Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2012, 08:44 AM

1,610 posts, read 1,779,060 times

Advertisements

These topics just bring out the racial stereotyping why don't you just use the search button? These guys think blacks are leeches, nothing will change their thought process, debating it doesn't make any sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2012, 08:55 AM

3,620 posts, read 3,821,746 times
i dont vote for people who arnt interested in getting my vote (im half white/half black btw). the gop ignores me, ill ignore the gop, simple as that.

they cant rely on whites forever.

Old 08-07-2012, 08:55 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,749,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
I vote for Number 4, "Blacks continue to vote Democratic because they're the party that gives them the most stuff."
Technically the idea Lee Atwater sold for republican platform... and it continues to be a center-piece today.

Now, it also makes me wonder that people who think like that, also must believe that republican party gives the whites the most stuff they want.

I guess, this thread can be closed on that note.

Old 08-07-2012, 09:05 AM

16,200 posts, read 22,967,602 times
Ask Hermen Cain and Mr. Steele

Old 08-07-2012, 09:13 AM

12,910 posts, read 13,589,536 times
Because black people feel uncomfortable and a little out of place at ; The Republican convention, Tractor Pulls, The Country Club Golf Course, Farm Shows, Gun Shows, Live Stock Auctions, country and Bluegrass concerts, Bars that only sell Beer, and other places lots of Republicans gather.

Old 08-07-2012, 09:43 AM

3,620 posts, read 3,821,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
Because black people feel uncomfortable and a little out of place at ; The Republican convention, Tractor Pulls, The Country Club Golf Course, Farm Shows, Gun Shows, Live Stock Auctions, country and Bluegrass concerts, Bars that only sell Beer, and other places lots of Republicans gather.
i feel uncomfortable where there are lots of whites period. i need at least some mix in the room.

Old 08-07-2012, 11:18 AM

4,396 posts, read 4,894,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Artiste View Post
Republicans don't really care for minorities or the poor, if they did blacks would probably vote conservative because most of them are when it comes to religion ,morals etc
You are 100% correct. I don't care the least bit about minorities because I don't care what color anyone is. It's their actions that matter to me. I don't care about the able bodied poor either. If someone can get a job, any job at all, then with hard work you can get by.

I do care about the disabled poor. If I weren't taxed out the wazoo, I would donate to those charities. But right now, my extra income is going to pay taxes and letting the .gov distribute the money to who THEY want to give it to.

Besides the movie linked earlier, there are others:
Frederick Douglass Republican | Turning Values Into Votes In 2012 And Beyond
K Carl Smith, The Conservative Messenger on Vimeo
Zonation: Repu-BLACK-in: Putting the Black Back In Republican - YouTube

Old 08-07-2012, 11:34 AM

4,396 posts, read 4,894,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
I feel uncomfortable the few times I've been to a country club and I'm the whitest guy I know.

But any of the places you mention shouldn't make any minority feel uncomfortable. In fact, I've seen black families at a horse show not only feel comfortable but be proud to be showing their Tennessee Walkers. It wasn't one or two people but multi-generational families there. The younger kids (black and white) all played together. When the shows started, everyone sat in the stands together. No group of people stayed to themselves. Finally, one of the winning horses was owned and ridden by a black man and he received the same amount of applause as the white winners. I really feel uncomfortable writing black/white because it didn't matter to anyone there. Everyone was there for a common event and the camaraderie was evident among both the participants and the spectators.

Same with the gun shows/gun ranges. Again, we are there for a common purpose and I don't care what color the guy next to me is.

Bars that only sell beer? I know a lot of black guys that are beer drinkers.

Quick story. A few years ago, my wife and I attended a college reunion of my fraternity. It was banquet room in a very nice hotel with a bar and a DJ. The problem was the DJ though. As the evening wore on and his song selection deteriorated, the attendees in our room were slowly leaving. Turns out they were going to a black family reunion in the banquet room across the hall. My wife and I went over there and had the best time. The DJ was great and everyone was dancing together.

Old 08-07-2012, 11:43 AM

805 posts, read 1,081,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stick2dascript View Post
These topics just bring out the racial stereotyping why don't you just use the search button? These guys think blacks are leeches, nothing will change their thought process, debating it doesn't make any sense.
Racial stereotyping? There is nothing wrong with discussing major trends in politics today, and my OP was in no way baiting anyone or meant to be offensive. Just go away, please. I'm not interested in name-calling or skirting around the question. This post has generated a lot of helpful replies for me to understand why blacks continue voting for Democrats, and your post adds nothing to the discussion.

Old 08-07-2012, 11:46 AM

805 posts, read 1,081,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Artiste View Post
Republicans don't really care for minorities or the poor, if they did blacks would probably vote conservative because most of them are when it comes to religion ,morals etc
But to play devil's advocate: how exactly have Dem economic policies helped blacks, especially since they began in the 1960s?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies