Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2012, 06:48 PM

29,805 posts, read 24,880,628 times

Advertisements

There is no reason to vote for Obama, no matter who you are, no matter what financial standing. The only plausible reason one could have for voting for the Obaminator would be if you were some kind of domestic terrorist.

Question for the poor.. 1 out of 7 Americans are now dipping into that food stamp pot. Disability and welfare recipients have ballooned... How long do you think that will be sustainable??? The poor better start caring a little more... Oww bama is gonna crash the whole party. But it's ok, he'll blame Bush and the liberals will nod in agreement. All that senseless nodding explains the brain damage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2012, 06:54 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
Ambition and desire for financial security isn't greed and is probably why you've relegated yourself paycheck to paycheck.
You know this how? What a nasty thing to say, anyway!

If you vote for Obama, you might get a UHC system, so you won't have to be spending so much on health care, especially if you own a business.

Old 08-06-2012, 07:03 PM

37,177 posts, read 19,174,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishvanguard View Post
You should not vote for Obama if you want to see wealth increase anywhere. His philosophy is not one of wealth production, but rather wealth redistribution, which tends to destroy all wealth over the long haul.
"Wealth redistribution".

You mean like W's tax giveaways to the rich while the middle class got screwed?

Old 08-06-2012, 07:05 PM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,685,474 times
If you're not wealthy already why vote for Romney?

Old 08-06-2012, 07:21 PM

3,709 posts, read 4,626,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
"Wealth redistribution".

You mean like W's tax giveaways to the rich while the middle class got screwed?
No, I mean like, Obama's screwing you and you are oblivious.

Old 08-06-2012, 07:30 PM

3,709 posts, read 4,626,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by codachrome View Post
The chances of you being wealthy is like telling a slave if they work really hard for the massa, you may become free one day. Its a line that keeps stupid people working hard for the rich.
The motto of the stupid and lazy.

Old 08-06-2012, 07:50 PM

6,369 posts, read 6,405,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by codachrome View Post
The chances of you being wealthy is like telling a slave if they work really hard for the massa, you may become free one day. Its a line that keeps stupid people working hard for the rich.
In addition to being ignorant or dismissive of the millions of first-generation well-to-do people in America, not to say hopelessly pessimistic when people are becoming wealthy every day somewhere in this great land, your comment hurts each of us. For the most common path to wealth in America is finding a way to meet the needs and desires of the rest of society in a new way, or better way, or a more efficient way than had been previously available. Every time someone gains wealth in this way, we are richer as a people.

If VTHokie discovers that the secret to wealth is being of value to others, we will all be better off. I trust he will pay no attention to your direct personal insult.

Old 08-06-2012, 08:05 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Ambition and desire for financial security isn't greed and is probably why you've relegated yourself paycheck to paycheck.
Have I? Do tell me more about me.

Old 08-06-2012, 08:10 PM

1,922 posts, read 1,744,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishvanguard View Post
You should not vote for Obama if you want to see wealth increase anywhere. His philosophy is not one of wealth production, but rather wealth redistribution, which tends to destroy all wealth over the long haul.
TRUTH!

Vote for fiscal conservatives... and keep on them if they win so the political machine doesn't influence them to go to the dark side.

Old 08-06-2012, 08:19 PM

4,272 posts, read 3,786,079 times
Quote:
I have dreams of being successful, wealthy and financial self-sufficient. Why would I ever vote in Obama? Why would I want to work just to earn 30 cents on every additional dollar of income my work brings me? Why would I invest in our capital markets if my dividends will be 40% tax or the capital gains on my risk taking 25%? I see no reason why anyone with aspirations to be wealthy would vote for this man, and that reason alone is why the poor and middle class tend to have consevative votership. Unlike Obama who offers no hope, many have hope for themselves, and when they "get there" they don't want it all taken away from a Democratic politician.

As someone who aspires to do great things, Obama vote seems like a conflict of interest.

If you ever paid 70 cents on the dollar in taxes, you would fire your accountant. Anyway, the President's proposal offered a 30% tax rate for those earning a million or more dollars annually. His budget makes no mention if this is an effective rate or a nominal rate. If it is a nominal rate, and you pocketed only $700,000 per year, you would fire your accountant.

I, also, find it hard to grasp the notion of not being financially self-sufficient on $700,000 per year, but I have never even come close to earning a tenth of that amount; so, what do I know? All I know is that the "poor, poor, pitiful me" argument doesn't garner any sympathy from the middling crowd.

Personally, I would like to see rates lowered and loopholes closed, but closing loopholes is like playing whack-a-mole... pound one down, a new one pops up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies