Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2012, 10:12 AM

1,403 posts, read 937,346 times

Advertisements

Washington pot legalizers get $1 million after strong poll results | The Raw Story

Awesome. I hope they get this passed. Its well overdue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2012, 10:16 AM

14,834 posts, read 7,411,792 times
Excellent. It's long past time that marijuana was legalized, when it is less harmful than both tobacco smoke and alcohol. You cannot OD on it, and it is far less addictive than either of those two legal substances. It was only banned because of uninformed racist arguments in the 1930s.

Old 08-02-2012, 10:18 AM

3,117 posts, read 4,585,951 times
My only concern with legalizing pot in this area is that, if it is, I just know I'm never going to be able to walk a block downtown without having to put up with the stench of stinkweed or having a cloud of potsmoke to walk through, because all the damn hippies in Seattle will take the legalization of it to mean that they are now obligated to go out and smoke it in public whenever they can.

I've got no issue with weed in one's own home, in their car, whatever. What I have an issue with is my olfactory senses being constantly assaulted everywhere I go.

Old 08-02-2012, 10:38 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,987,093 times
Let's work toward nationwide legalization! Time to end the prohibition of pot, and the BS propaganda that came with it!

Old 08-02-2012, 11:29 AM

1,262 posts, read 1,301,695 times
Default At least it's not a health risk, like tobacco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanathos View Post
My only concern with legalizing pot in this area is that, if it is, I just know I'm never going to be able to walk a block downtown without having to put up with the stench of stinkweed or having a cloud of potsmoke to walk through, because all the damn hippies in Seattle will take the legalization of it to mean that they are now obligated to go out and smoke it in public whenever they can.

I've got no issue with weed in one's own home, in their car, whatever. What I have an issue with is my olfactory senses being constantly assaulted everywhere I go.
I feel the same way, but about tobacco smoke. It's not only bitter to the taste, but it stinks! Yet buildings in the city don't seem to be able to keep it away from building entrances, so you have to go through a cloud of smoke just to enter or leave a building.

At least with cannabis smoke you don't have to worry about it contributing to your early death like second hand tobacco smoke can.

Old 08-02-2012, 11:45 AM

3,117 posts, read 4,585,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaconowner View Post
I feel the same way, but about tobacco smoke. It's not only bitter to the taste, but it stinks! Yet buildings in the city don't seem to be able to keep it away from building entrances, so you have to go through a cloud of smoke just to enter or leave a building.

At least with cannabis smoke you don't have to worry about it contributing to your early death like second hand tobacco smoke can.
Tobacco smoke, however, doesn't permeate an entire block because 1 guy lit up a joint.

There needs to be some sort of control put in place so that people aren't subjected to this everywhere they go.

The really funny thing about this law (9that the stoners don't get) is that there's a provision in the measure that makes it legal for cops to check your blood for having more than 5 THC units in your bloodstream at a given time, and giving you a DUI if you do....it can take DAYS after you smoke a joint for you to get under this limit, so basically, you won't be able to drive for like a week if you light up. Yet another revenue stream for the state that the stoners won't understand till it's on top of them.

Old 08-02-2012, 11:46 AM

13,621 posts, read 12,730,207 times
even some fat cats are coming to their senses.. i will have to roll a fatty for that good news
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies