Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2012, 10:04 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,692,234 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tluv00 View Post
1) This is out of the UK not the US and the last time I checked US laws governed us here not UK laws.
2) It's a post in a forum that eventually leads to a link on Wikipedia. Really?

People should have to register their firearms after a background check. That's it. Then from there if those people are found to have committed a crime using a gun then a mandatory 10 years should be added onto whatever sentence they receive from the crime.

If you don't want to register your guns or submit to a background check then throw the whole thing out and let anyone and their cousin get guns. Criminals, lunatics, toddlers etc.
Spoken like a true Kalifornia Gun Grabber.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2012, 10:07 AM

1,710 posts, read 3,138,473 times
The guy ended up doing 3 years according to a post in the comments section. Fair enough, after all the law is the law, he didn't surrender his weapon. There are horror stories worse than this on FAMM's (Families Against Mandatory Minimums) site pertaining to FL's 10-20-Life gun statutes in which property protectors are serving long sentences w/o even killing anyone. FAMM Home Page,
faces of FAMM, state category.

Old 08-06-2012, 10:23 AM

14,076 posts, read 20,526,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Right after you get around to telling me if it is really fair for a man who used a shotgun to defend his home that had been broken into several times before that. Whoops, I just asked you to read a link again and that is against the rules for certain people around here..

I'll start to worry about gun laws in the United Kingdom when I move there. I'd suggest you do the same.

Now...what has Obama actually done to convince you that he's coming to get your guns? Specifics, please.

Old 08-06-2012, 01:26 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,261,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tluv00 View Post
1) This is out of the UK not the US and the last time I checked US laws governed us here not UK laws.
2) It's a post in a forum that eventually leads to a link on Wikipedia. Really?

People should have to register their firearms after a background check. That's it. Then from there if those people are found to have committed a crime using a gun then a mandatory 10 years should be added onto whatever sentence they receive from the crime.

If you don't want to register your guns or submit to a background check then throw the whole thing out and let anyone and their cousin get guns. Criminals, lunatics, toddlers etc.
I would say that you read little of the link since you don't know where registration of guns in England led. I would also say that you don't want to see that they beat us to the gun laws by 100 years and now one is not allowed to protect his home from ruffians who come into it to rob and steal.

Did you make an attempt to open that story from Wiki? I did and there is no story there.

Surely you can see that having to knock on a door and perform a search for firearms takes a lot more than already knowing where they are because of registration. So much easier to confiscate guns when you know where they are located. Oh well, you may have to live in England some day,

Old 08-06-2012, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
I'll start to worry about gun laws in the United Kingdom when I move there. I'd suggest you do the same.

Now...what has Obama actually done to convince you that he's coming to get your guns? Specifics, please.
Obama and his Secretary of State have been in total support of that Small Arms Control from the UN ever since the took office. Of course, The One knows that he can't push it on us till it gets signed, passed and accepted by the Senate. Of course, Madame Pelosi is not in the Senate but who knows what her California Senators feel about gun control.

Hey, I promised in my OP that I would bring along a copy of this story from a different kind of blog than democrat underground so here it is. That one was edited by the left leaning blog and this one tells the whole story concerning how swiftly the British worked to take away their firearms along with what has resulted, in the way of who can use them. I will hope you know that British bobbies do not carry weapons so they have to be very careful about how they deal with criminals of the accused kind and the convicted ones.

Anyway here is a copy of the whole story, not just what a bunch of lefties want people to know.

Robert Waters -- Where We're Headed

Old 08-06-2012, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I would say that you read little of the link since you don't know where registration of guns in England led. I would also say that you don't want to see that they beat us to the gun laws by 100 years and now one is not allowed to protect his home from ruffians who come into it to rob and steal.

Did you make an attempt to open that story from Wiki? I did and there is no story there.

Surely you can see that having to knock on a door and perform a search for firearms takes a lot more than already knowing where they are because of registration. So much easier to confiscate guns when you know where they are located. Oh well, you may have to live in England some day,

Saudi Arabia has "beat us" to beheading adulterer's too and England "beat us" to transporting children to the penal colony in Australia and France "beat us" to Devil's Island and China has "beat us" to mass executions, so I guess by your "logic" we're in imminent danger of all that coming here.

Good Lord, man. With that kind of twisted thinking, you must be afraid of EVERYTHING!

Old 08-06-2012, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Saudi Arabia has "beat us" to beheading adulterer's too and England "beat us" to transporting children to the penal colony in Australia and France "beat us" to Devil's Island and China has "beat us" to mass executions, so I guess by your "logic" we're in imminent danger of all that coming here.

Good Lord, man. With that kind of twisted thinking, you must be afraid of EVERYTHING!
I am afraid of very little but will fight them when The One sends them after me. I don't own any firearms but won't go willingly, either.

Old 08-06-2012, 04:53 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,217,585 times
Why I a gun owner refuse to join the NRA.
The NRA with it's never ending fear mongering, exaggerations and generalizations.
Obama and The UN will take our guns. Obama can sign any treaty he likes, it must then be passed by congress and senate. Politicians want to be re elected. This would be career suicide. A good many Democrats are also gun owners.
Obama wants to put a super tax on amunition. Once again read the above.
The ATF is guilty of many crimes including entrapment, unlawful search and siezures and as far as I am concerned state sponsored murder. These all happened before Obama.
The ATF and the justice department. Fast and Furious. Very scarey what they get away with. Onbama may or may not have been involved.

Old 08-06-2012, 04:59 PM

They're not coming to get our guns:

"…But in any case, there's no appetite in Congress for tackling this issue, either. Rep. Earl Blumenauer, an Oregon Democrat, put it this way to The New York Times: “There are very few political leaders that think there is an opportunity in a constructive way to do something in this political climate…”

"…According to the Times, surveys show that support for gun control has never been lower. A Gallup Poll conducted annually found last October that for the first time, a majority, 53 percent, opposed a ban on assault rifles and only 26 percent favored banning handguns, a record low. Support for stricter gun control dropped among Democrats, Republicans and independents. Moreover, 47 percent of adults reported that they had a gun in their home or elsewhere on their property, up from 41 percent the previous year…"

Valley News ~ Full Story

But, that doesn't matter to the RWNJ's who are flooding the gun shops and providing huge profits for the gun dealers who are more than happy to feed that lie.

Old 08-06-2012, 05:22 PM

Quote:
They're not coming to get our guns:

"…But in any case, there's no appetite in Congress for tackling this issue, either. Rep. Earl Blumenauer, an Oregon Democrat, put it this way to The New York Times: “There are very few political leaders that think there is an opportunity in a constructive way to do something in this political climate…”

"…According to the Times, surveys show that support for gun control has never been lower. A Gallup Poll conducted annually found last October that for the first time, a majority, 53 percent, opposed a ban on assault rifles and only 26 percent favored banning handguns, a record low. Support for stricter gun control dropped among Democrats, Republicans and independents. Moreover, 47 percent of adults reported that they had a gun in their home or elsewhere on their property, up from 41 percent the previous year…"

Valley News ~ Full Story

But, that doesn't matter to the RWNJ's who are flooding the gun shops and providing huge profits for the gun dealers who are more than happy to feed that lie.
It is now time for you to tell us what you know about the Small Arms Treaty that failed last month. Like when it can come back up for consideration at UN headquarters. Maybe you can explain how many Senators won't vote for it when Obama snaps his fingers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies