Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2012, 08:49 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,561,284 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
But sexual orientation is NOT a learned behavior, it's biological, so what's your point?
I don't believe that is a fact, sometimes it is learned, sometimes it isn't. Some try it and like it, some find it easier to deal with their own gender, some are looking for a father figure or mother figure, some were molested by the same sex and carried that forward. Some have no prefence, and can go either way - which means those people will have a hard time with committment.
Everybody is different.

Old 10-18-2012, 09:56 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,770,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth-Kaunda View Post
a child brought up by two gays will surely have a warped view of the world.

why should we allow this?
A child brought up by a conservative christian will have a warped view of the world and lower intelligence. Obviously they should be banned from having children.

Good idea!

Old 10-18-2012, 10:03 PM

3,437 posts, read 6,073,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Yep, I had a Hemmingway cat. They are actually quite easy to find. I also had a Minx that had 6 toes.

I have seen a few cats that had six toes, they were healthy normal cats that had an extra toe.

Old 10-18-2012, 10:34 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,380,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
I don't believe that is a fact, sometimes it is learned, sometimes it isn't. Some try it and like it, some find it easier to deal with their own gender, some are looking for a father figure or mother figure, some were molested by the same sex and carried that forward. Some have no prefence, and can go either way - which means those people will have a hard time with committment.
Everybody is different.
Sorry, that's not what all the evidence shows.

Of course you are entitled to express your belief and personal opinion even if all evidence shows it to be incorrect.

Last edited by Ceist; 10-18-2012 at 11:17 PM..

Old 10-18-2012, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
You cannot argue with those who hate what is right.
Brain scans show how people project their own views onto what they think are "God's" views.

Creating God in one's own image : Not Exactly Rocket Science

"Their opinions on God's attitudes on important social issues closely mirror their own beliefs. If their own attitudes change, so do their perceptions of what God thinks. They even use the same parts of their brain when considering God's will and their own opinions."

"The results suggest that similar parts of the brain are involved when we consider our own beliefs and those of God - Epley thinks this is why we end up inferring a deity's attitudes based on those we hold ourselves."

Old 10-18-2012, 11:37 PM

4,574 posts, read 7,498,900 times
Quote:
Perhaps it could , but can you answer the question.

here it is again: How will a young boy receive maternal love if he only has two dads?

or will you just deflect again?
There have been many studies that concluded that children raised by homosexual parents turn out just as healthy as children raised by heterosexual couples.

http://www.cpa.ca/cpasite/userfiles/...2006%20(1).pdf

http://www.psychology.org.au/Assets/...Lit-Review.pdf

http://www.ca9.uscourts.gov/datastor...7/amicus29.pdf

Old 10-19-2012, 12:40 AM

5,190 posts, read 4,837,569 times
are you being deliberately obtuse?

I guess you are because you have now dodged the question twice.

so, third time lucky:How will a young boy receive maternal love if he only has two dads?

How the kid turns out in the end is not the issue.

We want to see what their quality of life is like whilst growing up without maternal love.

How is this fair for the child?

Old 10-19-2012, 01:12 AM

4,574 posts, read 7,498,900 times
No, I really didn't dodge the question. You obviously think that the well-being of a child would be significantly worse in a LGBT household as opposed to a heterosexual household, and I presented facts that debunked your point. The quality of life during one's childhood is a good indicator of the mental state and well being of an adult.

I find it ironic that you are somehow "concerned" about the well being of children raised by same-sex couples, yet your homophobic attitude contributes to the very stigma associated with being gay, whether intentionally or not.

Old 10-19-2012, 01:17 AM

Quote:
are you being deliberately obtuse?

I guess you are because you have now dodged the question twice.

so, third time lucky:How will a young boy receive maternal love if he only has two dads?

How the kid turns out in the end is not the issue.

We want to see what their quality of life is like whilst growing up without maternal love.

How is this fair for the child?
A child needs love and nurturing parenting. The gender of the parent is not as important. Perhaps if you had bothered to actually read any of the studies people have provided for you, you would have realized that people were answering your questions. Here's another one for you:

From The Journal of Marriage and Family Volume 72, Issue 1, pages 3–22, February 2010
How Does the Gender of Parents Matter? - Biblarz - 2010 - Journal of Marriage and Family - Wiley Online Library
The entrenched conviction that children need both a mother and a father inflames culture wars over single motherhood, divorce, gay marriage, and gay parenting. Research to date, however, does not support this claim. Contrary to popular belief, studies have not shown that "compared to all other family forms, families headed by married, biological parents are best for children" (Popenoe, quoted in Center for Marriage and Family, p. 1).
Research has not identified any gender-exclusive parenting abilities (with the partial exception of lactation). Our analysis confirms an emerging consensus among prominent researchers of fathering and child development. The third edition of Lamb's (1997) authoritative anthology directly reversed the inaugural volume's premise when it concluded that "very little about the gender of the parent seems to be distinctly important" (p. 10). Likewise, in Fath-erneed, Pruett (2000), a prominent advocate of involved fathering, confided, "I also now realize that most of the enduring parental skills are probably, in the end, not dependent on gender" (p. 18).

Old 10-19-2012, 01:24 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,250,946 times
Kenneth-K has been involved in these debates here before.

He's asking the same stupid questions and using the same twisted homophobic logic that he always does.

Trying to debate him is like beating a dead horse and will get you nowhere.

Last edited by Cinebar; 10-19-2012 at 01:35 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies