Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2012, 02:58 PM

4,538 posts, read 4,809,260 times

Advertisements

'The long-dreaded "zombie apocalypse" may already be underway in Miami, where a human zombie — a mindless naked man — was encountered by police officers who found him literally feasting on the face of another naked man'.

http://www.prisonplanet.com/zombie-a...g-society.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2012, 03:43 PM

29,212 posts, read 22,341,507 times
I recently read an interesting article that claimed crazy people learn how to act crazy from their societal influences. Before movies and TV, the insane acted much differently; in Europe, where much ado was made for a long time about people who suddenly disappeared, then returned with amnesia, that's what the mentally ill did.

In 19th century America, people who wanted to be noticed would tear off their clothes. So asylum inmates tore off their clothes too.

Why did 2 disturbed people call themselves The Joker in the past month?

They were both crazy, but they both learned how to display it in ways that could be understood by society. For a long time, the shooters were all dressed like kung-fu ninjas. Then they were dressed like desert maniacs. Back in the 30's, they dressed like gangsters with black shirts and white ties. The object is the same: I'm crazy, I'm a bada$$, don't mess with me because I'm unaccountable and I'm menacing and I'm crazy.

Maybe the proper horror of the moment is a zombie, now that vampires are losing their steam.

Old 08-03-2012, 03:44 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,200,864 times
Bath salts seem to basically melt your brain--my understanding is that drug has been behind all of the super aggressive, cannibalistic attacks.

Old 08-03-2012, 03:50 PM

4,991 posts, read 4,503,205 times
Crazy humans have been around since humans have been around.

Old 08-03-2012, 03:59 PM

4,538 posts, read 4,809,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
Bath salts seem to basically melt your brain--my understanding is that drug has been behind all of the super aggressive, cannibalistic attacks.
Bath salts were blamed by the media, but according to this video, none have been found in any of the attacks.

Old 08-03-2012, 04:12 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,775,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAMERCAT View Post
'The long-dreaded "zombie apocalypse" may already be underway in Miami, where a human zombie — a mindless naked man — was encountered by police officers who found him literally feasting on the face of another naked man'.

Prison Planet.com » ‘Zombie Attacks’: Secret Virus Or Collapsing Society?
There's a local young man, 19, rejected for military service... he's been having some psychological problems that he's compensated for by taking drugs. Then he went for help and was given a whole host of other drugs that appear to have exasperated the problems. He goes for long spells hiding away from people, and when he does come out of his shell, he describes feeling like a zombie.

Considering the prescription drug epidemic in florida, I'd be more inclined to attribute it to that. What the underlying cause motivating drug cultures to emerge doesn't get discussed rationally once people get in tug of war contests over legalizing drugs or keeping them illegal. The common theme is avoidance of reality. Drug use is a slower form of suicide for a considerable amount of people. Same with liquor, but the liquor industry isn't paying the tab for rehab or the science that would sort out a casual user from an addict.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies