Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2012, 09:06 AM

20,892 posts, read 16,073,168 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt800 View Post
However, you yourself think the burden of proof is on Romney to disprove a spurious allegation by Harry Reid.
Actually, no. I don't. I have never once taken Reid's claim seriously, and I do not believe for a second that Romney paid no taxes for ten years.

That said... Obama has voluntarily released more of his personal records than any other President in US history. This includes several years of his tax records that Romney refuses to release.

When Romney matches that... only then will you be in a position to accuse Obama supporters of hypocrisy without being... well... a hypocrite.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2012, 09:07 AM

7,541 posts, read 6,269,864 times
SourD is a known Obama basher and birther. It's not surprising.

3,484 posts, read 2,871,242 times
Pathetic. The Republican delusion that Obama isn't a citizen is not backed up by any factual evidence. The notion that Mitt Romney might have paid little or no taxes is entirely plausible because many of his fellow rich pigs do exactly that -- pay little or nothing in taxes.

The problem the Reps have is public perception that their party is the party of the truly greedy. Worse, the greedy who want to earn their money by turning the rest of us into slaves who must accept a much lower standard of living. That problem isn't going away anytime soon. Especially after you've nominated a guy who not only embodies that ugly reality but practically revels in it.

13,887 posts, read 13,666,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jt800 View Post
But Harry Reid has been debunked numerous times too.

You DO hold the same standard for Democrats as you do for Republicans don't you?

I mean, you wouldn't be hypocritical and NOT DEMAND that Obama PROVE his innocence just like Romney MUST prove his......right?
Surely, you jest.

The little (stupid) people believe what fools like Chrissy Matthews, Andrea Mitchell, etc, tell them to believe. They don't have enough brain power to string their own thoughts together, so they follow the mantra.

I thank God every day that I'm not one of them.

5,261 posts, read 4,154,407 times
Just when you think brain-dead right-wingers couldn't possibly make themselves look more foolish...I'll say it again, approve of the ethics of it or not, Harry's little gambit has again sent the moonbats into full meltdown mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Use your so called "intellectual" brain and see if you can find Waldo.
I was always very good at finding Waldo. I'm also very good at identifying fraud.

There would be no fraud here... even were the idiotic delusion actually true.

Old 08-07-2012, 09:08 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,202,558 times
Steve (we all know that's who you are--same crap, different user name)

Your own article states that the person you're quoting went to school at Columbia but doesn't know DIDDLY SQUAT about Obama as a student there--once again it's all "I have a gut feeling" BS. He didn't know Obama. Here's the deal. The president's mom was an American Citizen. He was born here, and lived here until the first grade--he went to kindergarten in Hawaii. He moved with his mom and step dad to Indonesia for three years, and then went back to Hawaii to go to school from the fourth grade on. His step dad never adopted him, so he wasn't eligible for an Indonesian passport. He had an American passport--NOT an indonesian one. EVEN IF he was born in Kenya (which he was not) he'd still be an American citizen with an American passport. Even if he lived in Indonesia for a few years as a kid, he'd still have an American passport. You can't enroll as a foreign student if you're an American citizen. Are you really this stupid?

I went to school out of the country for a year in high school--it's no different. I went with an American passport, and I enrolled in college as an American citizen. Just because you study outside of the country you don't change your nationality.

The only reason you birther nut jobs care about his college records is because you've been proved wrong over and over on the birth certificate, and you're too stupid to admit you're wrong, so now you're moving on to his college records. It's insane.

Old 08-07-2012, 09:11 AM

Location: Finally escaped The People's Republic of California
11,314 posts, read 8,653,285 times
you mean a politician lied....oh my.....

Old 08-07-2012, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
HUH? You make no sense.
Trust me. Your inability to understand is no indictment on whether or not I am making sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD
Are you now trying to say that Obama renounced his US citizenship?
Nope. Why would anybody have to renounce their US citizenship when US citizenship law allows dual/multiple citizenships at the same time?

Quote:
That's the only way to make your made up scenario work, other than that he would still have been a US citizen and not eligible for foreign exchange student status.
You really have to stop making **** up. Please... point to these imaginary rules that say a US citizen is not eligible for foreign exchange student status if they actually are also foreign citizens?

Better yet... what are you hallucinating is the advantage of being a "foreign exchange student?"

Quote:
What country was he coming from when he applied?
He was coming from Hawaii. In case you have not noticed, that is one of the United States.

Old 08-07-2012, 09:15 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,686,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Another thread by Steve McGarret with a title that is a lie.

While Root (a long debunked buffoon) suggests in a classic act of wild Birther speculation that Obama might have been a foreign exchange student, he does so from what he admits is a position of complete and unrefined personal ignorance. He does not say that "Obama went to college as a Foreign citizen" because he admits that he doesn't know one way or the other.

Remember, this guy has been saying for more than four years that nobody at Columbia knew Obama. And that was a lie before it ever first left his lips.
Its easy then right? Just release the records? I mean it's that easy for Romney according to *******s it must be just as easy for B.Sotero.

Come on what has Obungler got to lose?

What are you afraid of HS? call on your King to release his records.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies