Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2012, 02:00 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,545,862 times

Advertisements

Gay Is Not the New Black – The Gospel Coalition Blog

Great article!!

Quote:
Gay Is Not the New Black

It's hard to deny that homosexual marriage appears to be a foregone conclusion in America. This is a frightening prospect not only for those of us who understand marriage to be a testimony of the relationship between Christ and his bride, the church, but also for all who value the family and its contribution to the well-being of society and human thriving. And while it's difficult to watch a coordinated, well-funded, well-connected propaganda strategy undermine thousands of years of human history, it's especially disconcerting to witness the use of the civil rights struggle as the vehicle for the strategy.

The idea that same-sex "marriage" is the next leg in the civil rights race is ubiquitous. One of the clearest examples of the conflation of homosexual "marriage" and civil rights is Michael Gross's article in The Advocate, in which he coins the now-popular phrase "Gay is the new black."1 Gross is not alone in his conflation of the two issues, however. At a 2005 banquet, Julian Bond, former head of the NAACP, said, "Sexual disposition parallels race. I was born this way. I have no choice. I wouldn't change it if I could. Sexuality is unchangeable."2
</H2>
I get tired of a "behavior" getting tied to a race!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2012, 02:03 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,412,952 times
At least he admits it's a foregone conclusion. That's more than most intolerant people can see. I don't care how others feel about it, as long as I gain equality under the law.

Old 08-02-2012, 02:05 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,418,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
Gay Is Not the New Black – The Gospel Coalition Blog

Great article!!

[b]</H2>
I get tired of a "behavior" getting tied to a race!
He's wrong gay marriage is not a forgone conclusion in this country not by a long shot.

Old 08-02-2012, 02:05 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,146,531 times
Only liberals are stupid enough to equate being gay with being black.

Old 08-02-2012, 02:22 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
He's wrong gay marriage is not a forgone conclusion in this country not by a long shot.
The hell it isn't. Anyone with a half a brain knows that.

But if you want to take on the Pacific Ocean in a rowboat, be my guest.

Old 08-02-2012, 02:24 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,418,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
The hell it isn't. Anyone with a half a brain knows that.

But if you want to take on the Pacific Ocean in a rowboat, be my guest.
LOL what proof do you have that? The 31 times it was voted down at the polls?

Keep dreaming.

Old 08-02-2012, 02:26 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,670,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
Only liberals are stupid enough to equate being gay with being black.
Thank you. That's the type of brilliant analysis I've come to expect and appreciate on this forum.

Old 08-02-2012, 02:27 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,670,280 times
Quote:

Keep dreaming.
How short-sighted one would have to be in order to think that the last few years represent the way America will forever see a particular issue.

Public opinion polls show an obvious trendline on this subject:

Opinions on Gay Marriage Unchanged After Obama Announcement - Pew Forum on Religion & Public Life

Old 08-02-2012, 02:31 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,412,952 times
Quote:

Keep dreaming.
It will be approved for the first time by referendum in November. If you don't believe me I'm willing to place a wager on that.

Yes it has been voted down 31 times, only one of those votes took place when a national majority was for it.

Old 08-02-2012, 02:36 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,820,368 times
Why did the gay lobby pick blacks as a surf board to skim along on over the waves of social resistance? Why not equate being gay to the holocaust of Jews? Maybe they should use a more powerful image in their utilization of race? Gay is not a race--------------Feminists have attempted to divide the sexes by insisting that woman are a different race and maybe even a separate species..None of this stuff is useful in bringing about harmony...If I were a straight black male- who prided themselves in traditional male values- I would be kind of insulted to be compared to males who were not as traditional- it's an intrusion...Let them fight this fight on their own without dragging in former slaves as unwilling allies.

If they believe that gay is a significant and powerful force- they should be able to cut it on their own.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies