Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2012, 11:15 PM

30,347 posts, read 51,937,226 times

Advertisements

Oh, and for the record I don't care what In & Out puts on their wrappers... I don't eat burgers/meat anyway, and we should really be boycotting ALL fast food joints for poisoning our bodies. LMAO
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2012, 11:24 PM

7,242 posts, read 7,906,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
They do. they cut their fresh Kennebuk potatoes right there on site. I believe that they use 100% vegetable oil, not lard or anything too unhealthy. They are not that frozen gruel fried in hate oil that CFA serves up.
I think their fries are the weakest part of their menu, don't get me wrong I love the place and if I get fast food then INO is it (I'd never get garbage like CFA), but it's complicated. Because they cut their fries to order (right there in front of you so you can see them) they haven't soaked the cut fries in vinager like most places do. This means the water content is a bit higher in their fries compared to other fast food places. That means I find their normal fries to be not as crisp as I like them.

I get around this by ordering my INO fries "well plus"; that means they give the fries an extra 12 seconds in the frier to make them extra crispy. I find "extra well" ends up burning them while plain "well" doesn't crisp them enough for me so "well plus" is the perfect compromise. That said, when I do get INO, my fries are usually animal style so they could (read: probably) are getting a bit soggier due to the toppings.

Last edited by Think4Yourself; 08-05-2012 at 11:36 PM..

Old 08-05-2012, 11:28 PM

7,242 posts, read 7,906,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
Actually, I preferred Tommy's #5 when I lived in California. They had all the fat and twice the grease.
Tommy Burger is like INO in that it is a California fast food institution but it just never got the same following INO did. I suspect, at least in part, it was because of INO's complete dedication to freshness as well as the owner's insistence on treating the employees so much better than the other fast food chains.

A tommy burger with bacon and chili can still be good though.

Old 08-05-2012, 11:30 PM

30,347 posts, read 51,937,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
I think their fries are the weakest part of their menu, don't get me wrong I love the place and if I get fast food then INO is it (I'd never got garbage like CFA), but it's complicated. Because they cut their fries to order (right there in front of you so you can see them) they haven't soaked the cut fries in vinager like most places do. This means the water content is a bit higher in their fries compared to other fast food places. That means I find their normal fries to be not as crisp as I like them.
That's probably why I did like their fries (when I used to eat there), since I generally prefer my fries mushy.

Old 08-05-2012, 11:45 PM

11,431 posts, read 18,999,262 times
Quote:
I think their fries are the weakest part of their menu, don't get me wrong I love the place and if I get fast food then INO is it (I'd never get garbage like CFA), but it's complicated. Because they cut their fries to order (right there in front of you so you can see them) they haven't soaked the cut fries in vinager like most places do. This means the water content is a bit higher in their fries compared to other fast food places. That means I find their normal fries to be not as crisp as I like them.

I get around this by ordering my INO fries "well plus"; that means they give the fries an extra 12 seconds in the frier to make them extra crispy. I find "extra well" ends up burning them while plain "well" doesn't crisp them enough for me so "well plus" is the perfect compromise. That said, when I do get INO, my fries are usually animal style so they could (read: probably) are getting a bit soggier due to the toppings.
"well plus"- i've gotta remember that. I've never expected a fast food place to have the handcut ffries that you would find at a "gourmet burger" place. The fact that they are fresh and not burnt or stale has been good enough. Enjoy that ino burger.

Old 08-06-2012, 12:24 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,450,574 times
Quote:

Actually, the crispiness of a french fry is determined by the temperature of the oil, not the water content of the potato. If the oil temperature is at least 350°F, you will get a crispy french fry. Anything less than 350°F and it will be soggy.

Old 08-06-2012, 12:35 AM

1,655 posts, read 3,398,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
So true, so true. Some even have trouble spelling the names of our states.
Tsk, tks...no more rep points for you naughty boy ! Wabi-Sabi !

Old 08-06-2012, 12:54 AM

20,169 posts, read 24,328,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkdmom View Post
Tsk, tks...no more rep points for you naughty boy ! Wabi-Sabi !
LOL: "tsk, tks"?

But hey, wabi-sabi ---- sugoi!!!!

Old 08-06-2012, 01:31 AM

1,655 posts, read 3,398,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
LOL: "tsk, tks"?

But hey, wabi-sabi ---- sugoi!!!!

Yeah, "tsk, tks"...it's all part of my Wabi, perfect imperfection...that, and I type too fast...hehehe. The pic is beautiful, btw.

Old 08-06-2012, 05:59 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,461,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Oh, and for the record I don't care what In & Out puts on their wrappers... I don't eat burgers/meat anyway, and we should really be boycotting ALL fast food joints for poisoning our bodies. LMAO
Not gonna happen anytime soon because:

1) Fast food is cheap and quick whereas healthy food is either cheap but takes time to prepare or is fast but expensive.
2) Fast food is much more available than healthy food, especially in rural areas where often grocery stores are 10 miles apart but there's a fast food joint every quarter mile.
3) People with long shifts or who otherwise have busy lifestyles would rather go to the drive-thru than have to walk into a place, sit down, or go home and cook. As it stands now, drive-thrus sell fast food.
4) A lot of people have been born and raised on fast food, so that's what they crave and like. For some people it's all they know. In order to get people to want to eat healthy, they would have to be raised on healthy food from day one in order for that to be what they would naturally want and like.
5) CEOs make more money off fast food than healthy food. The way government subsidies are set up, fast food is cheaper to produce and therefore yields more profit (e.g. corn subsidies to make corn syrup for coke). No one wants to make healthy food if it means taking in a smaller salary--they'd rather stay rich even if it means poisoning the masses.

I-N-Out is really the exception in that the CEO takes a smaller salary than most fast food CEOs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies