Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2012, 11:08 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,182,612 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
But he hasn't proven that he didn't get into college as a foreign-born student.

OK, Obama's turn.
And it doesn't matter, because he wouldn't have received any kind of special preference for not being an American citizen. Why would he even do that? The tuition cost for international students is usually much more expensive than for citizens. My understanding is that he got scholarships all along the way--those would have been based on his transcripts from American schools. His ACT or SAT would have been taken under his American social security number. The school would have known he was an American kid. He would have absolutely no reason to apply as a foreign student, it would have been more expensive for him to attend that way, and he would have got zero benefit from it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2012, 11:08 AM

88,697 posts, read 44,470,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Your "example" is actually an example of
University policy.

Old 08-07-2012, 11:09 AM

20,893 posts, read 16,037,403 times
Quote:
But he hasn't proven that he didn't get into college as a foreign-born student.
Neither has Romney.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise
OK, Obama's turn.
Nope... we're still waiting on Romney to catch up.

Old 08-07-2012, 11:09 AM

88,697 posts, read 44,470,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
I was an American studying abroad. My point is that you're confusing the issue by going off on a tangent about whether it was legal or not. It doesn't matter--it couldn't happen.
Precisely.

Old 08-07-2012, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
I was an American studying abroad.
So... not what Birthers are even talking about here. Not even close.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547
My point is that you're confusing the issue by going off on a tangent about whether it was legal or not.
Nonsense.

SourD has asserted that a crime was committed. It is a different argument completely. I know your heart is in the right place... but the confusion here is entirely yours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547
If he applied as a foreign student without being in a program--just as a regular student who happened to be international, and who planned on graduating from the American school he was attending--he would have been held to the same standards for admission as every other student.
Isn't that exactly what I said? Almost word for word?

Old 08-07-2012, 11:14 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,419,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
So... not what Birthers are even talking about here. Not even close.

Nonsense.

SourD has asserted that a crime was committed. It is a different argument completely. I know your heart is in the right place... but the confusion here is entirely yours.

Isn't that exactly what I said? Almost word for word?
You're caught and your butt hurts. lmao.

Old 08-07-2012, 11:15 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,065,040 times
Quote:
Wow, liberals are kind of dense aren't they.

So, Romney didn't do anything illegal with regards to taxes, and there is no evidence to prove it's correct. But libs are convinced he's a criminal.

Come on now, they're both the same issue. Admit it. I know ya can.
I guess I am dense. Your response here ^^ makes no sense to me.

15,047 posts, read 8,837,154 times
Good grief, yet ANOTHER birther thread? You could put a new name on this one a start it all over again (and, in fact, that's what the OP, aka Steve McGarrett, does again and again and again) and no one would ever be able to tell the difference. College transcripts, term papers, grammar school records, parents' divorce certificate--same old stupid bs repeated again and again and again.

The bottom line: Birthers are idiots. And rational beings should all simply agree that they're idiots, who collectively don't have enough brain cells to power one functioning human between them, and leave them to their cesspool.

42,732 posts, read 29,775,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
University policy.
One university's policy.

Other universities have different policies. Free country, and all that.

Old 08-07-2012, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Wow, liberals are kind of dense aren't they.
It depends. Do you mean the real ones? Or the ones that haunt your personal delusions?

Quote:
So, Romney didn't do anything illegal with regards to taxes, and there is no evidence to prove it's correct. But libs are convinced he's a criminal.
Ah.... I see. The ones from your delusions. Thanks for clarifying.

Quote:
Come on now, they're both the same issue. Admit it. I know ya can.
Hmmmm... "college records" (which neither have released) vs. "tax returns" (which only Obama has released).

With the exception of the letter "e" there is no apparent similarity whatsoever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies