I would never opt to have a beer with him, his mother or his wife.

Old 08-02-2012, 01:07 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,109,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjohnny38 View Post
I think it's a little bit of both!
No, I just think he's glad to be out of politics.

Old 08-02-2012, 01:09 PM

6,126 posts, read 10,107,581 times
I really want to read his book, but haven't gotten around to it yet. I think he's probably just sick of the whole deal and wants to live his life in peace. I wasn't a fan at all yet I don't think he's a bad person or any of the decisions he made were made with malice or ill intent.

Old 08-02-2012, 01:10 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,280,777 times
Well, he had nothing to do with the RE bubble, but libs try to paste that on him though Democrats pushed the no look loans by law on banks.
Press didn't tell people that at all.

There were tons of yellow cake, mass graves, children in prison, chemical weapons and all kinds of other stuff found in Iraq, press didn't report on that much either.

IMO he figures he's had enough of the press and politics. If I were him I'd be sick of the press spinning the most negative spin they could as well.

Old 08-02-2012, 01:13 PM

4,538 posts, read 4,811,230 times
Neither.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies