Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2012, 01:57 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,636,949 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchman01 View Post
We live in a world full of bad choices. I was the illegitimate son of a migrant farm worker. My mother was/is the most demanding, manipulative, self-centered, woman I've ever met. As if that wasn't enough she was also mentally and physically abusive. A great mother she wasn't/isn't.

I'm now a teacher, a father, and a husband of some 30 years. I have my problems but I'd much rather have them and life than not. You could make the point I'd have been better off dead. Of course you shouldn't have the power to determine whether or not I got the chance to live. But then, in a perfect world neither would my mother.

I'm still working on my relationship with my mother. I don't love her but she's getting on in years now and she needs me. I need to do the best I can to help her. Had I been killed in the wormb she would have no one.

People should have the chance to live, even poor ones.
No one faults your mother for choosing life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2012, 01:59 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,636,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Why do the pro-abortionists condone murder?
Who's pro-abortion other than the woman and her abortion provider, which is a situation that is none of your business.

Old 08-07-2012, 02:00 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,008,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
no one is pro abortion
How about Who?Me? - she sure seems gleeful when she states that abortion is legal - if she isn't pro-abortion she isn't doing a very good job of making it clear.

Old 08-07-2012, 02:05 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,020,549 times
Quote:
How about Who?Me? - she sure seems gleeful when she states that abortion is legal - if she isn't pro-abortion she isn't doing a very good job of making it clear.
who? me?, like myself are glad and stand behind our right as women to choose for ourselves and our lives if we want to give birth or not. no one should be forced to give birth unless they want to. pro choice folks will continue to support and even be militant about our rights to our bodies as long as there are people who want to take our choices from us. we live in america not some third world country where a man or a religion can tell us what to do with our lives.

we are pro choice and will fight for women to be able to choose for themselves.

Old 08-07-2012, 02:20 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,338,198 times
Quote:
who? me?, like myself are glad and stand behind our right as women to choose for ourselves and our lives if we want to give birth or not. no one should be forced to give birth unless they want to. pro choice folks will continue to support and even be militant about our rights to our bodies as long as there are people who want to take our choices from us. we live in america not some third world country where a man or a religion can tell us what to do with our lives.

Hear! Hear!

Old 08-07-2012, 02:46 PM

Quote:

This isn't about your body - it is about the body of an innocent human life.

Also - even if it was an issue that dealt with a woman and her body - their is a precedent in our law that limits what a woman may choose to do with her body. One cannot use that body to murder, steal, use certain drugs, be a prostitute, ect...

Uisng your logic - rape should be legal - after all - a person should be able to choose what to do with their own body, right?

Old 08-07-2012, 04:10 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,338,198 times
Quote:

Also - even if it was an issue that dealt with a woman and her body - their is a precedent in our law that limits what a woman may choose to do with her body. One cannot use that body to murder, steal, use certain drugs, be a prostitute, ect...

Uisng your logic - rape should be legal - after all - a person should be able to choose what to do with their own body, right?
There you go again, being deliberately obtuse. Starting to think it may not be deliberate....

Rape is an act of violence on another human being - it's not a legal choice for anyone.

Early pregnancy abortion affects no human other than the woman who undergoes the procedure.

Old 08-07-2012, 04:10 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,916,488 times
Quote:
No one is forcing the baby to be born - if the baby is left alone and does not spontaneously abort - a live birth is likely to result.

By performing an abortion - one is forcing the baby to die.
You are forcing the woman to give birth. That is forcing the baby to be born.

Old 08-07-2012, 04:16 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,020,549 times
Quote:

it is our body first. without the woman's body there is no womb. again take away the right for a woman to control her own reproductive system and you are essentially forcing us to give birth no matter if we want to or not. this isn't about anything other then a woman having control over her own body. it has nothing to do with stealing, taking drugs or being a prostitute. this has to do only with a woman's womb.

hard to ask the same question of a man as there is no comparable. if there was something to compare, and you had 3 choices available wouldn't you want to be able to pick the choice that best suits you? the answer of course is yes. you would want the option of ALL the choices. you alone get to decide because it is your life not mine.

women are militant about protecting their choice because like a man we get to say how our lives will be led. woman are no longer docile, homemakers who allow their husbands to dictate to them what we should think, act and vote. women are no longer stuck with the only career choice of being either a homemaker, school teacher or nurse.

women can and will think for themselves. we will never go back. nor will we allow a third world mentality to rule how we live.

Old 08-07-2012, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
Early pregnancy abortion affects no human other than the woman who undergoes the procedure.
Aren't you forgetting about the human inside the womb?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies