Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2012, 01:35 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,668,317 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
This was at a Sikh temple. Sikhs are among the most peaceful people in the world. I doubt seriously that any of them owned firearms.

Apparently some ******* thought that they were Muslim and figured he'd kill a bunch of terrorists for America. Stupid sonofabitch.
Where is that report? The source?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2012, 01:38 PM

37,162 posts, read 19,170,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Well in the wild wild west everybody defended themselves instead of waiting around for the sheriff to ride out or the posse to form up. You wait for the posse and see how much help they are. They may catch the bad guy but the deed will have already been done.
Correction: Many if not most cowboys didn't carry pistols. They got in the way while they were working and scared the cattle when they were fired. There were firearms available at homesteads. Hollywood has done the West no favors.

Side note: As many as half the cowboys in the West were escaped slaves. Ranchers didnt care what color they were as long as they were willing to work.

Old 08-05-2012, 01:40 PM

1,710 posts, read 3,137,510 times
Oh well, a good reason for the RW's to practice their armed Michael Jordon/Rambo triple backflip,quad barrel roll tactic and burn off some of those chicken sandwich calories.

Old 08-05-2012, 01:43 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,896,161 times
Quote:
This was at a Sikh temple. Sikhs are among the most peaceful people in the world. I doubt seriously that any of them owned firearms.

Apparently some ******* thought that they were Muslim and figured he'd kill a bunch of terrorists for America. Stupid sonofabitch.
Perhaps, but that is speculation. Another possibility *is* that one faction of Sikh's attempted to kill the visiting priest as has happened in India, see this story. Singh is a fairly common name though, so this particular priest may not be a problem. One of the reports said Punjab Singh was the guest speaker, but Punjab is a province, so that may have only been where he came from.

Beant Singh?s killer Balwant Singh Rajoana honoured - Times Of India

5,261 posts, read 4,153,584 times
Who else here believes Obama is coming for our guns and Bibles and reactions like this are simply inevitable?

I'm here shivering under my afghan as we speak, awaiting my fate in either the FEMA concentration camps or before Michelle's death panels as the New Black Panthers, funded by ACORN and laundered money from Solyndra, march down my street, led by Jeremiah Wright and Bill Ayers, armed with automatic weapons with the serial numbers scratched off from the Fast and Furious program that somehow escaped Sheriff Joe down there in Arizona, while a murderous platoon of anchor babies loots my neighborhood grocery store and launches into a flash mob, dancing to Latin rhythms, all the while a group of public teacher union thugs lift up senior citizens and shake the change out of their pockets to pay for the dope they smoke in the classroom as they teach our children how to masturbate and have gay sex while peeing on a likeness of Christ.

I want my country back!!!

29,407 posts, read 21,994,436 times
Quote:
Correction: Many if not most cowboys didn't carry pistols. They got in the way while they were working and scared the cattle when they were fired. There were firearms available at homesteads. Hollywood has done the West no favors.

Side note: As many as half the cowboys in the West were escaped slaves. Ranchers didnt care what color they were as long as they were willing to work.
I don't think the previous poster was referring to cowboys working on the range when referring to the "wild wild west".

Old 08-05-2012, 01:45 PM

Quote:

Except for the Jains and the perpetually stoned potheads.

Old 08-05-2012, 01:48 PM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,684,999 times
i studied sikhism, they are peaceful people, you don't even hear about them.. why would anyone wanna shoot them

Old 08-05-2012, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Artiste View Post
i studied sikhism, they are peaceful people, you don't even hear about them.. why would anyone wanna shoot them
Indeed. Up to this point, our crazed gunmen have confined themselves to executing only the malcontents, the warmongers and the general ne'er do wells.

I'm with the poster on page one. Let's arm the Sikhs among us. And the sick too, for that matter. An armed Sikh society is a polite society.

Old 08-05-2012, 01:52 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,896,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
Who else here believes Obama is coming for our guns and Bibles and reactions like this are simply inevitable?

I want my country back!!!
UGH!!!!! You are an idiot and this was never *YOUR* country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies