Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2012, 12:36 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,091,426 times

Advertisements

The idelogical debates/arguments are fair game and what politics used to be about. Your opposition to the other side was based on the merits that you thought your position was right/stronger.

Even the partisan overreach & blame games are based on fact, just fact covered in faux outrage.

What I don't understand are the outright fabrications. The presentation of things that are easily disproven by facts as fact. The lies. The distortions. It's disgusting.

It seems 4-5 times a week Conservatives on here would rather froth at the mouth over a lie than actually admit they are pushing a lie. Again, I'm not talking about opinion on policy or ideology. I'm talking about facts that are misrepresented, distorted, or omitted just to paint a picture.

How many threads have there been these past few weeks? Off the top of my head...

Obama removing voting rights for the military...

Obama telling business owners they didn't build their business...

Obama is cherry-picking UE data...

DOJ is about to give Islam special rights against criticism...

Obama is spending the 4th of July in France...

Are Republicans that desperate that they'll happily resort to lying? Or are they so deluded about the truth of politics that any lie about Obama or Democrats is assumed to be true?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2012, 12:38 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,522,089 times
Oh this is gonna get ugly.

Old 08-06-2012, 12:39 PM

10,582 posts, read 9,757,569 times
Out of the hundreds that have been opened, you have managed to name one.

That's very telling, I'd say.

Unlike liberals, conservatives don't have to lie about their opponents to make them look bad.

Old 08-06-2012, 12:41 PM

5,261 posts, read 4,145,474 times
Do you ever listen to AM talk radio? This is who these people listen to. Whether it's guys who do pure schtick (Limbaugh and Michael Weiner) or a bi-polar, drug addicted loon (Beck), these shows are essentially fact-free.

Old 08-06-2012, 12:43 PM

10,582 posts, read 9,757,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
Do you ever listen to AM talk radio? This is who these people listen to. Whether it's guys who do pure schtick (Limbaugh and Michael Weiner) or a bi-polar, drug addicted loon (Beck), these shows are essentially fact-free.
The usual namecalling and smears, with the usual complete lack of example or reference.

Why am I not surprised?

Old 08-06-2012, 12:45 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,837,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
The idelogical debates/arguments are fair game and what politics used to be about. Your opposition to the other side was based on the merits that you thought your position was right/stronger.

Even the partisan overreach & blame games are based on fact, just fact covered in faux outrage.

What I don't understand are the outright fabrications. The presentation of things that are easily disproven by facts as fact. The lies. The distortions. It's disgusting.

It seems 4-5 times a week Conservatives on here would rather froth at the mouth over a lie than actually admit they are pushing a lie. Again, I'm not talking about opinion on policy or ideology. I'm talking about facts that are misrepresented, distorted, or omitted just to paint a picture.

How many threads have there been these past few weeks? Off the top of my head...

Obama removing voting rights for the military...

Obama telling business owners they didn't build their business...

Obama is cherry-picking UE data...

DOJ is about to give Islam special rights against criticism...

Obama is spending the 4th of July in France...

Are Republicans that desperate that they'll happily resort to lying? Or are they so deluded about the truth of politics that any lie about Obama or Democrats is assumed to be true?
Comrade obama is corrupt. If you don't see it, you need to open your eyes and your mind.
A vote for obama is a vote for communism.. The German's didn't see it coming, either

Old 08-06-2012, 12:45 PM
F40

826 posts, read 854,812 times
I really don't understand them posting these "false hoods" when It is so easy to confirm or debunk.

They might feel that they can fool some people into believing what they are posting, and may be able to change their opinion of President Obama.

When ever I see the usual suspects start a thread, I wait til it gets going a bit then click on it to see them get pwnd and watch them spin like a tasmanien devil.

Old 08-06-2012, 12:52 PM

1,975 posts, read 2,346,734 times
It seems like you are expecting conservatives/Republicans to promote the truth. They are only interested in spreading lies, not facts. It is their base nature.

Since Obama is a conservative, it is difficult for them to attack him. So they have to fabricate things. Play on prejudices against African Americans, gays, liberals, immigrants, whatever works. It's like a crappy boring broken record.

They will continue it into his second term.

Old 08-06-2012, 12:54 PM

11,754 posts, read 14,598,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
Are Republicans that desperate that they'll happily resort to lying?
Yes, they are.

Old 08-06-2012, 12:58 PM

5,261 posts, read 4,145,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
The usual namecalling and smears, with the usual complete lack of example or reference.

Why am I not surprised?
Beck describes himself as a manic-depressive and a recovering addict. Given his behavior, I don't believe he's recovering. Micheal Weiner's past is there for anyone to see. Limbaugh's rhetoric does not match how he lives his life. It's schtick for the latter two.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies