Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2012, 03:48 PM

7,237 posts, read 12,737,180 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
Right here, today, right this minute I can show you FOUR "help wanted" signs that are on marquees on my way to work. I am certain I could find many more if I looked. And yet, I would expect that the unemployment in Springfield, Missouri, is not ZERO. The problem is that a lot of people choose to be unemployed as long as a check comes from the government every month. I PERSONALLY know of two people who REFUSED work because it did not pay as much as unemployement. (and yes, this is against the rules, but when I tried to report them, the unemployment office told me they don't have the man power to investigate these kinds of things.)

No doubt the economy is in bad shape, but until they cut the government hand outs lots and lots of people are going to be content to be "unemployed" rather than getting out there and get a job to support themselves and their families.

20yrsinBranson
If the pay was greater than 20-30% less than what they received before, they don't have to accept your job offer.

It was that way during good economic times, it's that way during bad economic times such as now.

Deal with it or offer better wages.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2012, 03:57 PM

7,923 posts, read 8,843,540 times
What new jobs? -in June 142,415,000 people had jobs in the United States. In July, that number declined to 142,220,000
The hemorrhaging of American jobs accelerated at a record pace at the end of 2008, bringing the year's total job losses to 2.6 million or the highest level in more than six decades. President Obama has stopped the massive job losses and has created 4 million jobs with more jobs being added each month.
Anyone who could possibly think that the recovery from the recession would be immediate or even take just a few years are fooling themselves. America is slowly recovering and that is amazing considering the destruction caused by the last administration. Jobs being added each month is the way forward.......... anyone thinking it isn't is a fool.

Old 08-05-2012, 04:43 PM

629 posts, read 771,375 times
Dont forget about the jobs Obama

"saved"

:::snicker:::

Old 08-05-2012, 04:49 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,962,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 313Weather View Post
Deal with it or offer better wages.
Of course, after Dec 2012, when there is less or no extended ui, the applicants may be the ones having to deal with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies