Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2012, 08:17 AM

5,960 posts, read 5,554,468 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
smh, I am moving on from you, clearly you are too far up the Fox News butt to smell anything other than what they have been eating up.

Everything about what you posted is horribly flawed and the reason why our country is getting worse, not better because people like you are running with the "me" flag. It is good to see you put yourself first over country. Guess you must loathe society and wish we all lived in fortresses and spent our days warding off intruders.
LOL.

Another liberal who:

1. Quits and takes his ball home when the heat of a reasonable counter-argument is presented.

-and-

2. Decries the cruelty of a fiscal conservative who is in no mood to pay for other's mistakes but, as a "caring progressive" takes every tax credit and deduction he (or she) can and declines to donate extra money to the federal government during tax time. Typical liberal hypocrite.

Here is the link to donate extra money above your tax obligation for you liberals who feel that the government doesn't receive enough taxpayer cash:

Government - Gift Contributions to Reduce Debt Held by the Public

(...sits back and watches as zero liberals donate extra money to the government bureaucracy they love...)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2012, 08:20 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,517,345 times
Lots of businesses grow via government handouts. Off the top of my head, there are slumlords, food vendors, liquor stores, lottery sellers, payday lenders, check cashing stores, poverty is a huge business.

Old 08-08-2012, 08:32 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,251,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
LOL.

Another liberal who:

1. Quits and takes his ball home when the heat of a reasonable counter-argument is presented.

-and-

2. Decries the cruelty of a fiscal conservative who is in no mood to pay for other's mistakes but, as a "caring progressive" takes every tax credit and deduction he (or she) can and declines to donate extra money to the federal government during tax time. Typical liberal hypocrite.

Here is the link to donate extra money above your tax obligation for you liberals who feel that the government doesn't receive enough taxpayer cash:

Government - Gift Contributions to Reduce Debt Held by the Public

(...sits back and watches as zero liberals donate extra money to the government bureaucracy they love...)
No I learned a long time ago that you should never argue with a stop sign because no matter what you say it is always going to say the same thing. So I am smart enough to realize it would be useless to have any counter-argument with someone who clearly has nothing to argue about.

So yes, I am moving on from you because you are nothing more than a stop sign.

Old 08-08-2012, 08:45 AM

Quote:
No I learned a long time ago that you should never argue with a stop sign because no matter what you say it is always going to say the same thing. So I am smart enough to realize it would be useless to have any counter-argument with someone who clearly has nothing to argue about.

So yes, I am moving on from you because you are nothing more than a stop sign.
Notice how this liberal has, in the last two posts, neglected to say WHY they disagree...a point-by-point reasoned counter-argument?

Just your typical liberal name calling.

"stop sign"...lol.

Perhaps another progressive will be able to explain why society should pay for the bad decisions of those who know how to pimp the system.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o64Fz-KW1Dk

Personally...I help those who help themselves and are TRULY in need. Those people do NOT include politicians.

Old 08-08-2012, 08:45 AM

10,016 posts, read 12,599,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
Jobs aren't created by government handouts?

Farmers and oil workers may disagree.
Exactly. In Canada the biggest growth industry we have in the entire country that will produce TRILLIONS of dollars in our economy is the OIL SANDS.

Who do you suppose is mainly responsible for starting and developing this industry. Let me tell you this, the entire world oil industry did not have a single little bit of interest of investing or developing this resource. The government of Canada actually bought a large international oil company called PetroFina, renamed it Petro Canada and began operations in the oil sands. I remember well the critics wailing that the government would lose their shirt amd you know what? They did. HOWEVER THEY ACCOMPLISHED THEIR PURPOSE BY PROVING THE OIL SANDS WERE VIABLE AND AS THE TECHNOLOGY IMPROVED IT BECAME PROFITABLE. When it did finally become profitable the government sold Petro Canada and the stampede to northern Alberta began.

So much for the idea that governments don't create wealth. In the future when us Canadians become the "Saudis of the North", remember this, we will have had a liberal government that invested the people's money in a resourse the private sector was not interested in to thank for funding our social system for ever and ever to the end of days.

Old 08-08-2012, 08:50 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,625,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
Jobs aren't created by government handouts?

Farmers and oil workers may disagree.
And Michele Bachman...

Old 08-08-2012, 09:44 AM

59,338 posts, read 27,505,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
Are SBA loans evil too?
Many of them are.

I worked a mandatory contract for 8A Setaside. Many of the "minority" companies admitted gaming the system in order to stay an 8A Setaside company.

Have you ever been involved with the SBA and the 8A Setaside program?

The fed has proven over and over that it CANNOT control waste fraud and abuse in ANY program it engages in.

Old 08-08-2012, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Notice how this liberal has, in the last two posts, neglected to say WHY they disagree...a point-by-point reasoned counter-argument?

Just your typical liberal name calling.

"stop sign"...lol.

Perhaps another progressive will be able to explain why society should pay for the bad decisions of those who know how to pimp the system.

MY EBT (NOW ON iTUNES) - By @MrEBT & @CaptnHook_Maine - YouTube

Personally...I help those who help themselves and are TRULY in need. Those people do NOT include politicians.
Why should businesses hold the burden of health insurance? That seems awfully counter productive for a business...if only there was a way to take the burden of health insurance costs off the employer and make it less of a risk for someone to start a new business and then use the 300+ million people of the country to negotiate affordable rates for everyone. Which would also mean that we could still rely on private health insurance and have the entire country get affordable rates.

But you live in a world where it is all about "me." You can't stop for a minute and say what can I do for you. Too many people in our country have moved into a selfish mode where it is less about the country and more about "me." But you know what the funny thing is, if we work together as a country we move further than we do when we work as individuals against everyone else. Ever hear the saying "United we stand, divided we fall." We became a country because we worked together. And now you want to work separate from everyone else, guess you wish for our country to fall too....

Old 08-08-2012, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Why should businesses hold the burden of health insurance? That seems awfully counter productive for a business...if only there was a way to take the burden of health insurance costs off the employer and make it less of a risk for someone to start a new business and then use the 300+ million people of the country to negotiate affordable rates for everyone. Which would also mean that we could still rely on private health insurance and have the entire country get affordable rates.

But you live in a world where it is all about "me." You can't stop for a minute and say what can I do for you. Too many people in our country have moved into a selfish mode where it is less about the country and more about "me." But you know what the funny thing is, if we work together as a country we move further than we do when we work as individuals against everyone else. Ever hear the saying "United we stand, divided we fall." We became a country because we worked together. And now you want to work separate from everyone else, guess you wish for our country to fall too....
Using your "logic" the burden of "capital loss" should be taken off the backs of the proprietors too.

Unless your are a cold-hearted conservative who would stick them with the possibility of failing.

We should establish a "National Profit Guarantee Fund" for businesses. Americans would be forced to volunteer tax money for a fund that small businesses could use to shore up their books each quarter.

That would mean far fewer businesses failing each year and that would keep employment high and stable.

After all, its all about the greater good and not cynical American individualism, right?

Why don't you consider others instead of only thinking of yourself.

Old 08-08-2012, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Using your "logic" the burden of "capital loss" should be taken off the backs of the proprietors too.

Unless your are a cold-hearted conservative who would stick them with the possibility of failing.

We should establish a "National Profit Guarantee Fund" for businesses. Americans would be forced to volunteer tax money for a fund that small businesses could use to shore up their books each quarter.

That would mean far fewer businesses failing each year and that would keep employment high and stable.

After all, its all about the greater good and not cynical American individualism, right?

Why don't you consider others instead of only thinking of yourself.
I do think of others, I support socialized programs.

Oh and you do know forced and volunteer are the opposite of each other, wasn't sure if that was a wording error or not. And I am all for creating loan programs that makes it easier for people to start businesses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies